on 29 January 2014
I thought the sound from my Samsung Smart TV was fairly good, despite all the reviews about tiny amps and speakers in modern sets. However, I can now understand what they mean - although the maximum volume isn't window-shattering, the sound quality is brilliant, and the various sound-style option settings means there's one to suit the whole range of programmes and films I watch.
The wireless 'soundshare' works flawlessly, saving me both the cost and untidiness of an optical cable. Actually, it's worth noting that many of the reviews/adverts I read online while deciding what system to buy, state that the Samsung HWF 350 and HWF 355 feature an HDMI connector - they don't!
on 22 June 2014
Ok, for all who are out there who are saying "my TV sound is ok", well it is just that, "ok". I have recently got a new 42" Panasonic TV and was looking to improve the sound quality, primarily for use with the xbox one for gaming and when watching DVD's. This was a good price and an active sound bar which is important, it means it has it's own built in amplifier. Please folks, you will need to check out the connections on the back of your TV to determine what type of cables you need. This sound bar only comes with a basic cable for output from a TV and my Panasonic only has a HDMI and optic output, I was well aware of this so not a problem as I had ordered a couple of optic cables alongside this order, but worth checking the outputs on your TV so you are prepared. Set up was dead easy and I have this fitted to the wall using the bracket provided, but it doesn't come with fixing screws or wall plugs, so if you intend fixing to the wall you'll need to source these separately. I think it gives better sound quality on the wall, as you have separation from the high and low end by doing this. The subwoofer is amazing and I now also use this on the Bluetooth function to play my music on through the MP3 player. It's loud enough for what I need and the quality is just superb. After you get used to it, just turn it off and listen through your TV speakers and you'll be amazed at what a crappy sound you were willing to put up with before getting this sound bar. Highly recommend this product on the price and the quality of sound.
on 4 January 2014
Easy to set up to my Samsung smart TV , good sound quality, & looks good too.. Remote control synced to TV as well
on 9 January 2016
Not by any stretch of the mind is this for someone that wants a full blown cinematic experience. But it will help fill the living room with some amount of volume. Very basic but that's just what I needed.
on 21 December 2014
At first this unit seemed good. However after living with it for a while now I have to say that it is in fact overly complicated and never quite sounds right for the scenario I am watching. Every channel is out of sync with the unit when used with an opttical cable. Having to fiddle with the remote to set delay for each channel change is too fiddly. The best thing was playing music through it, though as then it sounds great. However after 6 months the bluetooth will not pair anymore, and when it does on the rarte occasion it is cutting out. It sounds like interference but everything in the house has been turned off to test it and finally i have given up and hope to return it.
on 25 April 2014
Very easy to install system - just plug in and allow tv and soundbar to link up. Good sound uplift and very neat system.
on 11 February 2014
Very happy with my purchase, very easy to use. The Bluetooth feature is great and all for great value for money
on 11 February 2016
Much better than the standard tv speakers it enhances the background sound but can sometimes make it difficult to hear speech as clearly. Much beter than standard speakers when playing music. Easy to pair with bluetooth devices.
on 31 December 2013
Distinctly better than TV's built in speakers, fits and blends in in front of TV, whilst leaving the receiver for the remote clear. Easy to set up an value for money.
on 10 May 2014
VERY EASY TO SET UPP WITH A SAMSUNG SMART TV. THE COMBINATION OF TV AND SOUND BAR DEFINITELY IMPROVES THE CLARITY OF SPEECH.