5.0 out of 5 stars A review of the "Elixir" by someone who is NOT stoned.
Published on 8 Nov 2006 by L. Llewellyn

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, no rating.
Sorry I cannot rate this book, as I have not read it yet. Apparently I have to give another seven words. Ridiculous.
Published 14 months ago by Stephen M. Bedford

5.0 out of 5 stars A review of the "Elixir" by someone who is NOT stoned., 8 Nov 2006
L. Llewellyn "Liza" (Wales) - See all my reviews
You can ignore entirely the person who wrote the review claing that this book is (1) badly written ("painful to read") and (2) does not show any proper sequence of events. Both criticisms are not only nonsense but are worse - they are the exact OPPOSITE of the truth. As a matter of fact the thing most striking thing about this work is its fluent beauty of its "poetic prose" style. It is such a pleasure to read, the words rolling off the tongue like honey. The particular criticism of the word "roseate" in place of "bright" is typically ludicrous - the use of more colourful terms (such as "roseate" in place of the more mundane is called poetry, my friends - it makes reading not more "painful" but infinitely more pleasant. As reagrds criticism two, it is so obviously off-the-mark as to not even require comment or counter-criticism. Read the book and you will see just what I mean.

The Elixir and the Stone is a great book and scholarly work - highly recommended for all students of the Hermetic Tradition.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Jury is Still Out, 10 Oct 2012
Mr. Alasdair B. Gordon (Scotland (UK)) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed reading this book. I cannot pretend that it was an easy read. It contains a great deal of material and many of the names quoted were new to me. How "true" the conclusions of the writers are is not within my competence to judge. However, the book will make the reader think and want to know more. I would think it is essential reading for anyone interested in any way in the subjects of magic and alchemy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Elixir and the stone, 30 Jun 2009
Mrs. Sharon Anderson "sanderson" (Newcastle England) - See all my reviews
I had this book recommended by a friend, it arrived promptly and in excellent condition, it was well priced.
Very pleased with my purchase would use this seller again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, no rating., 11 May 2013