Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 June 2013
His first album 'Colour of the trap' (2011) was one of the most thrilling thing the music Industry gave us recently! The second one, this one, is pure energy with fantastic songs; all of them could be singles. The production by Ian is excellent and Paul Weller, Andy Partridge are added pearls in a treasure which lives because of its great value. Glam Rock, danceable riffs, choruses and sharp guitars make this record a joy from the beginning to the last second; "Give Up" and "Don't Forget Who You Are" are the first singles you can listen everywhere, but my favourite Tracks are "What Condition Am I In?" and "Fire in My Heart". Honestly all tracks are great and I like the order Miles put these tracks in the Album. In Concert should be incredible! It's my Summer CD but I think I will love it also in Wintertime.
on 2 March 2016
Somehow I had missed this record. I totally hadn't realised Miles Kane also is/was a member of 'The last shadow puppets'. But at one point Dutch national FM radio was playing this damn catchy, faster britrocker tune "Better than that". It is just one of those britrock tunes that won't leave you head for a while after hearing it.

So I decided to check out this "Don't forget who you are ...". No regrets, this is a strong britrock record. Catchy, fast, rock, fun, gentle tunes all blended together into one fine meltpot. To me, it sounds very enthusiastic, making the record a 'good vibrations album'. If I am in a good mood or I need to be cheered up again, then this is one of those record to play.
on 15 June 2013
In spite of a somewhat mixed reception using terms such as "60's pastiche" etc, I love this album. His musical influences are clearly there to hear, but he executes this style with absolute perfection. If this were Alex Turner rather than Miles Kane, perhaps the critics would have been rather more lenient! All I can say is that from start to finish, this amounts to a near perfect 40 minutes.
on 9 June 2013
Miles Kane slams down an anthemic 21st century blend of melodies and attitude into the sterile blandness of most popular music. With undertones of the 1960s, layered with haunting melodies from the britpop 1990s, his sound has a confident edgy attitude that's worthy of modern ass-kicking music.

This album should be in every upbeat music fan's mp3 library.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 July 2013
If you enjoyed Miles Kane's debut album 'Colour Of The Trap', which I regard as something of a masterpiece in the modern British record, then you'll definitely enjoy 'Don't Forget Who You Are'. Although it is a very worthy followup, I don't think it's superior to 'Colour Of The Trap', his first remains his best so far. I would rate this one 4.5 stars if I could.

The single of the same name is one of the highlights on here, it's a perfect feel-good song with a great chorus, but most of the others are worth listening to on repeat as well. Personal favourites include the equally up-tempo 'Taking Over', 'Better Than That' and 'Tonight', all of which are immediately catchy and energetic, as well as the laid-back, Oasis-isque 'Fire In My Heart'. Like some of the other reviewers on this Amazon page who have written before me, I think that 'Don't Forget Who You Are' is the CD of my Summer as well.

With the first record, Miles enlisted the help of his Arctic Monkeys buddy Alex Turner to co-write half the tracks, but here, a more diverse range of songwriters are on board, including Andy Partridge, Guy Chambers, and the great Paul Weller, who collaborated on two songs

I don't think that anyone will forget who Miles Kane is for a while, and if he continues to release such brilliant albums, I think the young guy will have a long career, and shall eventually receive the recognition he deserves as an extremely talented singer and songwriter. He is one great lyricist who knows how to create punchy melodies, and his Oasis heroes should be very proud.

This is a quality new indie-rock album, produced entirely by Ian Broudie (founder of The Lightning Seeds), who also co-wrote several tracks, and comes highly recommended!

Check out the deluxe edition and you'll get an extra three solid tracks: 'Start of Something Big', Caught in the Act', 'First of My Kind', 'and some collectable postcards: Don't Forget Who You Are (Deluxe)
on 15 June 2013
MK almost manages to reproduce the energy and vitality of his memorable live performances on this record.
Just like on "Colour of the trap" it contains some fantastic catchy melodies but unfortunately does have a couple of duds!
Which do not detract too much ,from the overall enjoyment of the record.
on 20 January 2015
My daughter, who introduced me to Miles Kane's music, said this was not as good as his first album which we have had for about a year. Anyway, I bought it and..it's brilliant. I love Miles's catchy, sixties-esque tones which are augmented by more modern production sounds and hooks, which make me feel those who don't know this artiste yet are missing out. I understand he collaborated with The Modfather on 2 tracks. Well, all I can say is that it was a meeting of equals. Praise indeed from a Wild Wood/ Stanley Road devotee.
on 31 December 2013
Liked after seeing live playing on tv, and liked the style. Also purchase previous album, and both have some great tunes on. Will certainly be continuing to listen on track basis over the coming year.
on 13 June 2013
Loved Colour of the Trap but after only a couple of listens think this is better! Catchy songs and great hooks. Will be in my car all 'summer'!
on 10 June 2013
Mile Kane's debut Colour Of The Trap was a sleeper hit back in 2011, flirting with various styles of blues, indie and soul. This follow up sees him sharpening his sound into something more brash and aggressive, with oodles of finger-clicking melodies and hooks. For the most part, it works.

The tone is instantly set with opener Taking Over, a snappy, snarling bombast which is indicative of many of the tracks here (only 4 of the 11 tracks pass the 3 minute mark). The sleazy, glam-tinged You're Gonna Get It is equally thrilling, whilst Don't Forget You Who Are is probably Kane's most anthemic track to date.

The only dip comes in the tender Fire In My Heart, an ode to hopeless romanticism that flounders slightly. It's a small quibble in a set punctuated with thrills and excitement, with Kane sounding more assured and confident than ever before. Anticipation now begins to see what he can come up with on the next album...