5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Masterclass!
I'm no expert in rock, I do know what I like but I have no idea what to call this (although I think that the official term is melodic rock) but I grew up with the music of the 80's and to me this album has the essence of early Bon Jovi at their enthusisatic, energetic and elemental best brought up to date with modern production values, vocals and instrumentation...
Published 17 months ago by J D Pearson

3.0 out of 5 stars Vega-2nd offering.
Rockier that the classic first album (on purpose say the band) but still great entertainment from this UK band. Well worth a look at but personally prefer the slicker 1st album.
Published 16 months ago by Mr. R. Hutchinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Masterclass!, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: What The Hell! (MP3 Download)

I liked the first album ('Kiss of Life') but that didn't have the variety, energy and drive that this one does, this album is a categoric step up and I'd like to think a step into the big league for Vega. Good luck boys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: What The Hell! (Audio CD)
I freely admit - I've followed Nick Workman since his days in the widely under rated band Kick. Since their split, I've bought all albums with his following bands Eden and WildKard. Neither of these really did it for me. They were ok - but they were, to me, 'Mehh'. I honestly thought Nick's voice was stretched too far in those outings (and he does have quite a range).

I bought Vega's first album and thought it was brilliant.

I've listened to What the Hell for the 4th time and I can't stop playing it. It's outstanding in every sense. Musically, speed and variations. The drumming is on another level

They are a stadium level band in my opinion. My concern is they'll be held back by poor management and support from the record company like Kick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vega - What The Hell., 26 April 2013
This review is from: What The Hell! (Audio CD)
This is a good little album from a new band that should have a bright future in front of them. If Bon Jovi were just starting out today, this could be the sort of stuff they would be playing. It is essentially in the hard rock/AOR vein. Good songs, good riffs and melodies, but not quite as good as their debut album. A must listen if this is your kind of thing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Vega-2nd offering., 18 April 2013
Mr. R. Hutchinson (Grimsby UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant !!!!, 14 April 2013
Stephen J. Murray (Sheffield England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What The Hell! (Audio CD)
Not sure why these guys can't sell shedloads of CD's given most of the dross around these days.
Fantastic songs, sung by a brillian singer !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT THE HELL!!...CHECK IT OUT......, 12 April 2013
V. Chasirtzoglou "Heavy Paradise" (kavala, GREECE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What The Hell! (Audio CD)
After their impressive debut album, Nick Workman's VEGA present their second effort which is titled "What The Hell!". Their first release was a great sample of 80's pure AOR/Melodic Rock stuff with a modern twitch and Workman's amazing vocal performances. The collaboration with the Martin brothers, for the songwriting, gave to VEGA the extra push to present some incredible and inspired catchy tunes.

For "What The Hell!" the band continues to deliver its catchy, powerful and up-tempo stuff mixed with some modern melodic rock elements as well. The influences from bands such as Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, U2 and in some parts from The Rasmus are obvious but overall the band is keepin' its own identity and the final result is just brilliant. The sound here is 'punchier' regarding their debut and Nick Workman's vocal performances are top notch. Every single track here rocks big time; from the 'hair metal' anthem of "What The Hell" to the catchy rockers "Cry" and "Bless My Soul" but, also, to the excellent pop-ish tune of "Saviour" and the beautiful mid-tempo "Fade Into The Flames" you are going to discover a really great album without fillers!!

Over the last week this album is on daily basis into my cd player! I really enjoyed every single track from "What The Hell!"; it has a positive and feel-good vibe in it but also an excellent musicianship, a solid production, powerful performances and some really catchy as hell tracks in it! Brilliant stuff!!!! (ORIGINALLY WRITTEN FOR Heavy Paradise)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: What The Hell! (Audio CD)
I stumbled across Vega thanks to a Classic Rock CD last year, and bought their Kiss Of Life album on a whim. Absolute genius. What The Hell! continues apace, long story short if you're a fan of strident, uplifting, anthemic melodic rock this is for you.

I wouldn't really class myself as a follower of this type of music (I actually prefer indie rock/heavier metal), but when the songs crafted so beautifully you can't help but be swept away.

I really hope these guys get the recognition their music deserves.

Great stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highway To Hell!, 29 April 2013
T. Spitzer - See all my reviews
This review is from: What The Hell! (Audio CD)
Vega's first CD was superb, "What The Hell!" is brilliant, all killer no filler. Probably the best Melodic rock band in the UK? damned close, buy this NOW!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 29 July 2013
This review is from: What The Hell! (Audio CD)
Vega are great brand with interesting and alternative music. They write their own songs and they are equally as good and entertaining live in concert. Sound is in some ways similar (but obviously different) to Bon Jovi.

What The Hell!