4.0 out of 5 stars Initial Impressions, 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Samsung UE46F7000 46inch 3D LED SMART TV Built-in Camera WiFi 800hz (Electronics)
Had this TV a couple of weeks now and so far, we're pretty impressed.

The TV replaced an ancient 32" which - despite a MASSIVE bezel - was quite a bit smaller, so the new TV did feel very big initially. We soon got used to it though, possibly helped by the fact it's very, very pretty - though the Samsung HW-F751/EN 2.1 Soundbar (310 Watt, SoundShare, Bluetooth) silver does cover the rather cute stand.

Picture quality is outstanding. Even SD is great. The software to expand the SD picture rocks: so good that at a quick glance, SD can sometimes be mistaken for HD.

Unfortunately, the built-in HD Freeview didn't register any of the HD stations for us. This is disappointing, but I'm not sure it's a issue with the TV as the box we had on the same socket previously didn't pick up the HD stations either. Having said that, a Sony TV on a socket nearer the aerial does pick them up.

HD picture quality (from the apps) is .. HD. So superb.

The default picture setting was, as I'd read in reviews, a bit too full on - overly bright and artificial - but changing the preset to either Natural or Movie fixed it for us. Doubtless things could be further improved with a bit more fiddling with the (extensive) options.

As the F7000 is so thin, we were expecting pretty poor sound - we even bought the soundbar mentioned above - but I have to say, the sound is actually very good - easily as good as any other TV we've had. Having said that, adding the soundbar does completely transform watching movies (and a lot of TV): the kind of rumbling base it produces simply wouldn't be possible from a TV speaker.

Set-up was reasonably straightforward, though I'm very glad it's not something regular as all the 'typing' and scrolling through options was very tedious. Not helped by the fact we had several re-tries in the hope of picking up HD.

I had read that Samsung have an Android app that helps - particularly with the typing - but when I actually came to look for it, I couldn't find it anywhere. This may be because I have a Nexus rather than a Samsung phone.

Another set-up related gripe was that, having had a decade or more of connecting devices to computers and having them automatically install, I didn't expect to have to tell the TV I'd added a soundbar. More a problem with me than the TV, of course. Once I'd done that, it just worked (I guess it being a Samsung soundbar might have helped)

The apps we've used (various catch ups and LoveFILM) have been fine (though they did show up issues with the broadband, now resolved). The quadcore processor does help make the experience relatively slick - certainly it's WAY faster and therefore way more useable than on our (1 year old and not quadcore) Sony.

Having said that, there are some frustrations: the opening 'page' of the Smart TV selections has - as you'd expect - a small section showing what you're currently watching. Bizarrely, when you move off the home page, this disappears and the sound goes off. Very irritating: I really don't understand what Samsung were thinking - our Sony doesn't do this.

Another irritation is that when you connect an external HDD to the TV for recording, it insists on reformatting the drive so it can't be used for anything else. I happened to have a spare 2TB drive, but I would have liked the option of using this for other things rather than have it sit around doing nothing most of the time.

Overall though, apart from a few niggles, the TV has been superb and we're delighted with it. It's only been a couple of weeks, so I can't comment on longevity, but with that caveat, I'd happily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing TV, 23 Dec. 2013
Image is simply beautiful, browser support flash player , great connection via DLNA and many more.
highly recommended, i'm happy