5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!
What a brilliant book - an assuredly written blend of mystery, fantasy, romance, struggle, and above all, humour running throughout like a vein of gold.

Published 22 months ago by Listener from London

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5
Published 6 months ago by Sadie Forsythe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1) (Kindle Edition)

The characters were great, and I found myself identifying and enjoying the suborned sterotypes, the offspring of Mr Haworth's twisted imagination and the cliched characters we all know and love. The plot keeps you guessing and I was just happy to be along for the ride by the end.

I don't normally write longer than the minimum 20 word reviews, but I'm driven to it by this gem. Thank you Mr Haworth.

Especially if your palate is a little jaded at the moment, buy this book, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average vampire fare, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1) (Kindle Edition)
Definitely not twilight-esque or a paranormal romance written for teens, and for me, that's a good thing. Our 600 plus year old vampire isn't handsome, he's not even very likable, but his exploits as a blood sucking killer who holds down three jobs are entertaining and like other reviewers have said, funny. You can't hate a guy who figures it's more moral to choose his prey from 'bad' people like email spammers and Jehovah Witnesses!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun, 1 July 2013
Angie T.D. (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book, I loved the humour and the fact it was so different to the usual vampire books, I like them too but its great to read some thing in the genre that is so original.One word of advice, don't read this book in public, you will find yourself laughing out loud at some some things so you might get some strange looks! I really liked the main character,and some of the others, really good fun and I liked the writing style,it was a winner for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1) (Kindle Edition)
Certainly not your usual vampire story, much better really. A six hundred year old vampire with a wicked sense of humour on death row for the one murder he didn`t actually commit. Not revealing any spoilers otherwise. Definately worth reading for all paranormal lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biting satire (sorry), 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1) (Kindle Edition)
Wasn't expecting much going into this but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really enjoyed this book, so much so that I finished it in one sitting. It's a highly funny take on the vampire genre and well worth reading. I'm off now to get the rest of the books in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1) (Kindle Edition)
Such a good book! A different spin on the "usual" vampire books. Funny, witty and incredibly entertaining. Got this book as a kindle freebie and have now bought, and started, the following 2 books! A great read :)

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1) (Kindle Edition)
Dark Moonlighting is a bit hard to review. It's satire and as satire it's quite funny. If I hadn't known going in that it was meant to be sarcastic, I'd probably be accusing the author of having the sense of humour of a 5th grader, but as purposeful humour it's pretty good. I'd recommend the book for anyone who's familiar with or has a love for TV cop and medical dramas.

The problem is that the joke got old at about half way through the book. At about that point, two things happened roughly simultaneously. One, the jokes (for lack of a better word) became predictable and thus lost their lustre, and two, the satire went from being relatively subtle to openly interacting with/through the characters and story. This made the whole thing feel slapstick and clumsy instead of cleaver and satirical (even when some of this same clumsiness was, in itself, a satire). Dr. Condo and the FBI agents were especially heavy-handed and groan-inducing.

The writing is pretty good. I found it to be well edited. I enjoyed the autobiographical nature of the story and especially liked the ending. All and all, an enjoyable enough book, even if I preferred the first half to the second.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1) (Kindle Edition)
Mr Haworth, you have a touch of the Christopher Moore about your writing. Excellent story, very well crafted, professionally delivered with a great plot line. It is difficult to put an original spin on the vampire genre but this book manages it superbly with a new angle on the myth and fleshed out with some laugh out loud moments and a wicked streak of humour throughout. A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 12 July 2014
Fren (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1) (Kindle Edition)
Odd, funny and really good. I can't think of anything to compare it to. I loved the little digs at TV shows like Bones and House.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark Moonlighting, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1) (Kindle Edition)
Good read to lose yourself in for a couple o hours, fast paced and keeps you wondering all throughout with its wicked situations and indepth slant on werewolves and vampires. Recommended if like either genres.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dark Moonlighting (Volume 1)