5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent soundbar
After reading lots of reviews about different soundbars I bought this Samsung product which I am very pleased with. I have a Samsung smart TV which I bought in Dec 2012 so wanted to keep everything Samsung.

1 week in and the highlights so far:

Published 15 months ago by GurdB

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I had hoped for
I got this to replace an ageing 3.1 Panasonic system - mainly so that I don't have cables all over the place.
It's certainly a big improvement over the standard TV speakers, but for me, it lacks midrange.
Published 7 months ago by O. Gonzalez

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent soundbar, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Samsung HW-F450/EN 2.1 Soundbar with Subwoofer (280 Watt, SoundShare, Bluetooth) (Electronics)

1 week in and the highlights so far:

1. Supports Samsung Soundshare which allows you to connect the soundbar to a newer (2012/2013) Samsung TV wirelessly. Check if your Samsung TV supports soundshare
2. Control the volume of the soundbar using your Sky remote control (when connected through Soundshare) - no need to hold 3 different remotes
3. Bluetooth connection to the subwoofer so no messy wires (it's an Active subwoofer so will need to be plugged in)
4. Will significantly improve the sound of your TV
5. Bass is deep and soundbar is clear
6. Six different sound settings e.g. Sports, Game, Cinema, etc
7. Sleek design and will easily fill a medium to large room - depends how much you want to annoy your neighbours!
8. Supports bluetooth so pair your mobile phone easily for your tunes
9. In support of the above point, unplug the bar and subwoofer and use it is a portable hi-fi aswell

Cables i.e. digital, HDMI are not supplied.

In summary, very pleased and would recommend it for the price bracket and the functionality it gives you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracker from samsung, 14 Sep 2013
Samsung have done it again, another quality product.

First things first, it's always a tricky situation buying anything that you can't see/hear.
So after reading reviews on this particular soundbar (all positive), I decided to pop down to my local Currys/pc world and listen for myself.
I Sneakily turned my bluetooth function on my phone on, and started to listen to music through my phone onto the soundbar, wow, impressed. I asked for the remote so i could play around with the available functions and it really doesn't disapoint, the base was very rich, and the sound very crisp. Plenty of functions.
Purchased, got home, decided to try it out on a movie (Decided on wrath of the titans), VERY VERY impressed. Makes the film much more engrossing with a decent sound.
It's also a huge plus point that the sub is wireless. Can have it anywhere in the room.
For a price tag of just over £200, can't go wrong.
Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars My tuppence worth..., 10 Jun 2014
OK so I have access to a friends Spotify Premium account, and I wanted access in my room with some meaty sound. I went into Currys and was close to buying the Sonos Play:1 (which is fantastic in its own right). That was £169.99 plus the compulsory Sonos Bridge at £39.99. I happened to wander over to the soundbar systems, and saw this at £179.99. I tried it out in store with some 320kbps audio, and was blown away - and that's in a huge, open space...

So I bought this puppy... 2 weeks later, I have to say, what a purchase! I can stream all sound through the system via Bluetooth, Optical, HDMI etc. Honestly, the sound is so impressive: always composed, with a pleasing accompanying bass, which comes into its own when fed a suitable track. Crank the volume right up, and it's far too huge a sound for my room (which is about 4x4m), but again, never loses its composure... It handles all genres of music with ease.

I'm aware that the Sonos is more of a multiroom setup, but if you want an all in one solution for a smallish room that you can use for gaming, TV, movies, music - look no further. I guarantee you'll be impressed!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I had hoped for, 20 May 2014
O. Gonzalez (UK) - See all my reviews
Maybe it's due to the fact that I run it at reasonably low levels (<volume 16) as anything higher will annoy the neighbours, it's just missing the richness in vocals that I was hoping for.
The sub is nice, though, and is great when watching films.
I just wish that you could EQ it, rather than simply control the Subwoofer level. The pre-sets are all a bit lacking, and I just turn off the 3D sound as it doesn't really add anything.

The Bluetooth function is great, and pairing up devices is quick and easy.

The biggest problem for me though, is that - when paired with a Samsung UE40EH5300 using an Optical (for sound) and HDMI (for ANYNET+, cec) - you can either:
Power on both the TV and Soundbar using the TV remote, but not control the volume of the Soundbar using the TV remote (tv has to go to 0 volume, and use Soundbar remote for volume control) this is with Anynet disabled and Auto Power set to On.

Or

Control the volume of the Soundbar using the TV remote, power off both devices using the Power button on the TV remote, but lose the ability to power on both devices with the TV remote. Anynet enabled, Auto Power set to Off.

This is incredibly frustrating - the only solution that works for me is the second, so the Soundbar just stays on the whole time. I wanted to avoid having several remotes, and the Samsung helpline (in the UK) told me that one remote would work for both devices.

After looking into it, this is by design(!) which is absurd, as I want to use this to permanently replace my TV speakers.

Overall I'm disappointed really... not a great sound, and limited functionality bearing in mind that both devices are Samsung!

Edit: I do have to use the Soundbar remote to turn it on, as after a period of inactivity (leaving it overnight) it turns itself off. Really annoying needing 2 remotes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound bar versus Surround, 5 May 2014
My surround sound 5/1 system died a death on me recently and therefore needed replacing.
My wife has never been a fan of speakers around the room so i decided to look into replacing it with a sound bar .
Having read quite a few reviews on the subject via the internet for and against it i decided to buy a Samsung sound bar
to match my 40 inch Samsung television .
The room is a small one therefore the power from this HW-F450 sound bar is much more than edequate .
quality excellent too
highly recommend it ----do not hesitate buying one.

5.0 out of 5 stars true sound barr, 25 Nov 2013
S. Cramb "crambo" (NEWCASTLE UPON-TYNE) - See all my reviews
Samsung have done it again perfect sound quality I have a Samsung smart tv matched them up without any problems don't turn up to high you will be blown out of your chair yes that good 100% happy,

5.0 out of 5 stars simple to setup, brings TV to life and brings a cinema style to the room, 18 Mar 2014
Brings my tv to life, easy to fit and work. Cinema style noise and versatile with different inputs. Ditch the music centre

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant apart from one gripe., 8 May 2014
Brilliant product, suddenly we are now watching the music channels just to enjoy the thumping base from the sounds, I only wish we could fit one into our Smart Car! Only annoyance is that every time we turn the unit on it defaults to the wrong input and we have to reset it. I can't be bothered taking the whole thing down and retuning it, so I guess I'll have to live with this annoyance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Sound System, 13 Feb 2014
Delighted with the product and the enhancement to the sound system of our television. I never really appreciated how poor the existing speakers on our Samsung LED flat screen was until we bought this system. Very easy to install in a matter of seconds. The only downsize was that the optical cable I purchased with it was too short at 1 Metre, I had to dash to the shops and buy a 1.5m Cable to facilitate placing the sound bar in the most eye pleasing position on the tv Cabinet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Chuffed, 28 May 2014
Mr. Paul Broster (Chester,UK) - See all my reviews
The unit came well packed and the delivery was quick. After unpacking and fitting the batteries to the remote, it took me around 3 mins to fit the HDMI cable, NOT SUPPLIED - to the tv and re-route the HDMI from my Humax HD Freeview Recorder to the unit, I placed the SUB Woofer under my coffe table out of the way, Plugged both units into power outlet and powered on, I was amazed by the quality of the sound, Smooth Base and clear crips dynamic midrange and treble, it was even quicker to pair via bluetooth to pair to my Iphone. overall I'm Very please and would recommend