Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£1.89

on 28 March 2013
Nicely layered synths with elements of Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, a bit of NIN, with vocals that are sweet without ever becoming overly saccharine.
My new favourite band.
on 4 April 2013
Glasgow has a recent history for powerful gloomy music like Mogwai, Arab Strap, Twilight Sad etc. Chvrches seem to marry their melodic power with a catchier wider appeal. Crashing guitars are replaced by catchy synths and you can't help but fall in love with Lauren Mayberry's vocals.

After repeated listening of The Mother We Share and Lies, I was anxious to hear more and am not disappointed. As you would expect, the title track is the best song here but the whole EP is confirmation that Chvrches are a band to keep an eye on.
on 8 April 2013
Brilliant EP, the three original tracks are all superb, and the remixes are pretty good too (although I'm holding out hope that 65daysofstatic eventually do a remix for them).

This isn't 'normally' the sort of music I'd seek out, but I'm interested in everything Cook does musically. I'm expecting the full album to be stunning. This could be big.
on 29 May 2013
A very good ep, makes me want to hear more of CHVRCHES, discappointed there were 3 versions of the title track though, rather than adding a new song entirely, they have such great stuff on you tube. (The Mother we share). can't wait for the full album to be released on CD
on 22 April 2013
If you did not manage to get a copy of the limited edition 12” WRD release of Recover then this download will fill the gap. The trio of Lauren Mayberry, Martin Dohery, and Ian Cooks formed in Glasgow during 2011. Recover is a nice piece of synth pop, good melody, nice bass, synth lines and Mayberry’s wonderful vocals. Doherty leads vocals on “ZVVL” and unfortunately he does not have the same presence as Mayberry and really the guys should consign themselves to backing vocals. This could be Chvrches downfall if all three members see themselves as lead vocalists. I say leave the vocals to the woman – she does a better job! The first remix of Revover is rather good, the 80’s Remx rather less so – sounds like recover sped up. Overall a better release than their debut ‘The mother we share’ and worth a download.
on 25 September 2013
Production wise, a bit overcompressed but it's such a great song I can forgive that. The main version is easily my favourite but the other mixes add a nice bit of variation.
on 4 April 2013
I was looking forward to the new Chvrches EP since i heard The Mother We Share and was excited to listen to this, but was ultimately disappointed by tracks 2 and 3, and then 4 and 5 are just remixes...

Good thing the title track is good, VERY GOOD and for that i give it a 3.
on 15 April 2013
Worth your money if you're into Electropop, its uplifting and nice on the ears! It's got a similar feel to some of the stuff Ladytron put out so if you like them then this should be up your street.
on 6 August 2013
Love it. Recover is just a perfect pop song. Massive melody, massive production. Cant wait for the album based on this. Should have great things ahead of them.
on 5 August 2013
Interesting mixture of songs on here. The songs, zvvl and Now is Not the Time are different and also good. A good quality E.P. I look forward to the album.