on 15 September 2013
Bought these for use with my LG PH660V plasma, and can confirm they work perfectly and are a lot cheaper than the LG version. Excellent value.
44 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2013
I got these type of glasses with my latest tv purchase and was very pleased with them straight away.
Luckily as I already knew what type I wanted it meant no looking around trying to find the best ones that work with my tv.
These glasses are very light as the battery is on the front above the nose bridge and I've worn these quite a lot without any discomfort. They sync up to the tv very easily with the press of the little button on the front and turn off when 3d is turned off so no having to turn each one off individually. My son has worn them and he doesn't have any issues with them either.
The price on amazon is the cheapest around the whole www for this type and my friends who also have 3d tells say they think that these are better then the rechargeable ones they have. The battery's really do seem to last along time and the battery type needed can be bought for a very cheap price.
I prefer having these battery type ones compared to having to recharge each pair.
on 27 January 2016
They work OK I guess... but 3D on your telly isn't going to happen... it's just not good enough and I don't like it... But then again I don't like seeing 3D films at the cinema, especially if it's had a 3D process applied to it after filming (which is most of them)

I also hate the way 3D is being rammed down our throats as an excuse to charge more and make out the format is popular... When there is NO IMAX release of big films in a 2D format, the studios are conning you into thinking 3D is popular... When there is a 2D alternative... guess which one sells more tickets... Hint... it's not the 3D version.

Converting 2D into 3D is awful and it seems the TV (Samsung Series 6 LED (2014mondel) cannot get the overlay right no matter how much you try to adjust it... which leaves the 3D image with a afterimage you can see even when using the glasses... this is also present on proper 3D material and cannot be adjusted out.

Also... the batteries don't last very long at all. It's like they need changing after every 2 films... or about 4hrs of use.

I'll be honest... the only reason I bought them was because they were on sale at half price and I had some left over money on a gift card... I was curious and wanted to see if 3D TV was any good... It's not... Leave it for movies that are filmed in 3D for those who do like it... I find most 3D movies are really badly done due to the process being applied afterwards. The only movies that seem to use the format well are animated ones.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 February 2016
Very good. Made 3D movies nicer to watch than other 3D glasses we have.

Used with Sony KDL-43W807 TV with very good effect but the picture tends to lose a little of its brightness hence 4 and not 5 stars.
Can wear them comfortably together with my main glasses and they seem to connect and link (by Bluetooth) to the TV much quicker than another set from another brand.
on 13 October 2015
These official Samsung glasses work well, BUT the arms that hold the glasses on your ears have a very weak joint where they are connected to the eye piece. I have four pairs of these and only use them rarely as we only a have a few 3D films, yet in less than a year three of them have broken at this joint and can no longer be used. Very disappointing design quality for such an expensive item from Samsung. If they were hinged (like regular glasses) they would endure much better.
on 1 April 2016
Bought the first pair to go with my Sony Bravia 3d android t.v. No problems with the glasses. Paired and worked really well. A much more affordable alternative to the Sony glasses that retail for £60 plus. Bought a second pair to cater for the unlikely event that my whole family will be in the same place at the same time and want to watch a 3d movie. Unfortunately the second set must be older stock and both included batteries were flat. Been scouring the shops for cr2025 batteries and everywhere seems to be out of stock at the moment. Swapped the batterie's for the ones supplied with my first set and all paired ok and worked fine. Issue resolved via prompt response from Amazon customer service £5 credit that will enable me to buy a pack of new batteries.

Update after little to no use. One of the battery cover hinges has broken. No possible way of repairing as the plastic hinge parts are so tiny. Now held together with electrical tape.
on 17 January 2016
These work very well with the following Sony TV
Sony KDL-50W805C Smart 3D 50-inch Full HD TV (Android TV, X-Reality Pro, Motionflow XR 800 Hz, Wi-Fi and NFC), 2015 Model [Energy Class A+]
on 26 May 2016
Brilliant, it was a choice of buying generic Active 3D glasses or these and decided to go for a brand name. Yes, the arms are a bit 'delicate' but probably the same on most 3D glasses, just take a bit of care putting them on & off and I use an old shoe box to store 4 pairs (use foam or bubble wrap for padding) and I always remove the batteries for when not in use.
Any hassle? Nope, just paired them up with my Sony 50" (807C)...just in case, you know to pair them within 10cm of the TV? and a pop-up message appears to confirm connection and after that, no problems watching films such as Avatar (has to be the first film and still fantastic). The only downside is that the picture is very very slightly darkened (just minimal), but if you're watching a film with no room lights on (or dimmed down as recommended) then no problems. As of writing this, (although there is a setting on the Sony 3D menu where you can adjust the quality of picture & depth, and I've done this) but I didn't consider adjusting the contrast, brightness or whatever settings on the TV...but as said, it didn't ruin the experience so no biggie. They are light and fitted over my ordinary glasses OK.
I read some reviews (here and online) about the glasses giving battery strength and such, and they probably do on Samsung TV's but my glasses are not used that much (well, how many times do you watch 3D films) and so, I'm sure the battery will last a wee while yet. If, or when, I get to that stage, then it's just a matter of popping a new battery in then coming back here to add to this review.

Wrapping up, I had no difficulty pairing these to my Sony Active 3D TV but just handle the glasses with care. Yes, the design could have been better for a stronger frame / arms but maybe they were designed to be light and for those people that wear everyday glasses. They work, end off.
on 19 November 2015
Easy to set up. If I can do it then really anyone can. Work OK with my Samsung Smart TV. Watched 3D film no problems. Dropped 1 star due to them being very delicate. Need handling with care. Can see them breaking very easily. Apart from that they are good.
on 12 September 2013
These are the glasses I need for my new Samsung TV (UE40ES6710) They are quite nifty but not very practical. They don't fold away so you can't put them in a small box thus they sit under the TV collecting dust. The next problem is that they are very fragile and one of ours was dropped and broke at the point where the arm meets the frame and I don't think they can be repaired. Thus I have had to buy this second pair. Because in the future I expect they won't be available. Good point they do fit over regular glasses. Therefore only three Stars!
55 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse