Format: DVD|Change

on 11 March 2015
This film follows the progress of young dancers until the result of the finals. It shows the sacrifices of the the parents and the hard work of their their offspring as they follow their passion to be a ballet dancer/ ballerina. It is difficult not be involved in the dreams of these young people and to hope that they make a career in ballet.
on 13 December 2012
Find out how difficult ballet is. I am not a ballet aficionado I saw the trailer and decided to give the DVD a try.
Would highly recommend especially for any aspiring ballet dancers. Recommended. Glad I bought it.
Terry.C.
on 7 February 2014
This is just the sort of series I love . allet is my passion. People are my passion.
I just needed longer performances Sometimes items were cut a bit short ( for me).
on 19 February 2015
Yesterday afternoon I watched the ballet documentary (1hr 34 mins) called "First Position" about entrants to the Youth America Grand Prix international ballet competition. As a ballet teacher, I found it absolutely fascinating and utterly compelling. The film was made without the usual forced melodramatics and it was impossible not to become fully engaged with the aspiring dancers. I was saddened to see that these dancers could only pursue their dreams with the assistance of extremely wealthy parents. I also cringed a bit at the extreme flexibility being forced on such young limbs. 5* thoroughly recommended entertainment.
review image
on 5 September 2015
My 15 year old daughter, said it was ok. I'm bought it on the back of Centre Stage which she hasn't stopped watching. I haven't watched this so the star rating is only upon her reaction. I think the story line wasn't as appealing to her, but that doesn't make it bad!
on 16 January 2014
Wow how hard do these kids train, great documentary about gifted young dancers. The featured dancers were all charming without any of the spoilt or bratty examples you would expect.
Enjoyable even if you are not into ballet.
on 31 July 2013
This film is enjoyable if you like to see the physical hard work and the emotional struggle that goes into mastering classical ballet. The young people featured are delightful. This is a film that I will keep to watch again.
on 2 January 2015
I bought this because it appeared to go with the Michaela De Prince Book 'Taking Flight' I treated myself for Christmas, and I am very glad I did, There is a wealth of talent in the ballet world and this DVD confirms it.
on 18 June 2015
This is a great true story/ documentary about kids trying to make it in the world of ballet - worth seeing and especially if you are imagining putting your children through it - better to know what that means.
on 5 January 2015
I loved this documentary. A lot of uplifting stories. Its nice to see young people so focused and driven. It would be nice to inspire all young people in this way to find their vocation