on 31 October 2013
Good functionality, performance and vaslue for money - however getting the wireless going with Mac was a nightmare.

After spending a whole day following instructions to the letter, I resorted to borrowing a friend's PC laptop and try the exact same steps. In 10 minutes the printer was up and running and can now be accessed from my Mac.

From that point on, performance was good, although it is stricky to get double sided printing as a standard in Mac (again, this seems to work flawlessly on PC). But it can be chosen manually every time I print and quality/speed is very good.
on 8 July 2013
Compact, economic, quiet with as expected print quality. Works-as-advertised double-sided printing. Drivers 'just work' with Windows 7x64 without installing megabytes of unwanted 'utilities'. This is the 4th Samsung personal laser printer purchased for light business duties, the brand having become the go-to since HP completely lost the plot. Recommended.
on 20 April 2015
I had been running a colour multifunction inkjet at home (Canon MP610 - great machine, cheap to run and effective but wired access only) but wanted to be able to print and scan wirelessly so I upgraded to the Canon MX925. That turned out to be a mistake because the ink costs of the newer model nearly bankrupted me.

Enter the Samsung M2825DW Xpresss. I bought this to be a default wireless printer for home so as to take the load off the Canon inkjet. It has worked a treat.

Setup was easy (even for a networking novice like me) because Samsung provide some clever software that walks you through the installation process step by step and, at least in my case, that was all I needed to get up and running. Immediately all the computers in the house were able to print wirelessly to our new laser.

Then along came an upgrade to iOS 8 for the Apple devices in our household and suddenly those devices could no longer access the Samsung. A littile bit of Googling later and I had found a very helpful guide on Samsung's support website that identified a possible conflict with iOS 8. I have to say I was a little daunted at getting stuck into the advanced settings on the printer but the instructions were so clear and easy to follow that I was able to get through without a hitch. Now all of the iOS 8 devices in our house immediately recognise our little workhorse Samsung and print directly from the device.

I also enabled internet printing in Google print so I can print to this machine from anywhere via the internet (although I have not used this function other than to test it out - who wants to print documents to a printer where they are not?)

So what are my thoughts on this printer?

Positives:

+ BUILT-IN AUTOMATIC DUPLEX PRINTING - This is simply a fantastic feature at this price point (c. £120 in November 2014)
+ Very easy to set up, even the wireless and internet printing components
+ Excellent online support and guidance
+ Cost effective and speedy printer (much lower cost per page than an advanced inkjet)
+ Very compact and neat footprint (this was a big part of my initial selection criteria, but see below)
+ Quality so far (over c. 1300 pages) has been consistently excellent
+ Good quality bundled diagnostics and status indication software

Negatives

- As other reviewers have pointed out the paper drawer extends slightly to the back of the machine when you load A4 paper. Would I prefer a slightly larger printer overall that had the entire paper tray inside the machine? Probably not but ensuring dust doesn't get on the exposed paper will be an issue
- The status indicator software has been showing my printer as having 0% toner left for a few weeks now but it's still printing merrily. We are over 1,300 pages so I wonder if instead of actually sensing the toner left it is calculating the toner used and overestimating slightly. Just about all laser printers I've ever had report running out early/prematurely so this isn't a big problem. I have a spare OEM cartridge on standby ready to go in.
- This machine has been superseded by the M2835DW but since the only change is a bump in print speeds and this is already more than fast enough to meet my needs I have no need for the newer model (but your mileage may vary)

Summary

I loved this printer so much that I bought another wireless model for a friend with his own consulting business and a third (non-wireless but networked - M2825DN) for my office.

This goes right up alongside my Fujitsu Scansnap Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 A4, Duplex Wi-Fi Scanner and Swordfish Shredder Swordfish 1200XXCD 12 Sheet Micro Cut Paper/Document Shredder ref: 40237 as one of my favourite pieces of home/office equipment
on 7 September 2013
5 stars from me because I cannot find fault, any fault, with this simple to set up and use piece of kit. It stays on standby all the time and I print from home, the office, my mobile phone and tablet, from anywhere.
on 21 June 2014
Only had it for a week, but so far...
Cons:
--The printer cartridges (not just the one that comes with it when you buy the printer) are only good for 1200 pages. You have to pay almost twice as much for a 3000 page one. Also, every 9000 pages you have to buy a separate imaging unit.
--The printer has a system that tries to prevent manually adding toner to a cartridge. There is a way around it, but you will still get annoying nags.
--The build quality is so-so. Paper try drawer does not feel good.
--Even plugged in and turned off, the printer still draws power

Pros:
--Relatively fast
--So far duplex works very well
--So far no problems with wifi connection
--good print quality
--Printerland (via Amazon) shipped it next day delivery for no extra charge
--came with a 36 month warranty
on 26 December 2013
I bought this printer to replace a Brother HL 1250 which has served us very well for 13 years of domestic use. The Samsung is half the price of the Brother (bought in 2000) and this is reflected in the rather flimsy construction, and the tiny toner cartridge compared to the Brother.
It was delivered promptly by Printerland and the WiFi link and set up was quite straightforward using the included CD and a new Windows 8 laptop. I would happily have paid more for a model with more features, but this was the only mono laser printer I could find which has built-in WiFi - this will allow anyone in the house to use it, rather than have it tied to one PC.
Initially, it works perfectly well. But we've only had it a few days so we shall have to see how it fares in the future...
on 14 February 2016
This is an excellent printer, it is ideal for small and heavy use - it works well under stress but the toner doesn't dry out so it is ideal for light use too. The genuine 3000 page toner is just £30 from my local office supply store meaning that it is approximately 1p per page which is an outstandingly cheap price. It is also great that the printer has automatic double sided printing, networking and eco printing as standard. I highly recommend this printer. If my review was helpful, please give it a thumbs up. If you have any questions, comment below and I will reply within 1 day!
on 11 January 2015
The printer is very fast and prints well, but it keeps on printing an out-of-sync page on every single document I print so every time I have to sort through the document and find the wrong page, then I need to reprint that page.

The paper also gets stuck every about 100 pages and the cartridges are quite expensive (40 pounds).

Overall the printer is excellent but because of the fact that it prints out-of-sync pages so often and the paper also gets stuck quite often, it takes ages to print the things I need. I would not recommend it.
on 22 October 2015
I've had 2 colour laser printers over the last 10 years which were costing me on average at least one cartridge every month minimum. This produces fabulous black and white quality for my businesses and I'm using it on economic mode and haven't needed to change any cartridges in nearly 6 months and I haven't put a high yeald toner cartridge in it yet.

I could not recommend this highly enough to you.
Update 6 months in using the Eco mode and the standard ink catridge that came with the printer has 67% remaining.
on 5 June 2014
I bought this as the kids are doing more and more school work and it is expensive to print everything they do on my Epson Photo Printer. The Samsung is pretty much silent, and prints sharp black and white/greyscale so is perfect for text. The paper drawer is big enough to not constantly need refilling. Easy to set up, we have a mix of Win8 and Mac users. The wifi version which I have can be plugged in anywhere in the house and is good to go immediately.