5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice TV
Published 11 months ago by Mr. GM De La Bedoyere

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware reviews on Amazon
Published 9 months ago by V Yendell

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice TV, 24 Sep 2013
Mr. GM De La Bedoyere "Guy de la Bedoyere" (Grantham, Lincolnshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic TX-L39B6B 39-inch Widescreen Freeview Full HD 1080p LED TV (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
This is a really good TV especially with the pin sharp picture on Freeview HD or off DVDs. The Freeview HD is astonishingly good and does have the effect of making the other channels look very diffuse by comparison. Easy set-up and we were away in minutes. There is so little frame around the edge of the screen that the TV is far less obtrusive than other examples of this screen size that are just a few years old. We were using a borrowed 42" - this new 39" Panasonic looks far smaller with very little impact on screen size.

Downside is that there is no VGA connector to link it to a laptop - that surprised me; however, you can get a VGA to HDMI converter cable and do it that way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture and sound for the money!, 19 April 2014
My Samsung 32" screen had started to fail so time came to buy a new television. From the plethora of tele's on the market I opted for the TXL39B6B after seeing it in a shop. The picture quality is great and the sound is clear and crisp. For 329 it was great value for money when I didn't need the extra SMART or Wifi gizmo's etc. It arrived ahead of the predicted delivery date by one day, was well packaged and unpacked, set-up and working in about 20 minutes without any problems or confusing programming issues.

A great television and I would recommend both TV and supplier.

4.0 out of 5 stars EXC. VALUE WITHOUT THE EXTRAS - 50" REVIEW, 19 Nov 2013
R. G. Williams "raywilliams12" (Cheshire, England , UK) - See all my reviews
I have just finished a few hours watching some HD channels - Sky Arts HD, Sky News, BT Sport and BBC 1HD and I am pretty pleased with the picture and sound quality from this Panasonic TV although it is clearly not quite in the same league as 1,500 Sony models so manage your expectations, but in HD and on the right Dynamic setting, the picture is excellent and everyone compliments it.

This is a slim TV and not too heavy, assembly is simply fixing the TV with a few screws to the base, although disappointing unlike Samsung and some other LED/LCD TV's this model doesn't swivel to meet your viewing angle.

Physically the TV is very pleasing on the eye with a solid shiny black square base and black surrounding edge. Quality looks good despite the value price.

Anyway, set up was very easy - plugged the HDMI in from the Sky box and the surround sound via the optical cable, Blu Ray DVD via the other HDMI, after switching on the TV went to auto set up and within minutes the channels appeared.

This size TV takes a little getting used to because the HD channels looked very good and were pretty sharp images, the adverts in between are a bit mire grainy than smaller screens and I did notice some words and logos looked slightly pixelated.

I went into the easy settings set up and made various adjustments to sound (which is very good by the way), brightness, contrast, colour etc and managed to tweak the picture to suit my liking. Now, most HD channels are excellent quality with lovely colour and fine detail, while most of the non HD channels look good but some are OK. I must admit that non HD channels are a little more grainy than I expected, but I watch mostly HD anyway.

Sport

I watch a lot of sport particularly football and I was concerned of some comments by people saying there was ghosting while watching sport as this TV refresh rate is only 50Hz - Well across the channels I have watched football I saw nothing noticeable which would spoil the viewing experience. Maybe it's me, but watching the sport was as pleasurable as always and I certainly believe other reviewers may have exaggerated the ghosting issue. Yes when the ball spins in football if you study it closely there is a small amount which absolutely does not spoil the viewing. In HD sport channels the picture is fantastic particularly Sky Sports - Tennis, Snooker and Cricket looked lush with colour, depth and clarity.

Playing a Blu Ray DVD the quality was very good and it's quick and easy to choose Cinema Mode and a letterbox screen to get a full cinema like experience when watching in the dark.

So, all in all this feels like a 800 TV and while I have marked it down a little because of overall picture quality, if you want a straight forward LED TV with no Smarty Pants extras like Netflix and apps etc, then for the price this will take some beating.

Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars panasonic tx-l42B6B, 10 Dec 2013
Searched for and compared with other similar TV this was in my opinion the best choice excellent picture great sound quality, easily programmed, no regrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Full HD, 14 May 2014
This Full HD Panasonic TV produced exactly what I expected, giving a very clear picture and superb sound. i am very satisfied with the set and its pre-delivery date arrival.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 17 Sep 2013
Good controls, good clear image and typical Panasonic quality. Built-in free view is great.
Lightweight, thin profile and easy to erect. Well packed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware reviews on Amazon, 25 Nov 2013
As another reviewer has stated many of the reviews on Amazon are not specifically for this TV. Overall its a good TV. Large reasonable brightness from the LEDs and reasonable picture. It a good price for a large TV. There is one big flaw. It so refelctive, Virtually a mirror. Even with room lights low at night and the backlight turned right up you can still see your face in minute detail reflected back at you during dark scenes. Saying I did try a more expensive (double the price) samsung TV and it had the same problem. I purchases an anti glare screen protector for the Panasonic TX-L50B6B which has improved the viewing experience no end but am surprised the manufacturers haven't done more to deal with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Telly Treat, 11 Mar 2014
I love this television the picture is great every thing about it is great well impressed but what can you expect its panasonic

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality for the price, 4 Jun 2014
This was bought as a second TV but it is better quality than our very expensive daily use TV . I am really impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value at a brilliant price., 17 Dec 2013
I purchased, or should I say stole this TV at 319.99 from another supplier (sorry Amazon but I just wanted to collect it myself) 3 days ago. From the dozens of reviews that I had read I was expecting, sound that was quiet and tinny, a colourless picture or a poor viewing angle. Well, our TV has none of these problems. If you are a TV purist don't buy a cheap TV and expect a cinema experience in your living room. My wife and I find the sound great, it is better than our old 32" Panasonic that we have had for nearly eight years and is now gracing our daughters bedroom. We do have it connected to our Humax PVR so I'm not sure if that can make a difference.

I put off buying a sound bar and I'm glad I did and unless you have a room like a warehouse, I would think twice about the additional cost. I can't comment about the speed of the picture in watching sport as this is a sport free zone but it has to be better than most TV's that are even a couple of years old in terms of technology. I asked about the viewing angle because of the static stand and I was told that this is because of the way that TV's are produced with an almost 170 degree viewing angle. Personally, I don't intend to sit watching the TV at right angles so yet again, I don't find that this is a problem in our living room.

I know that this is discontinued line, so if you are thinking about buying one, my advice is do it and don't be disappointed. I chose Panasonic because of the reliability of our old TV and when I looked at all the competition in price and brand name, Panasonic were a winner hands down.

I'll try and give this an update in 6 months time and see if it has stood the test of time and all the Xmas telly yet to come!!