5.0 out of 5 stars Linksys X3000 Advanced Wireless N ADSL2 with Modem Router
Published on 25 April 2012 by Green Book Addict Librarian

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy an alternative, not this
Published 7 months ago by easyeddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Linksys X3000 Advanced Wireless N ADSL2 with Modem Router, 25 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've only been using this router for a few days now but so far I have no complaints and my review is based on my experience so far. It did seem to take a while to set up compared to previous routers but I think that is because of the Cisco Connect interface that it adds to the computer. This is new to me as previously I have accessed the router settings via a browser page and I have to say that I prefer this method. It also allowed me to create an "Easykey Setup" on a flash drive to connect other devices to the network (or you can of course use the manual option for doing this so you don't have to use the Easykey Setup). Cisco Connect is very easy to use and quite useful too and has features like allowing guest access to your internet connection. This can be switched on or off for up to five guests. I did miss the green and red lights of my old router initially as this one only has white (blue on startup) but it's a small detail and I'm used to it now. The really good thing is that now my broadband is about 1MB faster than it was previously just by switching to this router. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars quality kit, 27 Jan. 2012
Did a lot of research and spec comparisons before buying this modem router. I discovered that there are several 'flavours' of ADSL and consequently checked my broadband supplier BT. This high spec modem supports them all. Importantly for me it (eventually) works with my MAC's OSX 10.7. However be warned the setup software refused run despite the onscreen instructions confusingly stating it supported OSX 10.6 and later versions?! A visit to the Linksys website & a download later (lesson: don't throw your old modem away!) and it self-installed. The web browser interface has an extensive range of features and looks very much like the one I used on my other Linksys router. I selected this model because of its speed (it has a Gigabit ethernet) and wireless range after two days it appears to be working well and living up to my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cisco X3000 Excellent Product Works Exactly As It Should, 14 Feb. 2013
Victor C. "Integrity matters" (Ely, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Well I had to buy a new router to replace a Belkin which I could not bring back to life after attempting to update firmware. Finding the right replacement was not easy. I am using Talktalk ISP and watch BBC iPlayer HD via ethernet and also stream music to wifi internet radios around the house from a portable hard drive directly connected via USB to the router. So tried two Netgear solutions, DGND2200 and DGND3300, neither delivered everything they promised particularly with media streaming and Netgear support was very poor. Then tried an Asus N55U which was fast but has a clunky interface and overall did not perform smoothly. Finally found the Cisco X3000 which has turned out to be a dream machine. Iplayer HD beautiful performance without buffering issues, music streaming is flawless. The only shortcoming for me was wifi signal strength in my three storey townhouse. So I have installed a TP-LINK wifi range extender on the middle floor and now all three floors have 4 bar wifi signal. Had to use TP-Link telephone support which was absolutely first class 24/7 for the extender setup and now it all works exactly as the two manufacturers claim. So I highly recommend both products used: Cisco X3000 and the TP-Link wa830re. Hope this review may be helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars All you could need in a router., 8 May 2013
This review is from: Linksys X3500 N750 Dual Band Wireless Router with ADSL2+ Modem/USB (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm very impressed with this router, it's very versatile, can cater for other devices and has a fantastic range - this is the first router I have tried that I can actually get internet in my large back garden! I haven't encountered any issues with inconsistent internet or buffering when playing videos, I've downloaded and played many videos so far at a pleasantly surprising speed and it's easy to set up too, you don't need to be a technical expert.

I'd definitely recommend this, it's been compatible with everything I've tried it with, it has a great range and has worked quickly with no problems. Perfect, worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cisco Linksys X1000 ADSL Modem and Wireless Router, 3 Dec. 2012
Oliver Lomas (Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Works well, good range with IPV6 support as standard. Good design that disappears easily in the home. Cisco routers work well with iPads (much better than Netgear routers) so I would recommend this router without reservation.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great router, 28 April 2013
Inspector Gadget "Go Go Gadget Reviews" (On the trail of Doctor Claw) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Linksys X3500 is a lovely router for your basic home Internet needs. With a 750mbps rate (split 300/450 on dual band), 4 Ethernet ports, a cable, and a DSL port on the back (as well as a USB port and a nice on/off switch in case you get jammed) for attaching other devices. I've had no problems so far in regards to compatibility. If your streaming HD movies or downloading/playing video games online you can rest assured that there is no lag or buffering (so far). It sits very unobtrusively on your desktop (or on the wall if that's your thing) as the antennae are all interior, meaning you'll barely notice it. I am aware that others might have difficulty with this machine. My home features an HDTV, PS3 and two laptops connected to the Internet and I have not run into any problems. I can recommend it to others who have similar Wi-Fi needs. It's money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, fast, quiet and runs cool, 10 April 2014
Lots of opinions and varying needs for home networks these days... I am one of those sad demanding tech heads, in IT for two decades, I have wired cat6 ethernet and streaming media in every room in my home network.

I rate this modem router highly, I like that its very basic, even spartan with no frills or fancy software. The interface isn't flashy and doesn't have any unique features but what it does it does efficiently and reliably. I threw out all my old devices, saved loads in electricity in the process and simplified my server rack and my networking as a whole by using just this device. Only yesterday did I appreciate how painless and effortless my network had been running on the back of this device for the past two years when I lost it due to a lighting strike and my surge protector failed to save it.

I am ordering my second one, perhaps the upgraded model, but the very least I can do is post a good review of the service I got from this little gem.

I simply can't fault it, so 5 stars from me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect when you update firmware, 13 Mar. 2014
I bought this to replace my BT HH3 which was working fine for the internet, but would not pair well with my wireless printer (HP p1102w). I got tired of having to powercycle the BT router and wake up the printer everytime I wanted to print, sometimes unsuccessfully - this was not a problem I'd had with the (free) Sky router. (I had previously spent several hours trying to find a different work around with the settings.) I also could not AirPrint or ePrint, and sometimes I found the internet stalling.

So those are the boxes I was looking to tick, and I'm pleased that so far all but one (ePrint) works for me - and I'm optimistic that I can fix that one with a printer driver update. I looked carefully at the reviews on this site and the US one before choosing this one, and many of the complaints seem to have finally been resolved with the latest firmware update. I found I had trouble with cookies which was resolved, luckily, with the firmware update. I can understand the frustration of other reviews on here, as there were basic issues with the firmware and it seem to take months before Linksys bothered to fix it. But others report elsewhere that this latest firmware is solid and has been thoroughly test so be sure to upgrade.

The latest firmware is 1.0.5. It's easy to upgrade once you know how - download the bin file from the Linksys website, then in the router's web server, go to Administration > Firmware upgrade and point to the bin file. You might be able to do this from Cisco Connect, I just used the webserver which is typically at 192.168.1.1.

I also advise others to set up the router using the webserver rather than Cisco Connect, which has some questionable terms and conditions that allow them to monitor some of your internet usage information. If anyone can help me figure out how to uninstall this from my router (it requires me to use my WPA login/password for router access) please do suggest.

So, 5 stars for proper functionality, but -1 star for the niggles above (firmware issues and Cisco Connect).

I also chose this product because of the possibility of using the USB port as a cheap network drive. I might update this review with an extra star if this proves fantastic.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy an alternative, not this, 4 Oct. 2014
The Linksys X1000 *definitely* has a serious manufacturing flaw. After a day or few it is likely to enter a 'frozen' state where the networking ceases to function and (significantly) the device itself is no longer pingable or accessible via its web management interface. My box is affected, and trying to resolve the issue (maybe it was my config somehow) meant I read the hundreds of web posts on the same issue from others (search Linksys X1000 freezes). Most likely its a memory overheat issue. The good news is the box does have an on-off switch for an easy reboot.

I've replaced mine with a D-Link DSL-2680/UK, also from Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars As advertised., 18 Mar. 2013
RL Pike (London England) - See all my reviews
Does what it says it will but nothing fancy or special about it. Would consider buying same again if needed.