5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet and phone
This is much better than the Ipad mini, much faster and at a lower price and it's a phone to boot!

It's not a phone that can be used conventionally, it's way too big! However, it does has its plus points which far outweigh the size.

1.) Great for browsing.
2.) Brilliant for email, you won't need a magnifying glass.
3) Extremely fast and you...
Published 9 months ago by Mr. R. Felstead

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing tablet
Published 3 days ago by Asil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet and phone, 6 May 2014
Mr. R. Felstead "Bob Felstead" (South Dakota, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 16GB 3G + WiFi simfree - white (Personal Computers)

1.) Great for browsing.
2.) Brilliant for email, you won't need a magnifying glass.
3) Extremely fast and you can do 2 things at once.
4) If you have a Samsung TV or Blue Ray, you won't need chromecast. This does this straight out of the box.
5) 48Gb dropbox storage for free for 2 years. (I use this a lot).
6) Memory, upgradable to 80Gb with card, you can't do that with an ipad.
7) Sim Free, tried this on O2, GiffGaff and 3. All work, even PAYG GiffGaff!
8) Comes with charger and wired headset which allows you to make calls. Personally, I've invested in a blue tooth headset.

If you are looking for something that will give you the best of both worlds (phone & tablet) at this price you can't go wrong, plus you'll have cash left in the bank.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me jump into the 21st century!, 20 Jun. 2013
Bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 with wi-fi and 3G at a local shop (don't trust my local post woman to safely deliver anything this valuable) about a month ago and I'm loving it. I can keep up with e-mails or look stuff up on the net on the go, and revise Office stuff if I have to, show folks my photos (which I can edit first) on a decent sized screen, use it as an e-reader or view downloaded videos (I never bought a portable DVD reader, now I don't need one) while sitting on trains - all in a unit the size of a paperback book which fits in my reasonably-sized handbag. The S-pen takes a bit of getting used to but following the many videos on YouTube helps a lot. Might acquire some Apps soon to expand its repertoire. Only thing is to sometimes remember it's more smartphone than PC, but for my purposes it's great. Battery life might be an issue, but if you're somewhere civilised with 240V on tap you'll manage. Off on my travels this weekend so I'll really put it to the test.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 11 Jan. 2014
M. Meszaros (UK) - See all my reviews
I don't want to write a comprehensive review really, just point out on the main feature why I personally love this tablet so much: HANDWRITING!

If you are someone like me, who loves writing by hand (did you know you remember handwritten notes better than typed ones?), but also tends to edit your notes a lot, this is the thing for you. Its special pen, called S-pen, is a very unique stylus in that it has a fine nib and really allows sophisticated handwriting UNLIKE ANY OTHER TABLET. I use a free app called "Write" to take notes from books and articles. It lets you insert rows, move/replace whole paragraphs, choose your colour or pen thickness before and after writing something etc., - you just couldn't do this with pen&paper. The tablet is also able to convert your handwriting to typed notes - a feature that you can use wherever you'd type anything (e-mails, facebook, chats, whatever). If you're a student you're gonna love the fact that you can write and draw and edit during your lectures (so flexible!), and then share your notes with one "click"...

Handwriting doesn't stop at "notes". The S-Note app offers you daily/weekly/monthly planners and calendars that you can fill in by hand, great postcard backgrounds (I sent my handwritten e-cards to friends this Christmas - they loved it!), you can jot down recipes including photos you take, travel journals, you name it.

The S-pen allows incredibly sophisticated drawing/painting as well (great pressure sensitivity!), so if you're an artist, this is why you may want to choose a Note. I'm not, but have a friend who is, and he creates some incredible art on his 10" tablet.

The other unique feature is the split screen when you can use 2 applications at the same time. Eg. googling train departure times in the upper window and taking notes of them in the bottom window. Pretty handy.

I think these things make the Note series very unique. No, it doesn't have retina screen and 98 megapixel camera in it, but the screen seems to my human eyes just crystal-clear and perfect, and I'm not gonna take high art photos with my tablet (the ones it takes are very decent, everyday shots).

In general, the tablet is very fast, reliable, looks gorgeous, and the 8" is I think just a better size than 7" for travelling around. I wouldn't swap this tablet for anything else!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unable to use phone on Most Networks, 9 Nov. 2013
This is a fantastic Product But if you are proposing to use the phone function As is your wont
Check your Network provider first as 3 or 2 1/2 formally known as Three have now classed it as a tablet.

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing tablet, 26 Feb. 2015
First the mobile data in the tablet I received does not work although I have used different sim cards ! This is really strange ! Second, when the tablet is connected to the charger, it starts to make weird sounds; sometimes I feel it might explode especially when it is left in the charger after it gets fully charged ! None of the mobiles or tablets I have used make this sound whether it is partly or fully charged. Finally, suddenly while I am using it the battery will fall from 56% to 4% and the notifications will ask me to charge it ! How can the battery falls from 56% to 4% within minutes of using Facebook ! Not GPS for sure ! I am 100% unsatisfied with this product, I can understand if any of the above happened after 1 year of use but not after 2 months of use ! Moreover, it keeps asking me to update the software even after minutes of updating it ! What kind of tablet is this !
Regards
Asil

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Oct. 2014
Amazing battery life. Using it to write this review. Would highly recommend this

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung galaxy note 8.0, 12 Sept. 2013
Very good product bought this samsung galaxy note 8.0 for the wife to replace her misplaced note2 she is over the moon with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tablet. Only criticism is what another reviewer wrote ..., 21 Jan. 2015
Fantastic tablet.
Only criticism is what another reviewer wrote regarding the swines at 3.
I was using it as BOTH a phone and a Tablet for about 5 weeks , then 3 sent out the kill code which meant I couldnt use it as a combined unit again.
POOR SHOW 3!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug. 2014
R. A. Lowe "Adrian" (England) - See all my reviews
Excellent, as expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars battery life, 13 Dec. 2014
If the tablet did not have such a short battery lifemy rating would be 5 stars.