1.0 out of 5 stars Top screen cracked within 6 months, for no reason, 1 May 2014
At the beginning I liked, besides the price (expensive) the ultrabook appeared well designed and, honestly, it is beautiful and impressive. However, after 3 months of use I noticed some problems when using the dual screen. The software was not able to keep configurations and definitions, so every time I changed the screen I needed to configure everything again.
Dual screen proved useful in a work environment, besides the angle of screen I was able to use it in a meeting. No complaints from my colleagues.

However, the reason of my 1 star rating. 6 months later the outer screen cracked for no reason. My computer did not fall, did not bump, nothing at all. It was charging on the table and when I got it again for use I noticed a crack. After this I looked in the web for others opinions and I realized this is used to be a common fault with the "gorilla glass" from Asus (I am afraid it is not a gorilla glass). Now I am in contact with ASUS support centre, but I am pretty sure they will not repair it under warranty.

Now I have a single ultrabook which I payed double price, considering I can not use it as a tablet anymore. Sadly! If you are reading this, do not fall in temptation. The Asis 11.6 Taichi Convertible is beautiful, but very very sensible. Do not buy it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great, except problems when upgraded to Windows 8, 29 Jun 2014
T. Hutchings - See all my reviews
Great, except problems when upgraded to Windows 8.1 and an update (unknown). Had to return it after 5 months of great use. Asus fix the software problem then a great machine. Displays are superb dispaly quality.