5.0 out of 5 stars Survived a youth camp trip!
Published 18 months ago by Phil

3.0 out of 5 stars Massive backpack but could do with a frame...
I came across this backpack via another site (who's name escapes me). As I've just become a Cub leader I thought it would be useful for getting my rubbish to camp and for hikes with the cubs and scouts as required.

Published 16 months ago by Wayne Skelton-Hough

3.0 out of 5 stars Massive backpack but could do with a frame..., 9 April 2013
This review is from: New Extra Large Hiking Travel Backpack Rucksack Top and Bottom Loading Khaki Navy Red Orange (Misc.)

The backpack appears to be well made with no missed stitching or lose thread (as far as I can see) and I suspect it will last many years of service by someone like me. I do get the impression that this backpack IS NOT aimed at the serious hiker though.

I was a little surprised when I received the backpack as it came flat packed in a cardboard box! The rucksack has no support frame so in order for the pack to remain rigid it has to be packed fully. This is a major drawback in my book and possible something that needs looking at.

Similarly, the waist belt is a little on the skinny side with limited hip padding so if you intend to carry a lot of gear, I suspect this could get quite painful quite quickly.

Having said all that, the backpack is more than adequate for my needs these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived a youth camp trip!, 27 Feb 2013
Phil "Philis Navidaz" (Sunny Sandleheath, UK) - See all my reviews
Took 16 kids away for the weekend and this coped with rain, snow and loads of contents! It has a huge capacity, managed to get all my clothes, sleeping bag, food, entertainment and wash stuff with ease. When walking the straps were comfortable and didn't dig in and look nicer in the flesh than in the picture too. All in all happy although I bought it on a well known auction site for 24.95 when I now realise I could have got it cheaper here. Good quality and a lot of bag for the money, it has loads of pockets and a handy pocket at the bottom so I could access stuff from the bottom and top rather than rifling through the bag. All in all very pleased with the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not hard wearing, 16 Aug 2013
Did it's job on a 4 week trip, but had started to fall to pieces by the end would not recommend for any long or difficult trips

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Festivals, 5 Aug 2013
This bag is huge - fitted all my clothes and more for a 5-night stay at a festival - Download ftw!!
Quality seems good - none of the zips or anything failed. But, I have only used it once and wasn't exactly hiking for 100's of miles so can't comment on the endurance

4.0 out of 5 stars Large and light weight, 20 Jun 2013
Bought this for my 15 year old to take on a D of E hike. She had plenty of space for her gear and our sleeping bag fit into the bottom compartment. I'm not sure how durable it will be and the zip separating the bottom section is difficult to fasten. Her Guide leader said it would have been better if it had straps that could be moved up or down to adjust to her height.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 May 2013
I ordered this product as I was about to do some work at a festival. It is excellent for this kind of use and the top and bottom openings makes it easy to access what you have packed. Being 80L of course means that you can carry quite a lot of kit! The quality is excellent and I look forward to using it at the next festival.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extra Large 80L Hiking Travel Back pack rucksack ........, 26 July 2013
This back pack is not fit for purpose.
Whether it was a manufacturing fault or just poor design, I don't know? but the shoulder straps were stitched at the top, about 3 cm apart which pinched my neck and cramped my shoulders.
The height of the pack could not be adjusted to a comfortable position even at the extremity of the straps. I walked 2 or 3 km with this back pack and was in discomfort the whole way.
I abandoned my planned walk and returned home to find that one of the waist straps had started to become torn from the stitching and would suggest that the bag would not survive a taxi ride to the airport, a flight on a package tour holiday in a hotel and the return trip, let alone a camping holiday weekend.
The person carrying the pack would certainly be in a sorry state if they had walked any longer than a few kilometers with this pack
It was so bad I cut the stitching to see how it had been assembled and it was rubbish.
A couple of "Bags for Life" from the supermarket would have been more comfortable to carry and lasted longer and when they fell appart, you would be given a new one for free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size of DofE bronze award camp trips, 17 May 2013
Bought for my eldest sons first DofE camp trip, fitted everything in nicely, lots of storage, strong.
Couple of small snags when he returned but nothing too bad or that won't mend with a couple of stitches.
Stood up to being lugged about, thrown in and out of a minibus, sat on and whatever else he did to it.

Would have got 5 stars if some of the stitching was doubled up but I guess you get what you pay for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good., 1 July 2014
The zip was already coming away from the bag, stitching undone in other places and the hook handle at the top come off as soon as I tried to use it to pick up the bag with 2 books in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 9 July 2014
As described. Been using for 6 months now for travel between parents home and uni home. Good quality and strong. I plan on using this for Reading fest.

I would however give it a good spray febreze as it had a damp smell to it that does not fade and can end up making your clothes smell the same.