5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the negative reviews
I rarely review things, but after reading the negative reviews, I felt obliged in this case. People are complaining its similar to Assassins Creed 3. Tell me, what did you expect?
Now let me be clear, this is no GTA 5. But that's because its not meant to be! This game is designed with a completely different aim. But enough of that, let me get into it...
Published 9 months ago by CardiacGamer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the other
I have played all of the assassins creed games and found this one to be lacking. I don't know if its just more of the same type of game as before, but have gone off this one and have played it very little.

Seller was good, arrived in good time and well packaged - wont have any concerns in using them again.
Published 1 month ago by Kevin Head

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the negative reviews, 29 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

Gameplay: Now if your a fan of any other Assassins Creed game, your going to love this one. All the free running and movement has been refined, I have noticed very little of the bugs that used to annoy me all the time - I am yet to plunge fifty feet to my death accidentally jumping the wrong way because of bad controls - even after several hours of gameplay. Assassinating is as slick as ever, and having four guns as opposed to one finally makes them worth shooting! If you enjoyed the Naval battles on AC3, this is definitely for you! So much of the game is based on the open sea, but only if you want is to be. Sure, many missions involve boarding and plundering a ship, but if this isn't your cup of tea - though it is great fun - then you can stick to the cities for the most part (the 3 main ones all being large enough). I haven't yet reached the main idea of harpooning in this game, but thats probably because i spend most of my time causing havoc in Havana, and if the rest of the game is anything to go by, it will be good.

One thing that has been greatly improved is the stealth aspect in this game. It is possible to do almost every mission without entering open combat, and for this I greatly applaud Ubisoft, as stealth had all-but been abandoned in Assassins Creed 3.

However, while everything as been refined and added to, apart from the Naval battles, there isn't a huge amount of new features here, so if you don't like captaining a ship, I would have to recommend you stay away from this one.

Graphics: The graphics in this game are breathtaking. Even on Xbox 360, and I cant wait to see them on next-gen. If i compare it to AC2 (my favorite AC game) they are amazing, but however, if you played AC3, there really isn't that much new in the graphics department, as they were extremely detailed.

Storyline: Reasonably predictable overall, but it's always interesting to learn of Edwards struggles throughout his life. The new Abstergo modern day events that have taken over from Desmond are just about perfect - I personally find them interesting, but they never take you out of the game for too long!

Multiplayer: Not a big multiplayer fan on the AC games, so havent played it yet.

Conclusion: I would give this game an 9/10. Its an excellent game, and any die-hard fans of Assassins Creed will love it. Even if you simply enjoy playing them once in a while, I suggest you pick this one up. It has great gameplay, a decent storyline, and kept me glued to my TV for 4 hours straight when i got it today.

Ignore the other 'supposed diehard fans of AC' and look at it this way. If you enjoyed other Assassins Creed games (here I mostly mean the Ezio era, as many agree AC3 was a step back) and you liked the naval parts of AC3 then you will enjoy this one. If you don't like the Naval Battles, or the Assassins Creed format in General, stay away from this one.

Overall I would highly recommend it, Great game!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Absolutely brilliant. It restored my faith in the franchise, which had been going downhill, particularly with 3. The characters are brilliant and Edwards progression as a character is interesting enough to keep you engaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Game!, 29 Nov 2013
5 Stars 100%!
Amazing game, a real high point in the series.
Even if you don't like previous Assassin's Creed games this is a very different experience while keeping old hardcore fans very happy.

I would recommend to everyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good., 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I'll admit, I wasn't too keen on AC3. In fact, I ended up trading it in soon after I had bought it. So when I heard that ACIV was going to be about pirates, I lost all faith in Ubisoft.
Being a loyal fan from the very first game, I decided to give this game a go and try it. It restored my faith in Ubisoft, I have to say.
The story wasn't as strong as I would've liked and the modern day Abstergo parts were strange to get used to, but all in all, the characters were memorable and the locations were beautiful. Not to mention the crisp and clear blue sea you spent most of the game travelling on.
Though a lot of the missions got repetitive i.e. eavesdrop ones, there was a lovely blend of stealth and fun which I didn't expect to see.

I would definitely recommend this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuing Greatness, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Assassins Creed is my favourite game series of all time and AC4 feels like a crowning achievement in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game 5 stars, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Assassins creed black flag is the best ac to date! It a huge amount better than ac 3 which was a bit of a dissapointment. The open world is huge and there is so much to do and explore. The naval battles are amazing and have been greatly improved from ac 3. The stealth is also very good and there are plenty of weapons to kill people with! Ignore the negative views there just looking back at ac 3 and using that to go against this one. If you are a fan of the ezio games then you will love this one! Plus it has staggering graphics and detail!

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed is back on form., 29 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Only a short way through it but so far it makes me feel like this could be the best assassin's game yet, Damn Edward is so awesome in this game, which is made better by how the feeling of the game ushers back to AC2, which in my opinion was the best AC to date, thank god this game makes up for the dullness of Connor in AC3. Assassination contracts are back and are still fun as hell and god, there is so much to explore, I mean I have only found a small fraction of the map so far but it is great fun using the Jackdaw to find new places.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Great game brought for my boyfriend. He loves it and so do I, the story line is amazing and has similarities and differences to the other AC's but has great twists! It even has a review/feedback to the creator which hopefully means the next AC will be just as awesome. The service and delivery was good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A feast, 12 April 2014
D. Hall (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
First off, I'm a huge fan of the series, and admittedly the previous title AC3 was a bit slow to start, flaky, and lacking in levity... but in it's ambition to be Red Dead with assassins and naval warfare tacked on for good measure, it did 'pioneer' in a sense, some of the features of 'Black Flag' that make this latest game so...

...don't know how to put this. I'll just have to say it...

AC Black Flag is possibly the best game ever. It has all of the things that made the earlier AC games so good. Then it's got this pirating thing which, for me, is the whole game. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. Graphically it is truly awesome, jaw dropping.

Every now and again I can deviate from this FEAST of gung ho buccaneering, and do a bit of 'classic' AC... sneak about, kill things, collect stuff... then it's back out to sea. At this rate I could still be playing this in a few months time and miss summer entirely.

The only downside is the usual jarring bump when a 'real world' interlude occurs... but this only serves as contrast by which to measure how brilliant this game is.

I'm out of superlatives now. Just buy it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassins Ahoy!, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
AC4 is in my opinion a great continuation of the original AC game, cleverly mixing 'present day' story with an in-game simulation of some point in history. AC4's novel concept provides the player with the opportunity to take to the seas and experience the world of privateers and pirates, making this one of the first games that I've seen, that lets the player engage in ship to ship combat, including boarding actions, managing crew and even hunting of marine wildlife.

The original AC game play still exists, including many stealth and free running aspects, even the somewhat annoying need to deal with repetitve tasks of finding chests, maps and other tokens, some of which lead to unlocking of some helpful armour and power ups for your ship.

Another point that adds another dimension to the traditional RPG style, of person to person interaction (I'm thinking of the old Monkey Island games involving the world of pirates), allows the player to engage in fleet planning, making it a nice extension of the team strategy mechanic introduced in the AC: Brotherhood game, where the lead hero commands a gang of assassins and assigns them to different missions, taking into account mission difficulty and risk to the deployed assassin. AC4 repeats this mechanic but with ships that have been boarded and captured by the player. The more you invest in this endeavour, the more powerful a fleet you can deploy and the more rewards can be acquired in the background. whilst the main game goes on.

Along with some epic music that needs to be played on at least stereo sound to be appreciated, in my view this is one of the better entries in the AC saga. Good effort.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
16.35