5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Sublime...
This game can be summed up in two words 'simply sublime'. It is immense and I'd go as far as saying it's the best Assassin's Creed game I've played (I've played them all).

Published 8 months ago by James

3.0 out of 5 stars A good sea experience but...
+ = the story, the grafic, the underwater levels and the sea battles are good. I like the multyplayer in this AC.
- =the bug are the same of AC III and also the combat and movement system need to be improved. The mini island are always pretty the same.
Published 8 months ago by Cinzia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Sublime..., 28 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)

So what is so great about AC IV? You play as a Pirate Edward Kenway who is the best protagonist in the AC franchise so far. He may not have the charm of Ezio or the charisma of Haytham, but he is as hard as nails and really captures the true essence of a Pirate.

The setting is the Caribbean (surprise, surprise) and it is a fabulous setting! Bright, crisp surroundings with a real vibrancy and the attention to detail makes the setting stand out far above any of the other settings used in the previous AC games. The game seems to be polished to a high standard with no bugs or glitches presenting themselves in the campaign mode. The combat is fun, albeit a tad easy and Edward's reaction times are very accurate. Ubisoft allows you to rate the missions after completion and I have yet to give any mission below three stars, most missions have seen me score them a perfect score because they are so much fun. Sailing around in the Jackdaw makes this game stand out for me, the naval combat, the plundering of ships, the search for treasure makes this AC game a must have game for any fan of the franchise, even those suffering from fatigue after the missed opportunity that was AC III.

Despite this game being sublime with Ubisoft deserving univeral praise, the game isn't without its flaws.

Far Cry 3's hunting for 'materials' to make weapon holsters and pouches is used in AC IV and I just don't like it. I enjoy plundering ships, but I can't say I enjoy running around hunting animals, I've found it to be quite tedious, I'm sure many people will like it, but I don't.

The multiplayer doesn't work for me, I have tried to access it a few times and the servers have been unavailable, it's not a big issue as I seldom play AC multiplayer, but it would be nice to be able to access it should I have the urge to play online in the future.

All in all AC IV is a very, very good game, I said after playing AC III that I was finished with this franchise as I felt it was oversaturated and was running out of ideas, but I'm glad I changed my mind and bought AC IV because otherwise I would be missing out on one of the best games available on the Wii U.

This is 5* game that deserves to be apart of your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Assassin's Creed game to date, 23 Nov 2013
A Filipowski (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Assassin's Creed IV is the best in the series yet. Gorgeous graphics, nice controls, fun multiplayer... this is by far the most enjoyable game I have played in a long time. Edward Kenway is such a likeable character and you will really enjoy this. The gamepad shows the map and you can do Off-TV Play on it as well. Perfect and a must-buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ac4 + Wii U = Astounding, 6 Jun 2014
Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag is beautiful to look at and an amazing open world game that anyone should play (aslong as you can get past the future parts of the game). Exploration is incredible, I'm 40 hours in the game and still haven't completed it because there's so much to do. I'm a big fan of the series and would easily say it's one of the best or could be the best to some people. (I still love Ac2)

I had a choice to get it for ps3 or wii u and I just thought what the heck and got it for the wii u and I am deffinately not disappointed. It looks incredible and the gamepad works well with the game displaying a map without pausing which helps a lot in certain situations.

What are you waiting for? Just buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adventure, 10 Dec 2013
This game combines the same great gameplay from the previous iterations and improves the sailing mechanics - it's a great experience. The characters are engaging and interesting but the story is a bit weaker than in the previous games. However, it's more lightheated in comparison to ACIII thanks to the protagonist who is much more likeable than Connor.
There is a great variety of missions as well as some new additions - for instance diving sections, harpooning, etc. There is tons of content in the game. The main story takes about 15-20 hours to complete while the side missions and collebtibles will take another 40-50 hours depending on your abilities. Also there's the online part of the game which will also keep you busy.
The graphics are good and I haven't experienced any slow-downs. The only con in this area is that the shadows seem unifnished, especially if you compare them with the shadow effects in Splinter Cell Blacklist.
The voice acting is top-notch. The music complements the game perfectly and the sounds effects are great as well.
To sum up, it's a great addition to the Wii U's growing library.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have title, 26 July 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Beautiful game, packed with stuff to do, amazing scenario, and solid framerate, with likeable characters and a really interesting plot. The Wii U gamepad is implemented in a way that makes me favor this version even over the pc one: it's nothing major, but having the interface on the second screen really allows the game to show its beauty on the tv, without that invasive interface breaking the immersion. It also supports off-tv play, which is a blessing. It doesn't use at its best the Wii U hardware, some supported effects were left out, so I can't give 5 stars, but the game itself is really worth buying, being a vast improvement over the third chapter and a must have for every Wii U owner. I just regret that Ubisoft didn't put more effort in porting the game on the Nintendo system. Still the best vereion among the 360 and ps3 versions if you ask me, and not that distant from the "next" gen systems to regret anything. If you own a Wii U there's really no reason to play AC4 on another system, apart from the DLCs, which I'm not interested in by the way.

4.0 out of 5 stars a great game and a great port, 12 July 2014
An fantastic reimaging of the franchise, sailing is a lot of fun and is integrated seamlessly. The Wii U version lacks DLC but as only one of the many packs was actual new content and that removed sailing it isn't a massive loss.

The Wii U gamepad hosting the map makes the large oceans far easier to navigate and save you from having to open menus to plot your course

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Game, Good Buy , Go For it., 6 July 2014
Tons of fun , the utilization of the game pad on this game is us full , I've played older parts of the series on my PS3 , playing this one on the wii u was a great experience.
Cool Game
Good Buy
Go For it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game but where is the pirate hat, 30 May 2014
The missions are excellent and often quite long (which is a good thing). I would still like it to be a bit more difficult but that is a gripe with the whole series.

The graphics are excellent. I could quite happily sail about round the sea listening to my pesky, flea ridden sailors even without the missions.

I just wish they had chucked in a few pirate hats, a parrot and a wooden leg or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best assassin's creed game, 9 Jan 2014
This takes the great action adventure series into the full scale epic RPG genre. Well over 70 hours of gameplay, hardly any of which is tedious or boring, this is the definitive assassin's creed game

5.0 out of 5 stars Awrghhhhhhsome!, 6 Jan 2014
I'll keep it short:

Graphics - 9/10
Story/Setting - 10/10
Music - 11/10 (thanks to our beloved shanties)
Longentivity - 10/10

As a bonus - OFF TV play and MAP on your gamepad when you play on TV...
The best in the series!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Nintendo Wii U)
16.99