Edition: 250GB|Change
Price:£174.99+ £1.99 shipping

on 8 July 2014
We needed to buy extra cables which was a pain, but now fully working and its great
on 6 June 2014
Of course a big hit with the teenagers. I know very little about these things but x-box seems to be a very popular choice. I didn't want to spend all that money on the latest, my daughters are 11 and 14, this one is great for them. I bought the one with the bigger hard drive as it was recommended. Very happy all round.
on 20 November 2013
I've had about 5 Xbox's over the past years and fancied trying this model.. The new 'E' model.

I was disappointed with my last Xbox 250gb slim model. It seems some have quiet 'Lite-On' DVD drives and others have the noisy 'Hitachi' drives. I was unlucky enough to pick the Fifa 14 (old)slim 250gb bundle that had the noisy 'Hitachi' drive in it. The noise is terrible and I just couldn't stick it.

This is the new 'E' model which looks very similar to the new Xbox One console. It certainly looks nice and has half shiny/matt black look to it and gone are the curves of the slim. It does definately look more modern.

Is this model better you may ask? Er, yes and no.

Quietness -

If you have the slim with the 'Lite-On' drive you will notice no difference. It's a lot quieter than the Hitachi drive though. I was hoping the fan would be quieter than the older slim model, but it's not and just about the same noise level. Quiet but not silent.

Build quality -

The console feels nice and heavy and appears to be good quality.

The pad though actually did feel slighly cheaper in quality than my old slim and was faulty from new.. (d-pad not working properly). When I returned it to the shop they gave me a brand new boxed pad which felt heavier and better quality. So I suspect they have cut the quality.

Controls -

No touch controls now, just click buttons to power on and open drawer - Much better in my opinion!

Sockets -

Oh dear, this is where it fails. No optical out (bad for surround sound and headphones). One less HDMI socket at the back. No component socket, Just HDMI and an AV socket.

Software -

Exactly the same, doesn't run any quicker or slower.

Verdict -

If you've got a nice quiet Xbox slim 250gb - Keep it !!!

If you've got a noisy Xbox or just fancy buying a new one then go for the 'E' model. At least I don't think Hitachi make the drives for them... yet ;o)
55 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 December 2014
Wanted a console but not at full price. EBay was hugely expensive plus 2nd hand seemed very damaged. Got this at a bargain price with Amazon return policy. Very happy with this box. Can watch Amazon Prime and Netflix on my TV now. Ditched my old hard drive. Anybody want a cheap DVD player lol!
on 28 June 2014
I bought this so I could keep in touch with my friends and also play some games with them. The delivery was superp. The console was brilliant and it came with all the stuff you would need to connect to a TV. In a overall summary I would say it is a brilliant buy and would recommend it.
on 8 July 2014
Bought for my son. Good price and quick delivery. The Xbox one is too pricey for a kid and the games for the 360 are much cheaper. There are not likely to discontinue the 360 for a long time because there would be uproar from consumers who can't afford the latest games console.
on 17 April 2014
Well what can I say this is the 3rd xbox bought in the family! I purchased this to have for my grandchildren to play when they visit and I do see them often. These can be all consuming so a little discretion and time out from the xbox is needed! Still a great item.
on 26 January 2015
Great product, super silent compared to the previous versions of this console. Love the Xbox One design I have a One placed on my desk and had to upgrade my 360 to this just specifically for the looks and performance on this console compared to It's previous models
on 6 November 2013
Am happy with this as it's smaller than the last and a lot quieter too enjoy the games it has too
on 26 March 2014
Arrived very quickly, packaging good. Easy to set up and very easy to use. Graphics are so clear with the additional purchase of the HDMI cable. My 13 year old son is already addicted to Minecraft like so many others of his age!! Great fun and great product!!