TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 January 2015
These are exactly the same as the glasses that come with the original Samsung TV.
Given that, they are a perfect match and you're getting exactly what you're expecting.

I've not compared them to other makes, but the design isn't perfect though.

The fixed arms are an irritation, as it makes storage awkward. You can't easily disassemble them either as they are 'snap-in' items.
They sit quite a way off your face, possibly to accommodate spectacle wearers, which isn't a problem per-se, but does feel 'wrong' if you're expecting them to be a bit like sunglasses. Which they are to a degree.

The battery life isn't fabulous either. Watch a couple of films and you can lose what looks like 20-30% from the battery icon on the screen. This may be mis-information from the glasses and I've not run them down to test just how long they last though.

Overall they do the job perfectly, and at this price there's no reason not to have an extra pair.
44 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2014
I purchased these after reading a review that they work with a Sony active 3D set. I can confirm that they work fine with my KDL-50W829B (but cannot speak for other models). They are much cheaper at about £21.50 for two pairs than £50 for one pair made by Sony. They are not so heavy on the nose bridge and fine if like me you wear specs. Also available in Argos. Save your money with these, makes family viewing in 3D much more affordable.
on 1 January 2014
Operation of these active 3D glasses is simple, pair with the TV and they sync with the 3D display very quickly. I found them to be stable, very light for active glasses which produce an effective 3D display. switching on the glasses requires one push of the switch on the top of the glasses, you see the led light green for a short period of time, if not the glasses need re-pairing which requires the switch to be held down close to the TV until the TV reports that pairing is complete, the TV display also reports the condition of the 3D glasses battery. To switch the glasses off, which is recommended to preserve battery life requires one push of the switch the led lights up red for a short period of time. The glasses stems don't fold and give the impression of being very flimsy. For me one major draw-back is light bleeding from the sides of the glasses, wider stems would have prevented this, so it's advisable to watch 3D content in a darkened room.
on 25 July 2015
These glasses work fine, but I strongly suggest buying some superglue at the same time! Both pairs I bought fell apart after delicate use with a week! The arms, although tight to locate as new, just suddenly work loose! A drop of superglue and they are now fine!
The batteries supplied are not fully charged have consequently don't last too long, but new cheap replacements are fine!
To wear, these are pretty light compared with the more expensive rechargeable models and fit over normal glasses well!
Basically, a good buy, but include superglue and spare batteries, and you'll be laughing! :-)
on 15 September 2013
Bought these for use with my LG PH660V plasma, and can confirm they work perfectly and are a lot cheaper than the LG version. Excellent value.
44 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2016
Like most people, when we got a 3D TV we were really excited and we imagined that from then on, almost everything we watched would be in amazing 3D. However, our (then) new (Panasonic Plasma - which shows how long ago we bought these glasses) TV didn't actually come with any glasses so we were itching to get some to revel in this amazing technology.

Official Panasonic glasses were very expensive indeed at the time, in fact ridiculously so. I did buy one pair that I thought I'd got a good deal on from an auction site (secondhand), but I needed two more pairs so we could all enjoy 3D together. The reviews on here led me to these.

These glasses are really excellent. Unlike my official Panasonic ones which were rechargeable - these use a coin type battery. While at first glance you might be tempted to think that rechargeable would be better as it's "free" to charge - they are actually a pain because I used to often find that when I wanted to use them, the charge in the glasses was dead. At least with battery powered glasses, you have a better idea of where you are up to and the batteries have, in my experience, lasted for AGES - literally years. These are also absolutely fine when worn over glasses and because they are so lightweight, you barely notice any additional bulk. I have read complaints about the arms breaking but I haven't had an issue with this and they seem to have been perfectly fine on a variety of different sized heads.

Both pairs were easy to set up (by inserting the battery - which was included) and they are very lightweight and therefore extremely comfortable. The 3D effect is absolutely as good as the official Panasonic ones as well.

The only issue with these is that we have found the 3D to be of very limited appeal due to few movies really taking full advantage of the technology and with 4K televisions now being the normal, the idea of having 3D is increasingly unlikely to ever become mainstream as the idea is that the ever increasing resolution will make everything seem like 3D by default. I do have a few 3D movies and video files and these do work really well in some cases, but the fact is that 3D hasn't really taken off in a way that we were led to believe it would 3 or 4 years ago (back when there the BBC did a 3D broadcast of Wimbledon for example). That's a shame because personally, I really like the technology.

However, if you need 3D active shutter glasses and these are compatible with your TV then I would absolutely recommend them. Just over £10 per pair is great value, and at this price, it's worth picking up a few pairs even if you only use them once every few months.
on 9 June 2013
Dont believe what they tell you in the shops, these glasses work perfectly well with Samsung 2013 3D tvs and are a third of the cost !
on 9 April 2014
No great - look and feel very cheap compared to set that came with TV - feels like they're going to break every time you wear them
on 13 October 2015
These official Samsung glasses work well, BUT the arms that hold the glasses on your ears have a very weak joint where they are connected to the eye piece. I have four pairs of these and only use them rarely as we only a have a few 3D films, yet in less than a year three of them have broken at this joint and can no longer be used. Very disappointing design quality for such an expensive item from Samsung. If they were hinged (like regular glasses) they would endure much better.
on 5 November 2015
I have had these glasses for less than a week and already both glasses side ear pieces have broken off whilst on our heads! We have normal sized heads.. Please can the seller contact me and i will change my feedback rating. I'm now unable to watch my 3d films. Look at all of thw other reviews who have said theirs have also broken. They are a fraud. That's why they're so cheap!
review image