5.0 out of 5 stars Contigo West Loop Autoseal Mug
As a coffee addict who travels over an hour to get to work, I got quite frustrated with many different types of travel mugs I tried. They kept my coffee warm but all had the same problem: They were leaking. So I had a look at what else is on offer and when I read the good reviews for this product, I decided to spend a bit more and ordered it.

It arrived safely...
Published on 3 May 2012 by AquaCat

3.0 out of 5 stars Lid has funny taste
Mug arrived promptly next day. Good design, keeps drink hot upto the 2 hours I've tried so far. Even though its been washed a few times the lid still has a funny taste when you drink from it.
Published 5 months ago by Karen Watts

5.0 out of 5 stars Contigo West Loop Autoseal Mug, 3 May 2012

It arrived safely and after cleaning it to make sure I don't have unwanted smells or an unpleasant taste in my coffee, I wanted to see how good it really is. I wouldn't normally let my coffee sit there for hours but I was curious to find out how long the mug keeps it hot. After 3,5 hours (full mug), it was still quite hot and even after I drank some, it didn't cool down as quick as it does in my other travel mug. The plastic lid doesn't smell or taste weird and that's another plus because I have another travel mug which wasn't cheap and it took a long time to get rid of that plastic taste and smell.

The Contigo West Loop has a good size. I have what I would call medium sized hands and I find it very easy to push the button at the back of the lid, which is partially rubberised. So far, I didn't burn myself because the coffee doesn't come shooting out and I won't end up with a lot more in my mouth than I expected. The lid also has a hole (autosealed) to let steam escape when you're drinking from it.

I've tried a lot to make this mug leak but I guess unless I use brute force, it's not that easy. I had a full mug sitting upside down for hours, walked around while shaking it, put it in my bag, on the car seat. Nothing. It doesn't leak. I finally found my perfect travel mug! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars the best travel mug ever, 10 April 2014
Jacqueline (Dumbarton, Dunbartonshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I love this mug! I've been using this for a while now as it takes me ages to drink a hot drink. I can fill this at 8am, throw it in my backpack and it's still too hot to drink by 11am if you don't vent the stream. I am usually still sipping my apple tea by lunchtime and it's still hot!

I've read others saying it's hard to clean but I've found it fine. A squirt of washing up liquid, boiling water and a good shake is fine. Occasionally I'll leave it to soak and use a bottle brush, but a colleague of mine usues a denture tablet for coffee stains about once a month.

I use mines daily and the paint is starting to chip off of the bottom, there are a few scratches and a small chip on the side, I have the green one and considering I throw it in my bag and have dropped it a few times it looks great.

Handy tip - you can use this in a well known coffee chain and get 25p off the price. Great for a hot chocolate to go. Ask for the smallest size, they fill it right up to the top anyway 😜

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Travel Mug EVER, 5 May 2013
Last year I realized that I was spending over 500 Euro buying coffee at work. This was definately an area that I could address in order to save money!! I purchased a Tassimo coffee maker (Espresso..Latte...Cappucinos...) in order to make some quality coffee at home. Now I needed to find a way to safely transport my lovely coffee to work. I read all of the reviews and watched customer videos that rated this Contigo West Loop Autoseal Mug and decided to splurge (you get what you pay for!). Well, it has been 5 months now since my purchase and I can honestly say that this travel mug is worth it's weight in gold! I warm up the mug with hot water and then fill as recommended to below the cap threads. I then throw the mug into my handbag. Never once has this mug dripped or leaked or spilled a single millilitre of liquid!!! The seal on the lid is amazing! When you depress the "serving button" you can hear the hiss as the heat and pressure is released. My coffee stays hot in the mug for 3 hours and there isn't any taste of plastic off of the cap. The mug itself is very stylish and has a great ergonimic design... feels great to hold! I absolutely love this travel mug and would DEFINATELY purchase another. I am saving a fortune by making my own specialty coffee and am confident that this mug will transport the contents safely. I cannot recommend this product enough. DO NOT HESTITATE.....BUY THIS ONE!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Travel Mug!, 6 Nov 2011
I was looking for a new travel mug having been through several cheaper versions over the past few years. I liked the look of this one and although initially wary due to the price, once I had read all the positive reviews I thought it could be worth a gamble. I was not disappointed.......it is a gorgeous colour, keeps my drink hot for hours, allows just the right amount of liquid out so you don't burn your mouth, and best of all it doesn't leak in my bag!!
I am thrilled with this product-well worth the money in my opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 28 April 2014
Sleek design, leak proof, easy to clean. Great value at 12.60. Would definitely recommend for both hot and cold drinks

5.0 out of 5 stars Looooove this mug, 26 April 2014
It is the best travel mug that I have ever seen. No spills! and very nice design. Though it is a bit heavy but I do not mind.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lid has funny taste, 19 Mar 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars The colour comes off!, 6 Mar 2014
I love this mug! its brilliant BUT the colour of the mug has started to come off only weeks into using it.

Its starting to look years old now and a little embarassing. This after very good care whilst washing etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Steel Coating is Subject to Marks/Scratches, 28 Jan 2014
From my experience the mug is fashionable, retains heat very well and the auto seal button is extremely handy when your 'on the go'. However, care must be taken not to scratch or drop the mug as marks are highly visible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth for money, 8 July 2012
Very nice cup a little bit expensive but after an hour walking there is no leaking very impressive. Idefinitely recommend it. ;)