on 27 March 2013
I came across The Camp when I was purchasing Released Souls on Amazon. The synopsis sounded different than any book I had read recently, and it also made a refreshing change to read a stand-alone.
Karice Bolton immediately captures Emma's fear and confusion in the first chapter. The reader is aware that Emma has been sent to the camp for the wrong reasons, whilst the other campers are offenders, to some degree. When a man attempts to get into Emma's tent on her first night, Liam, a camp guide, finds him and they think their troubles are over but Karice Bolton increase the suspense and fear as people continue to go missing and usually a carved raven is left on Emma's pillow.
The Camp is not gruesome in any way, but it is a clever thriller, and although the author does give small clues as to the perpetrator, the ending still surprised me.
Karice Bolton also allows the relationship between Liam and Emma to grow, as they deal with what is happening, and we learn about them, as they open up to each other.
I found The Camp gripping and difficult to put down. This is definitely one to make time for!
I loved The Camp. Seriously! It was incredible. I don't usually read kindle books or electronic copies, except for my Netgalley books; but this was an amazing exception! I'm so glad that Foreword Literary asked me to be a part of this tour because I got to read this awesome book! Okay, so let's start...

more reviews at : [...]

I want to start by saying how strong and feisty the lead character; Emma, was. She had all the characteristics I look for in a lead heroine of a novel, and was believable and human; in a way that she didn't make me think, "girls don't behave that way," or "girls wouldn't say that" sort of thing. Emma had a back story, too--a solid one that she was determined would not define her. She was smart and sassy, and had just one weakness. Liam. He was a strong, caring and an independent person just like her and they seemed extremely suited to one another, almost like they were made for each other. Their romance was a huge part of what made this book a winner in my eyes; that, and the plot of a serial killer being on the loose at the camp Emma goes to stay at--she shouldn't even be there, because she was sent for all the wrong reasons. But she doesn't let that, or the fact that there was a killer on the loose, get to her. In fact, she isn't cowering under a blanket or demanding to go home. As soon as I read the ending I was so shocked that I just stared for a few moments at the page, thinking, how did I not know...and where did this leave things? But the ending was perfect, and left no strings untied and no cliff-hangers! Yay!

The Alaska Wilderness that Karice described painted an image so vivid that as I read, I got the feel for how it would look like, how it would feel to be there. Karice is a 5-star storyteller and I could praise The Camp all day! It's not like me to guess after a few chapters that I was going to adore the novel, but a few pages in and I was hooked. Nothing could draw me away, not even Twitter. So, I'm going to give The Camp a huge 5-stars because it is now one of my favourite reads this year. An incredible book from an amazing author!
on 21 March 2013
This is the first book I have read that has not been part of a series which was a nice change, however did feel it was a little short but still loved the story and plot.
on 1 May 2013
This s book was amazing I just couldn't put it down and their was not one point of it that I found boring.
on 10 May 2013
Great as always wish it went on longer like a series maybe but then I can never get enough of karice . Bolton stories
on 14 June 2013
I read this in a day and its a great short read well worth buying along with all the other books by Karice Bolton
on 31 July 2013
I've read a lot of Karice's work and saved this one for my holidays. It was quite like another book I'd read but had a twist! I loved the characters and the settings and I liked that even without a relationship, the main characters had substance. I did see the ending coming, but it was still very good to read. I love Karice's writing style and would definitely recommend this book. C:
on 22 February 2014
I defiantly recommend reading this book. I couldn't put it down. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole book. I was one drama after another, and I love how the author managed to make it a action, mystery, romance, murder story. Though I don't think it is possible to add something to this already amazing story line I wish there would be a second book.
on 8 April 2013
I enjoyed this book. It felt slightly rushed in places, possibly because the author is used to writing series. There was a good amount of action and suspense though. The author wrote about the emotions of the characters well, as I would expect from her previous books. I preferred the watchers series and the witches avenue series but this was an ok book.
on 29 June 2013
From my favourite author

I read this in a day as it had me hooked & I couldn't put it down.....just wish there was more stories about Emma & Liam, he sounds like a dream lol