Format: Audio CDChange

on 9 June 2013
His first album 'Colour of the trap' (2011) was one of the most thrilling thing the music Industry gave us recently! The second one, this one, is pure energy with fantastic songs; all of them could be singles. The production by Ian is excellent and Paul Weller, Andy Partridge are added pearls in a treasure which lives because of its great value. Glam Rock, danceable riffs, choruses and sharp guitars make this record a joy from the beginning to the last second; "Give Up" and "Don't Forget Who You Are" are the first singles you can listen everywhere, but my favourite Tracks are "What Condition Am I In?" and "Fire in My Heart". Honestly all tracks are great and I like the order Miles put these tracks in the Album. In Concert should be incredible! It's my Summer CD but I think I will love it also in Wintertime.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 July 2013
If you enjoyed Miles Kane's debut album 'Colour Of The Trap', which I regard as something of a masterpiece in the modern British record, then you'll definitely enjoy 'Don't Forget Who You Are'. Although it is a very worthy followup, I don't think it's superior to 'Colour Of The Trap', his first remains his best so far. I would rate this one 4.5 stars if I could.

The single of the same name is one of the highlights on here, a perfect feel-good song with a great chorus, but most of the others are worth listening to on repeat as well. Personal favourites include the equally up-tempo 'Taking Over', 'Better Than That' and 'Tonight', all of which are immediately catchy and energetic. Like the other reviewers on this Amazon page before me have written, 'Don't Forget Who You Are' is the CD of my Summer as well.

I don't think that anyone will forget who Miles Kane is for a while, and if he continues to release such brilliant albums, I think that he will have a long career and shall receive the recognition he deserves as an extremely talented singer and songwriter. He is one great lyricist who knows how to create punchy melodies, and his Oasis heroes should be very proud.

Quality new album, highly recommended!

Check out the deluxe edition and you'll get an extra three solid tracks: 'Start of Something Big', Caught in the Act', 'First of My Kind', 'and some collectable postcards: Don't Forget Who You Are (Deluxe)
on 10 June 2013
Mile Kane's debut Colour Of The Trap was a sleeper hit back in 2011, flirting with various styles of blues, indie and soul. This follow up sees him sharpening his sound into something more brash and aggressive, with oodles of finger-clicking melodies and hooks. For the most part, it works.

The tone is instantly set with opener Taking Over, a snappy, snarling bombast which is indicative of many of the tracks here (only 4 of the 11 tracks pass the 3 minute mark). The sleazy, glam-tinged You're Gonna Get It is equally thrilling, whilst Don't Forget You Who Are is probably Kane's most anthemic track to date.

The only dip comes in the tender Fire In My Heart, an ode to hopeless romanticism that flounders slightly. It's a small quibble in a set punctuated with thrills and excitement, with Kane sounding more assured and confident than ever before. Anticipation now begins to see what he can come up with on the next album...
on 15 June 2013
In spite of a somewhat mixed reception using terms such as "60's pastiche" etc, I love this album. His musical influences are clearly there to hear, but he executes this style with absolute perfection. If this were Alex Turner rather than Miles Kane, perhaps the critics would have been rather more lenient! All I can say is that from start to finish, this amounts to a near perfect 40 minutes.
on 13 June 2013
Loved Colour of the Trap but after only a couple of listens think this is better! Catchy songs and great hooks. Will be in my car all 'summer'!
on 9 June 2013
Miles Kane slams down an anthemic 21st century blend of melodies and attitude into the sterile blandness of most popular music. With undertones of the 1960s, layered with haunting melodies from the britpop 1990s, his sound has a confident edgy attitude that's worthy of modern ass-kicking music.

This album should be in every upbeat music fan's mp3 library.
on 15 June 2013
MK almost manages to reproduce the energy and vitality of his memorable live performances on this record.
Just like on "Colour of the trap" it contains some fantastic catchy melodies but unfortunately does have a couple of duds!
Which do not detract too much ,from the overall enjoyment of the record.
on 11 June 2013
not a bad track on it. as good , if not better than, The Colour of the Trap, which was quality
on 30 June 2013
No need to fast forward past a track that isn't really good enough - every song's excellent and could stand as a single in its own right. On the strength of this, I can't wait to see Miles on tour in the autumn. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on 21 June 2013
I liked the singles released from the album, so decided to purchase the album. I was not disappointed. An album I will enjoy listening to throughout the summer.