5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Immortally Embraced, An Urban Fantasy Romance (Monster MASH, Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
great book - loved it and have all the others too

5.0 out of 5 stars Such fun entire series, 19 May 2014
Carmen Schmitt (London UK) - See all my reviews
I loved these books, ready with a smile on my face. Such a fun and entertaining book. Angie Fox is a great writer and she is full of surprises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked it, 28 Mar 2014
The second in this series...not as good as the first one but I still really enjoyed it though. However the female protagonist, Petra is so flighty...how quickly she changed her love interesting Galen to Marc! It does however, make me look forward to reading the third one to see how it all plays out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 20 Jan 2014
really enjoyed it and looking forward to reading the last book in the series to see what happens and find out how it ends.

5.0 out of 5 stars an original storyline, 11 May 2013
M. Heron "maryheron1" (liverpool england) - See all my reviews
this is the second book in a new series, Dr petra robichaud works in a mash unit situated at the gates of hell/hades, caught up in a war between the old and new gods, ( think zeus, ares etc) her job to patch up the immortal warriors so they can get back tot he battles. Unfortunatly she can also see the dead, and if this got out she would soon find herself dead due to a prophecy which states she will be responsible for ending the war. So she works in the mash unit sharing her bunkhouse with a werewolf and a vampire, just trying to stay out of trouble. In book one petra gets involved with commander Galen an immortal warrior who discovers her secret and convinces her she has to accept her fate and work to end the war (with his help) along the way the two fall deeply in love. As book two begins there is a tentative truce in place but there are rumblings the peace will not last long and the mash units are preparing for hostilities to re-commence, added to which Galen is suddenly re-called to his unit. I do not want to give away too much of the plot, as there is a major twist which totally changes the way you though the story was going to go, again Petra has to risk her life to keep the peace accord in place, the cast of characters is amazing, the world petra lives in is fascinating you cannot read this book fast enough to learn what happens next, i cannot wait for the next installment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Monster M*A*S*H book 2, 8 Mar 2013
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Since the truce between the old and new gods has put a temporary stop to the huge number of casualties that Petra's MASH unit have been trained to deal with things have been a little quieter for Petra and her colleagues. The lull in emergencies has left more time for them to get back to being normal doctors though and Petra is enjoying having the chance to work with regular patients again. Life is pretty good until her lover Galen is called back to work to lead his team on a super secret mission. The fact that she might never see him again would be bad enough but it's made even worse when he dumps her before he leaves. Petra doesn't have much time to wallow in her heartbreak before a blast from the past makes a shocking reappearance. He was drafted to the other side and now he needs her help but can Petra sneak into enemy territory and make it back in one piece? Even if she agrees to help can she really trust a man who has already broken her heart once before? Things are about to get complicated.

I really enjoyed Immortally Yours so I couldn't wait to get my hands on Immortally Embraced. I have to admit that this book was nothing like I expected but thankfully that doesn't mean I enjoyed it any less. I was completely shocked when Galen walked away from Petra and I was even more shocked at the arrival of someone from her past! I can't say who it is because I would hate to spoil the surprise but trust me it was the last person I expected. I'm not normally a fan of love triangles so I was a bit sceptical when the new guy first appeared on the scene but I have to say that it was handled really well and I actually found myself falling for the new guy right alongside Petra. To be fair I have a bit of a thing for dragon shifters so that was a big bonus in his favour!

I so badly want to talk more about the new guy and why I loved him so much but I'm wary of the fact that anything I say could end up turning into an unintentional spoiler. I'm just going to leave it by saying I loved how much he cared for Petra and although I could understand why she was so angry with the things he did in the past I was also able to see why he did it and forgive him for it. Petra is still a great heroine, she isn't the strongest person - especially compared to the supernatural creatures she is surrounded by - but she is brave and intelligent. I respect the fact that she always stands up for what she believes in, even when it gets her into trouble, and I admire her for her determination to try and stop the war.

Immortally Embraced was just as much fun to read as the first book in the series, the humour is fantastic and had me giggling to myself several times as I was reading. I also enjoyed the relationship development between Petra and the new guy and am now extremely curious to see what is going to happen in the final book, Immortally Ever After, which will be released in August. I honestly don't know if I want to see her end up with Galen or new guy which is very unusual for me - I tend to be quick to pick a side when it comes to love triangles! If you enjoyed the first book in the series then you're going to love this one just as much (even if you're not a fan of love triangles so don't let that put you off because this is far from your average one!). If you're new to the series then I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a fun and light hearted paranormal romance that is full of humour, great characters and a nice amount of smut. I would suggest starting with the first book, Immortally Yours, though so you can get the most out of the ongoing storyline with the war between the old and new gods.