5.0 out of 5 stars *****Excellent *****

2.0 out of 5 stars Started off well, but then iOS7
Published 15 months ago by FlamingBagel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars *****Excellent *****, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: PowerSkin Shockproof 1500mAh Battery Case Cover with Lightning Connector for iPhone 5 - MFI Apple Approved and Compatible with iOS8 / 7 - Black (Accessory)
Arrived xmas eve gift wrapped with message although was told 27th, My Dad a total tech head and travels the world always complaining about Smartphone battery life loves it, hard to get someone a gift a xmas who has everything,As for item itself every iPhone should have one, Well made, fits very well. 1500 power is ideal for weight consideration of device, can't fault it and neither can father who is a hard man to please, Big Thanks & Merry Xmas, Ac

2.0 out of 5 stars Started off well, but then iOS7, 4 Dec. 2013
When I first got the Powerskin it was fantastic. When Apple upgraded to iOS7 the problems started. It now only works intermittently, and a lot of the time seems to be drawing power from the phone instead of charging it. Tech Support is an arduous process delivered through a series of forms that are not iPhone-friendly. The company doesn't seem to be geared to product failure, so I can only assume I have a bad unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 22 April 2013
M. Barrett (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
Was waiting for the Mophie Helium to be available but this was available first and frankly I'm glad. Really like the silicon case, charge is as good as the Mophie and gets me through the day, very straightforward and easy to use and looks great. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes your phone charge up, 6 Aug. 2013
Wayne Redhart "@wayneredhart on Twitter!" (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Useful as all the features on today's smartphones are, it's all too common for a handset to go as dead as a dildo, before the day is even up. In fact, it's no exaggeration to say that the battery life of a phone is often even shorter than the duration which I typically last in bed (ie. less than 8 hours, ladies ;-) ). Anyway, as a case it's not perfect. I'd rather like one of these cases (although sadly there's not yet one on sale for the latest iPhone 5). What makes it really great is that you get flashed at by some tits, whenever you take it out of your pocket. On this issue, all too many alternative iPhone cases tend to fall radically short of the mark. However, in the meantime, my son Horace bought me this one for a Birthday present- which fits the bill almost as closely, as I'm sure you'll agree. Regardless, once the battery is running low, switching over is a relatively painless business and it's useful not to have any cables to connect up. I'm not really sure what else you can say, to be honest. I was originally thinking about concluding with an anecdote about the time Doreen broke wind in a public place with quite such intense force that a police officer was summoned to investigate. Apparently a member of the public had dialled 999, in order to report a suspected terrorist incident- and they had no choice but to send out an armed response unit, just in case. However, try as I might, each and any attempt I made to link the story in to this particular product always seemed too tenuous- even by my low standards of scrutiny! So, instead of killing space by recounting a completely irrelevant tale, I'll instead end with a tediously on-topic and humorless statement, to say that this product does what it's supposed to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars 70% Charge, 5 Aug. 2013
Alison "Kindle Allie" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is nice battery case with a pleasing 'soft touch' finish to it and an easy to use functionality. The 1500mAh capacity allows for approximately a 70% charge (my iPhone 5 would get to 69% off an original 1% charge). It's relatively lightweight and although it does add to the bulk of the phone, it didn't make for a cumbersome duo. It's a shame that it needs a micro USB cable to charge the case, a lightening connector would have been a lot tidier and required no more cables to carry around or keep track of.

I find this case very useful as a boost when my phone is running low. It's not too heavy or bulky to carry in my bag and the 70% charge gives more than enough to get that boost when I'm out and about and away from charging sources. A day's heavy use is covered by a fully charged iPhone and a fully charged PowerSkin.

A good package that would only be bettered by a lightening connector and slightly better capacity (although I'm not convinced I'd really want the extra volume or weight that would be required for a bigger battery capacity).

3.0 out of 5 stars Slight Design Flaws Ruin Great Idea, 28 July 2013
A. Marczak "mazzarak" (Mordor) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good Things - Good extra charge. Easy to connect the charger.
Bad Things - Cover doesn't completely protect phone. Doubles width of the phone.

I expect that there are better options available. The main issue for me is the fact that the cover doesn't protect the phone properly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Apple kill these firms. There are algorithms that talk ..., 23 Jan. 2015
Apple kill these firms. There are algorithms that talk between the phone and the battery charger. Unless the charge unit is endorsed by apple you will find that it will suddenly stop working after a software update.
Power skin is the only one that I have found that is Apple endorsed- a higher powered version from a different firm was in the bin after 2 days because Apple changed their algorithms. Powerskin is less powerful and more expensive than other charge units, but they have a seriously shirt shelf life- beware the next software update

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost there... Has flaws though., 1 Aug. 2013
Contributor77 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On the description of the item it seems better than what you actually get, my iPhone 5 almost fit snuggly but the top left hand side was not quite in the rubber seal as the rest seemed to fit - wouldn't have been too bad but my black iPhone has seen a little wearing of the thin galvanised finish so you can clearly see the silver colour of the aluminium next to the seal.

All of the button still work well, although getting to the mute slider is a little awkward. My main gripe is the fact that it will only charge your phone by 60-70% from being dead and the fact you can only charge it via Micro USB cable! Why could this not have been powered by both Micro USB and Lightening connector, if I go abroad and want to charge it I now need to take more cables than just my standard iPhone lightening cable!

It's light in weight and serves a purpose but you can't put your phone in when you don't need to charge as my phone got hot constantly be charged when not required, a switch on the case to state Charge Now would be far better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit iPhone 5 very well, 24 July 2013
FLB (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this because I always seem to run out of power when I most need it on my iPhone. The case came well packaged with a USB charging lead same as the Blackberry curve and a short lead to extend the headphone jack through the charger case.

A few too many things to forget and lose for my liking the headphone extender should be integral to the unit, so I don't have to put it in my pocket or have it permanently dangling from the phone. The biggest criticism though and hence the three stars is the fit, the unit I have does not fit very well, it seems to be warped and pulls away from the top left of the phone by a couple of mm, not a biggy but annoying.

When the case is placed on charge for some reason the iPhone buzzes constantly, like it does when first placed on charge.
Not my cup of tea, sorry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Capacity, 27 Jun. 2014
The capacity is only about 70 pct of a full I-phone load. Loading is intermittent. You have to reload every 8-12 pct.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›