4.0 out of 5 stars Perform without problems
Published 13 months ago by TShrimp

Published 16 months ago by Bryan Clarke

4.0 out of 5 stars Perform without problems, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Samsung SSG-51002 Battery Operated 3D Active Glasses (Pack of 2) (New for 2013) (Accessory)
Operation of these active 3D glasses is simple, pair with the TV and they sync with the 3D display very quickly. I found them to be stable, very light for active glasses which produce an effective 3D display. switching on the glasses requires one push of the switch on the top of the glasses, you see the led light green for a short period of time, if not the glasses need re-pairing which requires the switch to be held down close to the TV until the TV reports that pairing is complete, the TV display also reports the condition of the 3D glasses battery. To switch the glasses off, which is recommended to preserve battery life requires one push of the switch the led lights up red for a short period of time. The glasses stems don't fold and give the impression of being very flimsy. For me one major draw-back is light bleeding from the sides of the glasses, wider stems would have prevented this, so it's advisable to watch 3D content in a darkened room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, perfect for a LG plasma, 15 Sept. 2013
D. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought these for use with my LG PH660V plasma, and can confirm they work perfectly and are a lot cheaper than the LG version. Excellent value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Woot. All the 3D!, 16 Dec. 2013
So I just got a new samsung 3D tv and they didn't include any glasses! (but I knew that) So I ordered 2 of these (4 pairs total) and a pack of batteries (like 18 batteries). The batteries last surprisingly long and the glasses come with a battery each. My pair has 1 week of fairly heavy use and is still showing full battery when I connect it to my tv.

They are quite comfortable, but they can pinch at the bridge of the nose a bit and you get glasses marks

The box comes with a cleaning cloth, you will need it! Fingerprints are like kryptonite to 3D glasses. (All 3D glasses, even/especially cinema ones)

5.0 out of 5 stars 1/4 price of Panasonic glasses and ideal if you already wear glasses, 20 Oct. 2014
I've just bought a Panasonic AX802 and the shop assistant mentioned that I should buy the Samsung glasses as they are compatible. I decided to check on the net and couldn't find a definitive statement. So I took a chance and, yes. they work fine. At £20 for two pairs compared to £40 for a single pair of the Panasonic glasses I'm pretty pleased.

The other nice thing is that the design of the arms on the Samsung mean they fit nicely over the top of my normal glasses and don't feel like they're constantly slipping down my nose. I do wear contact lenses as well and there's no difference in the 2D quality between the Samsung and Panasonic glasses.

My only niggle is that the arms don't fold down to make them easy to store but at 1/4 the price of the Panasonics, who's complaining?

5.0 out of 5 stars £D Active Glasses, 9 Jun. 2013
Dont believe what they tell you in the shops, these glasses work perfectly well with Samsung 2013 3D tvs and are a third of the cost !

3.0 out of 5 stars Not overly impreressed. Samsung SSG-51002 Battery Operated 3D Active Glasses., 12 Sept. 2013
These are the glasses I need for my new Samsung TV (UE40ES6710) They are quite nifty but not very practical. They don't fold away so you can't put them in a small box thus they sit under the TV collecting dust. The next problem is that they are very fragile and one of ours was dropped and broke at the point where the arm meets the frame and I don't think they can be repaired. Thus I have had to buy this second pair. Because in the future I expect they won't be available. Good point they do fit over regular glasses. Therefore only three Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value even if you do not own a Samsung TV!, 19 Dec. 2014
I purchased these after reading a review that they work with a Sony active 3D set. I can confirm that they work fine with my KDL-50W829B (but cannot speak for other models). They are much cheaper at about £21.50 for two pairs than £50 for one pair made by Sony. They are not so heavy on the nose bridge and fine if like me you wear specs. Also available in Argos. Save your money with these, makes family viewing in 3D much more affordable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 18 Feb. 2014
I bought these to view 3D blu rays on a picture from an Epson 3LCD projector. Epson own-brand glasses work out at about six times this price, which seems prohibitive. It was a slight risk because I wasn't sure the glasses would pair with the projector but everything worked fine first time. I can't comment on comparative quality because these are the only glasses I've used, however 3D effects on films we've watched (Avatar, Hugo) look great. I'm delighted with them. - for us they make the difference between trying out 3D and not bothering at all due to the additional cost of glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very light stylish quality 3d glasses, 12 May 2013
I got these type of glasses with my latest tv purchase and was very pleased with them straight away.
Luckily as I already knew what type I wanted it meant no looking around trying to find the best ones that work with my tv.
These glasses are very light as the battery is on the front above the nose bridge and I've worn these quite a lot without any discomfort. They sync up to the tv very easily with the press of the little button on the front and turn off when 3d is turned off so no having to turn each one off individually. My son has worn them and he doesn't have any issues with them either.
The price on amazon is the cheapest around the whole www for this type and my friends who also have 3d tells say they think that these are better then the rechargeable ones they have. The battery's really do seem to last along time and the battery type needed can be bought for a very cheap price.
I prefer having these battery type ones compared to having to recharge each pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more?, 24 April 2014
jingscrivens (a damp dark place) - See all my reviews
I use these with an Epson TW5200 projector as I can get 5 pairs for the same price as one pair of Epsons. I can't compare them with more expensive glasses but for me they work and the effect is probably better than what you experience in the cinema. Not rechargeable but batteries can be bought for 30p and you don't have yet another cable to remember to plug in. They don't fold flat but I keep them in a shoe box so not a problem.