Platform: Xbox One|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 28 November 2013
As the title says battlefield 4 looks great and plays great when it doesn't crash or the servers don't kick you out.
on 15 October 2015
No unrealistic sniper kills - that in itself is worth 5*. Enough said.
on 31 January 2014
4 Stars as coming from BF3 it's a great improvement. The graphics and extra online players in one game makes it amazing. Automatically grouped in squads of your friends, and the ability to chat between yourself makes it a winner. Love the added upload your game moments recorded... truly epic. Lacked the 5th star due to bugs! Come on Dice!!
on 22 June 2014
Very poor, kills don't count. Always getting stuck on silly things.
Resets your progression, the list is endless.

Even single player has reset a few times. Should never have been released till it was ready
on 1 December 2013
I expected server problems, but the campaign also keeps crashing my xbox. Hilariously unplayable in its current state and have never experienced anything like it with a video game.

Traded straight in for COD Ghosts.
on 18 July 2014
I've been a battlefield fan for a long time so it pains me to say this is probably the worst multiplayer FPS I've ever played.

It looks gorgeous on the xbox one, probably comparable to running on PC on medium to high settings, though it lacks anti-aliasing to smooth out edges. But beyond the looks everything falls apart.

The lag is worse than any other paid FPS I've ever played, regardless of your connection. I'm almost always on 10-20ms ping but hits constantly don't register (and I can now go back and check that yes, I actually was aimed right at him with the "record that" feature), you're constantly get hit after going round corners, and this is all after months of patches and supposed improvements.
The map designs are great to look at but very often unbalanced, especially in the rush gamemode. Things like impact grenades constantly get spammed making the close quarters maps a mess.

The loadout and attachment systems would be a nice improvement with lots of customisation, but for me and all my friends it constantly doesn't save changes and reverts back to loadouts we set weeks or months ago, an example of the many smaller bugs that wear away at your patience.

It is beyond me how a half competent studio like DICE ever released a game like this, it really is a franchise killer. They say they're committed to fixing it, but it has been months and they've broken just as many things in the patches as they've fixed as far as I can tell. I've tried an awful lot to enjoy this game as battlefield has been so good in the past but it is just the most frustrating experience I've ever had. They had a lot of good ideas but enough bad ones as well and the core gameplay just isn't good.
on 15 January 2014
Everybody has probably heard about the problems with this game and it is truly one of the buggiest games I have ever come across, I was not going to write a review of this until today EA/Dice released a new patch (repair) to stabilise issues. This update has wiped out all my campaign (single player) saves again yes this was the 5th time of having to play through the whole campaign. I have completed it once but now to mop up some of the achievements and collectables i will have to start a 6th full play through rather than being able to select individual missions which you could do if games saves did not get wiped.
There are still problems as well with the multi player which do tend to ruin the game. When spending nearly fifty quid on any other product as faulty as this you can send it back, however as it is a console game once opened it is unreturnable and you have to rely on the charlatans who developed it to fix it. EA/Dice should be ashamed of themselves in releasing such a poor product, worse game I have for my xbox one. Ironically if it worked correctly could be one of the best.
on 3 March 2016
Arrived quickly, works great, great game aswell.
on 9 January 2014
I have played most of the battlefield series on my 360, so when I got my Xbox one I couldn't wait to download it from the Xbox store. The thought of huge battles with next gen graphics was looking like it was going to be epic.

Unfortunately I only got to experience the online facility one or twice over the three weeks that I had the game, it just completely refused to find any games online or booted me out when there was a sniff of joining one.

The single player was hardly anything to write home about and was not the main reason I got the game but I still expected more from £55 worth of next gen gaming - the graphics were ok but nothing over and above what you would find on the 360 and the gameplay is pedestrian and lacking in any imagination, certainly not ground breaking.

It got to the point that I contacted Microsoft support and demanded a refund due to the fact that the game was unplayable.

Microsoft were really good and agreed to refund my purchase they also let slip that they were inundated with similar requests, the person I spoke to even stated that he had exactly the same issues!!

In reality this game should of not been released in its current state, its obviously been rushed to meet the release of the Xbox one and has failed to meet all expectations.

I don't know how DICE will come back from this, lots of people have lost all faith with them and I certainly have no interest in Battle Field 5.

My advice just don't buy it unless you can be sure they have sorted all the issues out which to be frank does not look that likely!
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2014
Goodmorning people/Things, as you can tell from my review title this game is just a warm up for all the COD fanboys/Girls out there to get them ready for their beloved COD-Ghosts which they've been waiting for for a long time now and I actually think this is a far better game than any COD game I've ever played before & I've played all of the current batch.If you've seen any of the trailers for this game on youtube you'll know it looks pretty good, and the trailers should've certainly wetted your appetite and left you wanting more.so without further a do here's my review,enjoy...

The graphics look marginly better than the graphics from Battlefield 3 but they've certainly sacrificed the gameplay to give you the better graphics and I have to say that without any doubt this game sacrifices alot more than just the gameplay of which there wasn't much there to sacrifice in the first place.you get standard multiplayer games some side missions and bonus games and all the usual garbage that you'd expect from games these days.i mean,why would you want to collect dogtags from people that you've killed in the game ? is this a killing game or is it Antiques Roadshow ? what would you need War Memorabilia for in a War Game ? would you need them to prove to your mates that you've actually killed someone ? none of this garbage makes ny sense. In GTA you don't collect car numberplates everytime you steal a car do you ? all you people out there ,and yes there'll be quite a few of you im guessing that be singing the praises of the maps in the game saying how tremendously spectacular they are.they're maps they tell you where you are and where you need to go you'd be able to do the same thing with a compass or a TOM-TOM.which brings me nicely to the off-road buggy which sees you bouncing around on the roads be able to drive everywhere and anywhere and access all manner of different places from the comfort of an Off-Road Buggy,how good does that sound ? my point exactly,it's just a car and not a very safe one at that, it'll leave you open to attacks from everything from knife to gun and don't even drive near anyone that's got a rocket launcher to hand cos if you do it's your ass.the multiplayer side of the game will be enjoyed by countless hundreds of people & thats just me playing with my mates .

Battlefield 4 is an excellent multiplayer game that makes the most of what it's got, proving once again that destruction is a valuable strategic addition to competitive combatbut it aint no COD.

Here's a question for you ,you go to the chippy after a night out and you get ready to order . what's it gonna be ,COD & Chips Or Battlefield & Chips ?
I thought so.

PS : This is the worst point and click sideways scroller I've ever played in my life.