5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the negative reviews
I rarely review things, but after reading the negative reviews, I felt obliged in this case. People are complaining its similar to Assassins Creed 3. Tell me, what did you expect?
Now let me be clear, this is no GTA 5. But that's because its not meant to be! This game is designed with a completely different aim. But enough of that, let me get into it...
Published 10 months ago by CardiacGamer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the other
I have played all of the assassins creed games and found this one to be lacking. I don't know if its just more of the same type of game as before, but have gone off this one and have played it very little.

Seller was good, arrived in good time and well packaged - wont have any concerns in using them again.
Published 2 months ago by Kevin Head

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the negative reviews, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

Gameplay: Now if your a fan of any other Assassins Creed game, your going to love this one. All the free running and movement has been refined, I have noticed very little of the bugs that used to annoy me all the time - I am yet to plunge fifty feet to my death accidentally jumping the wrong way because of bad controls - even after several hours of gameplay. Assassinating is as slick as ever, and having four guns as opposed to one finally makes them worth shooting! If you enjoyed the Naval battles on AC3, this is definitely for you! So much of the game is based on the open sea, but only if you want is to be. Sure, many missions involve boarding and plundering a ship, but if this isn't your cup of tea - though it is great fun - then you can stick to the cities for the most part (the 3 main ones all being large enough). I haven't yet reached the main idea of harpooning in this game, but thats probably because i spend most of my time causing havoc in Havana, and if the rest of the game is anything to go by, it will be good.

One thing that has been greatly improved is the stealth aspect in this game. It is possible to do almost every mission without entering open combat, and for this I greatly applaud Ubisoft, as stealth had all-but been abandoned in Assassins Creed 3.

However, while everything as been refined and added to, apart from the Naval battles, there isn't a huge amount of new features here, so if you don't like captaining a ship, I would have to recommend you stay away from this one.

Graphics: The graphics in this game are breathtaking. Even on Xbox 360, and I cant wait to see them on next-gen. If i compare it to AC2 (my favorite AC game) they are amazing, but however, if you played AC3, there really isn't that much new in the graphics department, as they were extremely detailed.

Storyline: Reasonably predictable overall, but it's always interesting to learn of Edwards struggles throughout his life. The new Abstergo modern day events that have taken over from Desmond are just about perfect - I personally find them interesting, but they never take you out of the game for too long!

Multiplayer: Not a big multiplayer fan on the AC games, so havent played it yet.

Conclusion: I would give this game an 9/10. Its an excellent game, and any die-hard fans of Assassins Creed will love it. Even if you simply enjoy playing them once in a while, I suggest you pick this one up. It has great gameplay, a decent storyline, and kept me glued to my TV for 4 hours straight when i got it today.

Ignore the other 'supposed diehard fans of AC' and look at it this way. If you enjoyed other Assassins Creed games (here I mostly mean the Ezio era, as many agree AC3 was a step back) and you liked the naval parts of AC3 then you will enjoy this one. If you don't like the Naval Battles, or the Assassins Creed format in General, stay away from this one.

Overall I would highly recommend it, Great game!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Absolutely brilliant. It restored my faith in the franchise, which had been going downhill, particularly with 3. The characters are brilliant and Edwards progression as a character is interesting enough to keep you engaged.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good., 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I'll admit, I wasn't too keen on AC3. In fact, I ended up trading it in soon after I had bought it. So when I heard that ACIV was going to be about pirates, I lost all faith in Ubisoft.
Being a loyal fan from the very first game, I decided to give this game a go and try it. It restored my faith in Ubisoft, I have to say.
The story wasn't as strong as I would've liked and the modern day Abstergo parts were strange to get used to, but all in all, the characters were memorable and the locations were beautiful. Not to mention the crisp and clear blue sea you spent most of the game travelling on.
Though a lot of the missions got repetitive i.e. eavesdrop ones, there was a lovely blend of stealth and fun which I didn't expect to see.

I would definitely recommend this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Game!, 29 Nov 2013
5 Stars 100%!
Amazing game, a real high point in the series.
Even if you don't like previous Assassin's Creed games this is a very different experience while keeping old hardcore fans very happy.

I would recommend to everyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Game, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Got the game today, ordered on Tuesday arrived Saturday, and instantly started playing. The graphics look notably fantastic from the offset and the game throws you into the action a lot quicker without too lengthy a tutorial. I spent around 40 minutes playing the first introductory sequence as the game gives you free reign to explore the island, loot chests, find treasure, synchronise viewpoints and all the other good stuff we expect from assassins creed.

However, this exploration did lead me to discover the rather unpolished controls. Those who have played previous AC games will be used to holding 'RT' and 'A' to jump from obstacle to obstacle, now you just need to hold 'RT' and push in the direction with 'LS'. This leads to a lot more mistakes and you'll find yourself accidentally jumping in the wrong direction now and again. A bit annoying but I'm getting used to it.

In terms of game play the land based memories are much the same as those of previous games in the series. Usually, go into restricted area and find/follow/destroy/assassinate a target. Aside from stalking zones (shrubbery you can hide/move around in) this is exactly the same as how things have played out before.

Exploration is where this game comes into its own, the world is a place of beauty and almost everything can be climbed, scaled or interacted with in some way. There is lots of fun to be had, whether you like gathering collectibles, stirring up trouble with guards, entering naval battles, clearing forts, hunting animals or just free running. There are plenty of ways to fill in some times.

If the controls were more fluid and the camera angle wasn't so awkward at times then I would happily give this a 5 but these nuances drop it down to a very solid 4. Definitely a recommended purchase, especially at the low price it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuing Greatness, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Assassins Creed is my favourite game series of all time and AC4 feels like a crowning achievement in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game 5 stars, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Assassins creed black flag is the best ac to date! It a huge amount better than ac 3 which was a bit of a dissapointment. The open world is huge and there is so much to do and explore. The naval battles are amazing and have been greatly improved from ac 3. The stealth is also very good and there are plenty of weapons to kill people with! Ignore the negative views there just looking back at ac 3 and using that to go against this one. If you are a fan of the ezio games then you will love this one! Plus it has staggering graphics and detail!

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed is back on form., 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Only a short way through it but so far it makes me feel like this could be the best assassin's game yet, Damn Edward is so awesome in this game, which is made better by how the feeling of the game ushers back to AC2, which in my opinion was the best AC to date, thank god this game makes up for the dullness of Connor in AC3. Assassination contracts are back and are still fun as hell and god, there is so much to explore, I mean I have only found a small fraction of the map so far but it is great fun using the Jackdaw to find new places.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a soul that seeks adventure and you love sandbox (do whatever you like) games then this game ..., 12 Aug 2014
Jac Johnson "Reviewer" (Leicestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This isn't a meerly a game; it's a life.
I am probably the biggest critic when it comes to realism and gameplay but this game is on another level.
If you have a soul that seeks adventure and you love sandbox (do whatever you like) games then this game will haul you in and drop your anchor.
Gta5? AC 4 blows it out the water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Great game brought for my boyfriend. He loves it and so do I, the story line is amazing and has similarities and differences to the other AC's but has great twists! It even has a review/feedback to the creator which hopefully means the next AC will be just as awesome. The service and delivery was good too.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
20.99