5.0 out of 5 stars Like Lovecraft but better
I love the way he develops the Vampire origins in this one adding weird time/space anomaly's into his tale of metaphysics over physics and metamorphic monsters.

Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved the first two, can't read this one
Had to abandon it 4% of the way in, I was bored rigid and skipping pages to see if it got better. It didn't.
Published 6 months ago by Stephanie Thielen

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Lovecraft but better, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Necroscope III: The Source (Kindle Edition)

His writing owes a lot to Lovecraft but in my opinion is better and manages to also have elements of a spy thriller blended effortlessly into the mix give it a unique style of its own. All of Lumley's books are well worth reading thought I am particularly fond of the Necroscope series and this is one of my favourites.

Some advice though Necroscope 1 - 5 should be read through in order, so it was odd the published the first one on kindle only after 2,3 and 4 and a petty we most still wait for Necroscope 5 to come to kindle still.

Sadly my paper back copies have all been leant out or lost over the years.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 5 Jan 2014
G. Gronkowski "Gregg" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Necroscope III: The Source (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic continuation of the first two parts. I can't wait for the part IV.. great story which holds me glued to the screen

5.0 out of 5 stars source = I enjoyed re-reading this book., 17 Jun 2013
Jean Smith (Liverpool uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Necroscope III: The Source (Kindle Edition)
I read this book a number of years ago and it was enjoyable again, I consider this series is one of the only vampire ones I have been the least bit interested in. Well worth a second read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Necroscope 3, 19 Jun 2014
Traffic (Kiruna, Sweden) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Necroscope III: The Source (Kindle Edition)
This is the third book in the Necroscope series, and this one sees Harry Keogh once again recruited by the British ESPionage services to find out where various strange monsters have been coming from, somewhere in Russia/Ukraine. Using the teeming dead Harry finds The Source of the Wamphyri world where he believes his long lost son is now living.

The Russian E-Branch sends a team of its people into the Source to investigate what is on the other side, so not only does Harry have to fight the denizens of this new world, but he also has the Russian E-Branch looking for him.

This book is, like the previous two, vary well written and a fast action packed read. I first read these books (1-5) when they first came out in paperback in the mid-late 80’s, and I know have them on my Kindle, working my way through them.

Note on the Kindle version: No proplems at all. (Kindle Fire HDX)

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved the first two, can't read this one, 16 May 2014
Stephanie Thielen (Germany) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars again great book, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Necroscope III: The Source (Kindle Edition)
Necroscope III : the source os the next part of the saga about the Harry Keogh. Lots of interesting turns in the story..

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry finally finds his wife and son., 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Necroscope III: The Source (Kindle Edition)
a great edition to the necroscope series, through an accident at a secret Russian facility, a gateway to the vampire home world is discovered, harry - through contact with the great majority (the dead) - knows that Brenda and harry junior are not among them but also are not on this earth, so he heads for the vampire source world in search of them. I am going on to the next one immediately, although I read some of the necroscope series many years ago, I have really enjoyed reading them again and I am looking forward to reading the ones that I missed first time round. If you like vampire novels and want something different from the norm, then give Brian Lumley's necroscope series a try, you will be horrified and entertained by this series. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Oct 2013
Colin Farrell "Fazfamily" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Necroscope III: The Source (Kindle Edition)
Have read them twice before and now on the Kindle. If you like SciFi/suspense, then you will love this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Nov 2014
This review is from: Necroscope III: The Source (Kindle Edition)
Ace set of books would recommend

Necroscope III: The Source