Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 24 September 2013
This is a really good TV especially with the pin sharp picture on Freeview HD or off DVDs. The Freeview HD is astonishingly good and does have the effect of making the other channels look very diffuse by comparison. Easy set-up and we were away in minutes. There is so little frame around the edge of the screen that the TV is far less obtrusive than other examples of this screen size that are just a few years old. We were using a borrowed 42" - this new 39" Panasonic looks far smaller with very little impact on screen size.

Downside is that there is no VGA connector to link it to a laptop - that surprised me; however, you can get a VGA to HDMI converter cable and do it that way.
on 19 April 2014
My Samsung 32" screen had started to fail so time came to buy a new television. From the plethora of tele's on the market I opted for the TXL39B6B after seeing it in a shop. The picture quality is great and the sound is clear and crisp. For £329 it was great value for money when I didn't need the extra SMART or Wifi gizmo's etc. It arrived ahead of the predicted delivery date by one day, was well packaged and unpacked, set-up and working in about 20 minutes without any problems or confusing programming issues.

A great television and I would recommend both TV and supplier.
on 4 June 2014
This was bought as a second TV but it is better quality than our very expensive daily use TV . I am really impressed.
on 19 November 2013
I have just finished a few hours watching some HD channels - Sky Arts HD, Sky News, BT Sport and BBC 1HD and I am pretty pleased with the picture and sound quality from this Panasonic TV although it is clearly not quite in the same league as £1,500 Sony models so manage your expectations, but in HD and on the right Dynamic setting, the picture is excellent and everyone compliments it.

This is a slim TV and not too heavy, assembly is simply fixing the TV with a few screws to the base, although disappointing unlike Samsung and some other LED/LCD TV's this model doesn't swivel to meet your viewing angle.

Physically the TV is very pleasing on the eye with a solid shiny black square base and black surrounding edge. Quality looks good despite the value price.

Anyway, set up was very easy - plugged the HDMI in from the Sky box and the surround sound via the optical cable, Blu Ray DVD via the other HDMI, after switching on the TV went to auto set up and within minutes the channels appeared.

This size TV takes a little getting used to because the HD channels looked very good and were pretty sharp images, the adverts in between are a bit mire grainy than smaller screens and I did notice some words and logos looked slightly pixelated.

I went into the easy settings set up and made various adjustments to sound (which is very good by the way), brightness, contrast, colour etc and managed to tweak the picture to suit my liking. Now, most HD channels are excellent quality with lovely colour and fine detail, while most of the non HD channels look good but some are OK. I must admit that non HD channels are a little more grainy than I expected, but I watch mostly HD anyway.

I watch a lot of sport particularly football and I was concerned of some comments by people saying there was ghosting while watching sport as this TV refresh rate is only 50Hz - Well across the channels I have watched football I saw nothing noticeable which would spoil the viewing experience. Maybe it's me, but watching the sport was as pleasurable as always and I certainly believe other reviewers may have exaggerated the ghosting issue. Yes when the ball spins in football if you study it closely there is a small amount which absolutely does not spoil the viewing. In HD sport channels the picture is fantastic particularly Sky Sports - Tennis, Snooker and Cricket looked lush with colour, depth and clarity.

Playing a Blu Ray DVD the quality was very good and it's quick and easy to choose Cinema Mode and a letterbox screen to get a full cinema like experience when watching in the dark.

So, all in all this feels like a £800 TV and while I have marked it down a little because of overall picture quality, if you want a straight forward LED TV with no Smarty Pants extras like Netflix and apps etc, then for the price this will take some beating.

22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2014
I chose this TV to replace my 50" LG plasma which had gone faulty and was initially impressed. Blu Rays looked good, as did most HD TV channels.

However, it is absolutely terrible for watching football. The pitch appears very cloudy and patchy which made it almost unwatchable. In the end i decided to return it to Amazon for a refund, and to be fair to them they've processed this with no hassle at all.

If you're on a tight budget i guess this TV will do but really i think you have to bare in mind that it is a budget TV and consider spending a bit more... or get a plasma!
on 14 May 2014
This Full HD Panasonic TV produced exactly what I expected, giving a very clear picture and superb sound. i am very satisfied with the set and its pre-delivery date arrival.
on 2 June 2014
This television is ok for people who don;t care about sound quality. The unit is too slim to house anything other than tinny speakers with no bass at all, no matter how many changes to the settings you make. There is also some visual artefacts with the picture with areas of people's faces distorting or blocking/moving causing a reduced viewing experience. The TV seems ok on HD channels and is just fine for football and other fast moving sports/action scenes. Playing blu-rays onto the TV is great. If you choose this unit you WILL NEED a soundbar or surround sound to enjoy it and have all HD channels. The screen does suffer from some 'wrap' at the edges where the picture seems to curve away at the extremities especially during tracking scenes. I have replaced the pedestal with a wider based product. The one supplied is cheap and narrow. The unit is light which could be read one of two ways- cheap build, or easy to wall mount! I think cheap build myself. I bought this unit having smashed the screen of my far superior Panasonic Plasma which was only HD ready but had a better picture, far superior sound and felt like it was built to last.
on 14 December 2013
After reading some of the reviews for this tv I was unsure I was doing the right thing, if you are in the same state of mind I hope this review helps. in short would I buy this tv again... yes absolutely without thinking about it.

The build quality alone suggests it should have been more expensive
Picture clarity is perfect especially when watching HD
For my own personal use the hdmi ports are just perfect
the bezel is quite narrow so again suits my need perfectly .

I would have given this item 5 stars but for one thing, the sound from the tv is awful, very tinny, but if you have a sound bar or surround sound this isn't a big problem.

would I recommend this Panasonic TX-L50B6B 50 inch widescreen full HD1080p led TV to a friend..... already have and they love it too.
on 17 September 2013
Good controls, good clear image and typical Panasonic quality. Built-in free view is great.
Lightweight, thin profile and easy to erect. Well packed.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2014
I love this television the picture is great every thing about it is great well impressed but what can you expect its panasonic