4.0 out of 5 stars Noooooooo!! I wanted more!
Noooooooo!! I wanted more!
So I waste no time searching for more information on the series to see what can be expected next!
Then I got all excited because I noticed that there is a sequel 'All Over You' to be released November 2012 <---- Yay!!.
And then was deflated when I noticed it is a prequel not a sequel!
Sigh...
So I am disappointed...
Published 22 months ago by Amber

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story..............
Published 21 months ago by An avid reader.

4.0 out of 5 stars Noooooooo!! I wanted more!, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
Noooooooo!! I wanted more!
And then was deflated when I noticed it is a prequel not a sequel!
Sigh...
So I am disappointed about how short this novel ended.
BUT..
...then I found Emily Snow's website and found out the 2nd and final book in the Devoured Series 'Consumed' will be released January 15, 2013 <-------- Happy Dance!!! *sigh of relief*

Can't wait!
I will definitely be buying and reading ALL the books in this series!

However I give this book a 3.5 rating.
It definitely does NOT deserve a 3 rating. And since I can't rate halves on Amazon, I had to rate it a full 4* rather than 3.5* which I think it deserves imo.

There were some glaring grammatical errors. A bunch of typos. And some missing words and extra words. And my personal favourite - There instead of They're.
But it wasn't too distracting and I could read past it without it getting on my nerves too much.

This was an easy enjoyable read.

Even though I adore Lucas Wolfe, he just does not make a credible Dom imo. But this definitely does not distract from his undeniable dark, bad-boy, Rock Star Hotness!!! *swoons*

Troubled Sienna Jensen with her mommy-issues and altruistic personality is a charming and challenging Submissive. She is the one that said NO! And she drives Lucas Wolfe absolutely crazy!

This story is deliciously erotic.

And now that I know that there is an actual sequel following in a few months time I can DEFINITELY recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Falls slightly short at the hurdle, but a satisfying read., 12 Oct 2012
Amazon Customer (Wiltshire, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
BOOK REVIEW - Devoured - Emily Snow.
3.5 - 4*

Sienna Jensen is a selfless, endearing, twenty-three year old wardrobe set assistant, living in California with her best friend, Tori. Past events had fuelled her relocation, as growing up with a drug-addict Mother and a Father who shirked responsibility, could at times, be a little turbulent. If it wasn't for the nurturing love and support of their Grandmother, life could have taken a very different turn - so therefore when Si gets an urgent call from her Brother, Seth, with news of a foreclosure on the childhood house they both grew up in, Sienna drops her life back in California and uses a majority of her savings to jump on a plane to Nashville, to offer her support to their beloved Grandmother.

Attending the court hearing proceedings, Sienna is overwhelmed with disbelief and anger when she realises the buyer of her Grandmother's property is none other than Lucas Wolfe, a successful Rock Star... and a past mistake.

Lucas is surprised to learn that Sienna is back in town - after all, how could he ever forget the `one who got away.' Clocking her in the Courtroom, he takes it upon himself to follow her to a local café' where he unsurprisingly receives a very frosty reception.

As past feelings start to make an appearance in the present, Lucas takes it upon himself to get close to Sienna once more, so gives her an ultimatum: spend ten days as his personal assistant, and succumb to his every whim, and he will deliver the deeds of the house back to her Grandmother, upon completion.

With the offer on the table, and a quiet friendly ear in the form of Kylie, Lucas' Sister, Sienna accepts the deal, with an iron-clad will that nothing is going to happen between them, but as mutual attraction grows, and a friendly intimacy develops- it's only a matter of time before the girl next door, falls in over her head with the gorgeous Rock Star and finally succumb to the one thing he wants from her.... Beg!

This book is a typical Girl Next Door falls for the bad-boy, promiscuous, rich Rock Star, but with a heroine I actually liked! Sienna put everyone first, and wouldn't say boo to a goose - until Lucas. He was the only one that could fuel the inner fire, rile her up so she could find her voice, while in another breath; stoke the flames with his intense, dominant demeanour that at times got me a little excited and hot under the collar. But that was the downfall, it was only a little and why this book is a 3.5 - 4star, because it wasn't accentuated enough. I wanted more from this book. I wanted the fireworks but instead I got scenes that were cut short and the end, although satisfying, was too abrupt.

This is however a good read, and I stayed up until gone midnight to finish it, because it kept me entertained. I just think, personally, that instead of marking this as a series, and awaiting a 2nd book, it would have worked better and been a more satisfying read as one larger novel.

3.5 - 4*

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamy with a VERY hot man inside! Wow., 30 July 2014
Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Devoured (Paperback)
Sienna had no plans at all to return home after she graduated from college, as her dreams lay in California. But after hearing her grandmother’s Nashville home has been foreclosed and she could be homeless, Sienna has no choice but to return, where she comes face to face with Lucas – the flawed gorgeous man she thought she’d never see again, and who now holds the deeds to her grandmother’s estate. Millionaire rockstar Lucas Wolfe is surprised to see Sienna, and he can’t get the night they spent together out of his mind. With the chemistry still between them, Lucas makes a deal with her – if she spends ten days with him playing by his rules, he will hand over the deeds, and as Sienna agrees, she realises that at any moment she could be devoured…

I LOVED Devoured…..WOW. That is the only word that came to my mind after I had finished the last page. I went through so many emotions whilst reading this – and I was racing through the pages desperate to know what would happen between Lucas and Sienna.

Emily Snow’s writing is FANTASTIC, her descriptions are so vivid that I could clearly picture every scene in my mind, and oh EMILY DEFINITELY KNOWS HOW TO BUILD UP TENSION. Woah. I spent a good portion of the book hanging on to every single word that Emily had written, and dying for things to progress further with Sienna and Lucas, the sexual tension between them is incredible, it is electric and I found myself hooked and always hoping for more!

I really liked Sienna, I loved her attitude in life and I love how she cared so much for her grandmother and would do anything for her. I LOVED Lucas…he’s a millionaire rockstar who happens to be very gorgeous and sexy – my life was made! His interactions with Sienna were brilliant – I liked the things he said, the things he did – this is a man with a past and his own background secrets but oh you can’t help falling in love with him and completely rooting for them!

Reading Devoured has left me wanting more and I cannot wait to read the next one! Devoured is hot, sizzling, and comes with a sexy man to drool over! Enjoying devouring this steamy novel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
Really good story can't wait to read the next book. Couldn't stop reading,even woke up in the night and straight away picked up kindle to read more
!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story.............., 11 Nov 2012
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
Yes this is a good story but I actually found it hard to connect with the characters, this may have had something to do with how it was written the wording didn't feel that if flow off the pages comfortably. That said it was still a good read and I did enjoy it. Like some others I wasn't sure what to make of Lucas and although he came good I still don't know what to feel about him, I will read book 2 as I was quite surprised at the end to see there was going to be another book. I want to see how Lucas handles himself and I kinda in some instances just don't understand Sienna's character. Apparantly her first boyfriend was dominant and she didn't handle it well, she also had a difficult upbringing and then she allows herself to be a submissive to Lucas? I just don't get the character at all I suppose? But then she is striving for independance for herself............ She seems totally unsettled and I am not sure if that is because the author was unsettled on which way Sienna's character should go or indeed it's how she meant to come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put this down - next instalment please!!, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
I have just puffed out a big air sigh!! Just finished reading having 'devoured' this book in a few hours.

This was an absolute snitch for the quality of the story. I've read a few rockstar/baggage ridden babe novels now and this certainly is up there with the top ones. Although it was fairly short, the story was gripping and the sexual tension building was (bites knuckles) very good. The piano scene!!!! Phew, crosses legs.

Sienna has to return to her familial home in Nashville when her Grandmother's home has a foreclosure notice and the new owner wants her evicted. The gorgeous, loaded, rockstar new owner Lucas. Lucas and Sienna met in the past and left their 'business', unfinished - Lucas wants to finish it and offers Sienna a deal she can't refuse. 10 days as his personal assistant and he guarantees she'll be begging him to conclude their business at the end of it.

I got to the end and literally shouted out 'Noooooo'!!! However, the epilogue saved the day and I now can't wait for the next instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars for this one, will probably be reading the rest in the series, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Devoured: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
4.5 Stars

This is the first book by Emily Snow that I’ve read and is the first in her eponymous Devoured series. I came across this book on twitter when I saw my friend Kirsty (@loveofagoodbook) was reading it. It was 5.99 which I felt was quite steep for a kindle book and while I did really enjoy the book I don’t like paying more than about 4 for kindle books!

The story is all about main character and narrator Sienna. Sienna has had to return home to try and save her grandmother’s home. When she thinks thing couldn’t get worse it turns out it’s an old flame that’s trying to evict her grandmother from their family home.

I was really intrigued by the cover art on this novel. I love my book boyfriends to have sexy tattoos and to be musicians so when I read the blurb I knew that I would enjoy the book. The two characters engage in a sort of contract – Sienna will work for Lucas for ten days and in return he will give back the deeds to her grandmother’s house. I think the story line is probably pretty predictable looking back after reading the story. However, that’s not to the detriment of the story overall.

Sienna’s character was in no way a push over. I loved how feisty she was and how determined she was to save her family home. Although the whole story centres around the chemistry and undeniable pull between the characters Sienna does put up a good fight for as long as can be expected.

Lucas epitomises the hot book boyfriend. He’s tattooed and gorgeous, a musician, cocky and a little bit of a kink. At the beginning of the book you find out a little about what happened when Lucas and Sienna were together before and that sets a tone throughout the story, sparking their initial chemistry. It tells the story of Lucas enjoying his sexual partners to be submissive but Sienna is the exact opposite and I think she manages to encourage a healthy balance to suit both of their needs in the story. He also has some interesting moves with a guitar pick.

The story is quite fast paced and I read it in a couple of hours. I will definitely be having a look at the rest of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Devoured (Paperback)
Sienna has been called home for a family emergency, her childhood home is about to become someone else’s property and her grams is soon to find herself homeless, but if the past wasn’t bad enough, the new owner has unfinished business with Sienna and now Lucas has something she longs for…….

Devoured is WOW! It is Incredible, sensational, I LOVE THIS BOOK!

I wish there were enough words to sum up the emotions that my body went through whilst reading this. I’m not going to lie, most of this book left me horny, there is something so incredible about the way that Emily Snow describes the relationship between Lucas and Sienna.
The build up and the momentum, it was 200+ pages of foreplay that ultimately left my mind blown and me wanton for more,

Lucas, a rock god with tattoos, that’s me won over and going for a cold shower.
There is something raw and animalistic about this man and yet he has hidden depths, depths that only Sienna seems to bring out,

Speaking of Sienna, that girl has restraint, I would’ve jumped Lucas the second I saw him and yet Sienna manages to be in confined spaces with him and leave with just wobbly legs!
I have so much respect for her, the way she protects her family and controls herself is admirable. She’s a great character.

Another great character and definitely a favourite of mine, is Kylie. Oh I love her and her carefree expense account, she adds a wonderful lightness to the read!

Devoured is one of my favourite reads of 2014 and I will definitely be reading more by Emily Snow, her writing style is incredible and refreshing,

A scorching story with suspense, surprise and sexiness aplenty, a phenomenal read!

4.0 out of 5 stars So much more than I anticipated., 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
Having read the blurb for this book, the first thought that came to mind was 'same old, same old' - the idea of a charasmatic, rich star coercing a young woman from a struggling family into spending time with him is NOT a new storyline. What I didn't expect was to really like the book, yet I did, and at the end I was left wanting more, and immediately looked for the sequel (so glad there's going to be one, yey!). I think the reason I liked it was Sienna, and her attitude and general caring ways, which made the storyline much more real for me than if she had seemed hollow (as heroines unfortunately so often do). Looking forward to the next installment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disjointed, slow and unrealistic, 17 Nov 2012
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
Hmmm.... I think the word for this book is `disjointed'.

The plot was the best thing about this book. Unfortunately it wasn't approached very well but I understood and liked the idea of the storyline. I could see where the author was trying to go, it just didn't get there.

The characters had potential but were under developed and I lacked empathy for them. I didn't really feel like you got to know them at all.

I found some of the scenes hard to follow and at times found myself going back over a page to work out who had said what, what they were referring to and where in the room people were positioned etc. trying to make sense of things...

I found the whole thing quite slow and unrealistic to be honest.

There were a few steamy scenes (not nearly enough) but I had issues with the whole dominance thing in this book. If a man is going to be dominant, he damn well needs to step up to the plate... and unfortunately, Lucas just didn't. He was just a bit bossy and arrogant.

The ending was... odd! It seemed rushed and as if the author had just gotten bored of writing so just decided to wrap it all up and be done with it. It felt as if the relationship went from nothing (and I wasn't at all convinced of Sienna's `love' for Lucas) to earth shattering, confess-my-love-to-you-in-front-of-the-world intensity in the space of about two pages... it just wasn't believable.

One of the main features in the story was meant to be the winning back of Gram's house. When the moment came it seemed to be glossed over in an instant. Very odd.

To read more reviews go to my Book Blog: [...]