5.0 out of 5 stars *****Excellent *****

2.0 out of 5 stars Started off well, but then iOS7
Published 20 months ago by FlamingBagel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars *****Excellent *****, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: PowerSkin Shockproof 1500mAh Battery Case Cover with Lightning Connector for iPhone 5 - MFI Apple Approved and Compatible with iOS8 / 7 - Black (Accessory)
Arrived xmas eve gift wrapped with message although was told 27th, My Dad a total tech head and travels the world always complaining about Smartphone battery life loves it, hard to get someone a gift a xmas who has everything,As for item itself every iPhone should have one, Well made, fits very well. 1500 power is ideal for weight consideration of device, can't fault it and neither can father who is a hard man to please, Big Thanks & Merry Xmas, Ac

2.0 out of 5 stars Started off well, but then iOS7, 4 Dec. 2013
When I first got the Powerskin it was fantastic. When Apple upgraded to iOS7 the problems started. It now only works intermittently, and a lot of the time seems to be drawing power from the phone instead of charging it. Tech Support is an arduous process delivered through a series of forms that are not iPhone-friendly. The company doesn't seem to be geared to product failure, so I can only assume I have a bad unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars 70% Charge, 5 Aug. 2013
Alison "Kindle Allie" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is nice battery case with a pleasing 'soft touch' finish to it and an easy to use functionality. The 1500mAh capacity allows for approximately a 70% charge (my iPhone 5 would get to 69% off an original 1% charge). It's relatively lightweight and although it does add to the bulk of the phone, it didn't make for a cumbersome duo. It's a shame that it needs a micro USB cable to charge the case, a lightening connector would have been a lot tidier and required no more cables to carry around or keep track of.

I find this case very useful as a boost when my phone is running low. It's not too heavy or bulky to carry in my bag and the 70% charge gives more than enough to get that boost when I'm out and about and away from charging sources. A day's heavy use is covered by a fully charged iPhone and a fully charged PowerSkin.

A good package that would only be bettered by a lightening connector and slightly better capacity (although I'm not convinced I'd really want the extra volume or weight that would be required for a bigger battery capacity).

3.0 out of 5 stars Slight Design Flaws Ruin Great Idea, 28 July 2013
A. Marczak "mazzarak" (Mordor) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good Things - Good extra charge. Easy to connect the charger.
Bad Things - Cover doesn't completely protect phone. Doubles width of the phone.

I expect that there are better options available. The main issue for me is the fact that the cover doesn't protect the phone properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 22 April 2013
M. Barrett (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
Was waiting for the Mophie Helium to be available but this was available first and frankly I'm glad. Really like the silicon case, charge is as good as the Mophie and gets me through the day, very straightforward and easy to use and looks great. Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Apple kill these firms. There are algorithms that talk ..., 23 Jan. 2015
Apple kill these firms. There are algorithms that talk between the phone and the battery charger. Unless the charge unit is endorsed by apple you will find that it will suddenly stop working after a software update.
Power skin is the only one that I have found that is Apple endorsed- a higher powered version from a different firm was in the bin after 2 days because Apple changed their algorithms. Powerskin is less powerful and more expensive than other charge units, but they have a seriously shirt shelf life- beware the next software update

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost there... Has flaws though., 1 Aug. 2013
Contributor77 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On the description of the item it seems better than what you actually get, my iPhone 5 almost fit snuggly but the top left hand side was not quite in the rubber seal as the rest seemed to fit - wouldn't have been too bad but my black iPhone has seen a little wearing of the thin galvanised finish so you can clearly see the silver colour of the aluminium next to the seal.

All of the button still work well, although getting to the mute slider is a little awkward. My main gripe is the fact that it will only charge your phone by 60-70% from being dead and the fact you can only charge it via Micro USB cable! Why could this not have been powered by both Micro USB and Lightening connector, if I go abroad and want to charge it I now need to take more cables than just my standard iPhone lightening cable!

It's light in weight and serves a purpose but you can't put your phone in when you don't need to charge as my phone got hot constantly be charged when not required, a switch on the case to state Charge Now would be far better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough case well made, 25 July 2013
Loved-IT (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The case is extremely well made from good quality silicone. It fits the iphone 5 really well, and the cutouts are perfect for the different buttons. Charging is a breeze, just connect to a usb adapter. LED lights show how much charge is left. Inserting the iphone is easily done, and a single button switches the charging on and off. Gives a decent amount of charge - approx 60-70%. Of course the downside is it adds weight and some bulk to the phone but the tradeoff is worth it in my opinion, especially for heavy users.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit iPhone 5 very well, 24 July 2013
FLB (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this because I always seem to run out of power when I most need it on my iPhone. The case came well packaged with a USB charging lead same as the Blackberry curve and a short lead to extend the headphone jack through the charger case.

A few too many things to forget and lose for my liking the headphone extender should be integral to the unit, so I don't have to put it in my pocket or have it permanently dangling from the phone. The biggest criticism though and hence the three stars is the fit, the unit I have does not fit very well, it seems to be warped and pulls away from the top left of the phone by a couple of mm, not a biggy but annoying.

When the case is placed on charge for some reason the iPhone buzzes constantly, like it does when first placed on charge.
Not my cup of tea, sorry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for an emergency top up, 29 Aug. 2013
leftfooter "leftfooter" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So basically this is an extra battery for your iPhone if you need to keep it going that extra bit longer. I would not have it on all the time, but have found it useful on a recent holiday.
To charge the battery you connect via mini USB ( not lightning connector ). This means you need to carry an extra cable as well as you iPhone one. Fully charging takes a long time which means it is best done overnight.
The skin fits snugly on the iPhone and a small extension is provided in case the extra thickness of the skin prevents a good headphone connection. Of course there is no screen protection so you need a separate film for the front if you want that additional reassurance.
When your iPhone gets low on charge you can request juice from the skin. My experience is that you get about a 40% charge from the skin before it runs out.
Charging is quite speedy but during the process the skin gets rather hot, to the point where it becomes quite uncomfortable to hold certainly again your ear! Also as iPhones tend not to like being very hot, it became my habit to remove the phone from the skin after charging.
In fact, after a while my habit was to have the skin in my rucksack and my normal cover on the phone. When low I would swap to the skin for a quick charge then put the phone back in its normal cover again.
This is my first battery skin so I cannot compare to any other model/brand. All I can say it that this skin works for a boost of charge, is relatively sleek to carry (even if not kept on the phone permanently) and does the job I expected of it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›