5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says it does!
Published 15 months ago by Mrs C McGregor-Lovell

3.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly but......
It's a shame it constantly flashes. Not ideal for a bedroom, but it works a treat with my ipad 3.
Published 4 months ago by P. Mellors

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says it does!, 12 April 2013
This review is from: LAYENŽ BS-1 Bluetooth Audio Receiver Solution. Single Receiver To Turn Your Bose Series 1 or Early 12v Docking Station Bluetooth: Stream Your Music Wirelessly - Bluetooth Adapter for the Bose 1st Generation/Series 1 Dock (Electronics)
I have owned my series 1 Bose Speakers for a number of years now and think that they are one of the best buys that I have made. As I have progressed through a series of iPhones and an iPad, I considered buying the newer Soundlink Bose Speakers. Great write ups and fantastic as they are, I was loathed to ditch a perfectly good set of speakers and part with almost 300€. After doing a bit of research, I found the solution with this Layen product. Easy to use and works perfectly. One small piece of advice....if you are using with multiple devices, you must disconnect the bluetooth connection on the device that you are using prior to connecting another one.

Honest and reliable description Layen, thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff!, 10 April 2013
John Smith (England, London) - See all my reviews
i have used numerous Bluetooth adapters for my bose soundock 1 and nothing worked until now, great easy usage, good sound quality, i recommend this for anyone wanting a Bluetooth adapter, choose this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 3 April 2013
Had a different device for Xmas that didn't work with my Bose sound dock (having read the Layen info I now know why) and gave up the ghost very quickly so I was a bit wary about trying something else. I need not have have worried as this little gem worked right out of the box and have given a new lease of life to my old sound dock. Hopefully it will last a long time too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works brilliantly!, 6 Mar 2013
This is ideal if you have a Bose series 1 iPod dock. I was looking in to buying a new docking system as I wanted to stream music from my iPad. I had also bought a cheap Bluetooth receiver but this didn't work at all.
This solution works as the adapter changes the voltage.
Now I have saved hundreds of pounds and can still use my excellent speaker. Thank you LAYEN!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great money saving option, 11 Mar 2013
A. Jacobs (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This clever little gadget makes your iPod/iPhone dock bluetooth enabled. I am giving this item 5 stars as it works perfectly and has saved me a lot of money that I would have spent on a new set of speakers with Bluetooth. The seller's customer service is brilliant - I contacted them with a question regarding compatibility with my dock and received an answer within 24 hours. I didn't need it, but it looks like they have a very good returns policy if your dock is not compatible.

You just connect the Bluetooth adapter to the power converter, which makes it compatible with older iPod docks, slot it into the dock and switch it on. Search for Bluetooth devices on your phone/computer and connect. You can then play music from your phone or computer and it plays through your dock. You can sit on the other side of the room from the speakers and play music while working on your Bluetooth enabled computer and have greater control over the playlist using a program like iTunes, play any audio from your phone etc. It's a great idea and has saved me a couple of hundred pounds, which is what I would have needed to pay for some Bluetooth speakers of the same quality as the dock I already owned. I am no audio expert, but to me the audio quality is great, and no sound is lost. Would definitely recommend if you already own a dock and are considering upgrading simply for Bluetooth compatibility.

5.0 out of 5 stars then the rest is easy. Very pleased, 1 July 2014
P. J. Bettley "Bril" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Superb device to give your Bose Soundock a new lease of life. Just take the trouble to find out what generation of Soundock you have, then the rest is easy. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 30 Jun 2014
Works well and for the price can't be faulted, I'd certainly recommend it. It is small, very light, and fits snugly onto the dock. Has occasional hiccups with the connection but I guess that's bluetooth and it's easily reset.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 Jun 2014
Bought the wrong one at first for my original Bose Sound Dock but now this correct one work a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Jun 2014
We bought this instead of buying a new Bose. We made an enquiry about which one to buy before we purchased it which was quickly replied to. We were reassured that if the BS-1 was wrong for us, we could exchange for the other model. When it arrived we plugged it in, followed the simple instructions and we were immediately able to pair the iPad and a phone. Brilliant, we can't say more than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - saved my Sound Docks from landfill, 9 Jun 2014
W. Copeland - See all my reviews
Brilliant device - Just plug it in to your sound dock, pair your phone / tablet / laptop, enjoy the music!
For a few quid I can now use my Bose sound docks again - Apple's changes to the charging plug made my two sound docks useless.
And I can now use them any phone, any tablet and my laptops.
Fully five stars!