4.1 out of 5 stars2,177
Format: Baby ProductChange

I am very fortunate my son has always been a good sleeper, he settles himself in his cot and falls asleep quite quickly. Once the nights started to become lighter, he was restless once put down at 7pm and became frustrated and not to mention over tired. A friend suggested a black out blind and after a quick search, I found the Gro anywhere black out blind. I have a few Gro products so did not hesitate to purchase this blind as it is a brand I trust.

The blind arrives in a travel bag for easy storage/transport when not in use. The blind measures 198 x 130cm but can be reduced in size to fit a smaller window by the Velcro tabs, as detailed in the attached photo. The blind is fairly thick and reduces the light dramatically. The star design is subtle and not too visible when in use. The suction cups can at times can fall down if they are not pushed firmly against the glass, providing they are slightly moist and fixed firmly against the flat glass you will not have a issues in my experience.

As you can see from the before and after photographs, my sons room is very bright at his bedtime. Once the blind is up, his room is extremely dark ... I had the landing light on so there was sufficient light to make the window visible. :)

I highly recommend this blind, it really does black out most unwanted light meaning you can have a restful night without the sun disturbing your sleep.

I hope this review was helpful.
review image review image review image
0Comment136 of 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 March 2015
So disappointed in this blind. I ordered this because I purchased one of these four years ago when my daughter was born and since it was that good I decided to order another one as the suckers were starting to fail. After four years I can deal with that. What I shouldn't have done is thrown it out! This new one is terrible to the point that we have a battle with it every night to keep it on the window. The material feels thinner as well and I've got to say that it's a 50% chance that the blind has fallen off during the night. Absolute rubbish
on 18 July 2010
I have to admit I am a big fan of Blackout blinds. I know, it sounds sad, but when you love sleep as much as I do, they can be your best friend. My lovely daughter has had both a blackout blind and blackout linings on her bedroom curtains since she was born, and I'm convinced thay have contributed to her having a great sleep pattern. There has always been a problem however when we go away, or if she sleeps at her grand parents, where she will awake at some ungodly hour and then be very sad and grumpy by mid afternoon. After several years of draping duvets, towels, coats and more recently a flattened out cardboard box over various windows to little avail, I finally decided enough was enough. I hoped I had struck gold with the " Gro Anywhere Blind" , and thank goodness, it appears I have. I was already a fan of the wonderful Gro bags, and was therefore keen to try their blackout blind. So far it has been used at both sets of grandparents, in a caravan and at friends houses, on windows of varying shapes and sizes. It has been easy to fit and easy to repack. Yes some of the suckers have been mis-shapen after unpacking, but after following the instructions as to what to do about this ( included with the blind) I had no problem. Yes there are cracks of light that get through, but in all honesty, unless you were to fit chemical darkroom type blinds with tracks, I'm not really sure that anything will ever provide 100 per cent black out.Put it this way, this weekend we visited my Mother in Law. My daughter slept in her lovely darkened room until 8:30 am, whilst my husband and I were both awake by 5:00 am , light streaming through the bedroom window, and with no hope of getting back to sleep. We will be back to stay with mum in law again next month, and guess what I will be buying before then? Yes, a second Gro Anywhere Blind, so that my husband and I are not the ones who are sad and grumpy by mid afternoon! Well Done Gro Bag for a fantastic product, and Well Done Amazon for fast delivery and great service as usual.
55 comments138 of 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2015
Would give 0 stars if I could - this will NOT stick to the window or the PVC. Not even for a few seconds, the suction pads are useless. This product has to do one thing - stick to a window, it does not do that and therefore is not fit for purpose! we had to use masking tape to stick it up!!
on 15 April 2015
Great for keeping out sunlight but struggled to get the suction cups to stay in place. Not a great design and expensive. Would have been better if it had ties or hooks as second hanging option.
on 15 September 2015
I have insomnia so bought this blind to help with my sleep hygiene at uni. I can't give it a good rating because it simply failed to stick to the windows and hence couldn't function. I cleaned the windows with alcohol and vinegar; still no luck.
on 30 January 2014
It looks attractive & it's black but it falls down as the sucker cups don't work (I thought it was just me at first, but there are several reviewers which have experienced the same thing; it's not dirty windows...) so although it seems like a good product, it doesn't work. I bought it for night work and I need to have complete dark as I find it really hard trying to sleep in the day time, but this hasn't worked - it won't stick and if it does it falls down later, plus any chinks of light through the gaps (as the blind will not fit perfectly without these since it is an adjustable item)may seem small, but they make all the difference when you struggle with day sleeping.
on 9 June 2014
Literally won't stick on the window for more than 5 minutes. Suction cups simply don't work, it's almost as if the blind is too heavy for the suction cups. Fails entirely at what it is designed to do.
11 comment11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2016
Spot on!!

As described this is easy to put up, portable so perfect for travelling and totally blacks out any light!

We bought this for our stay in a caravan last summer for our then 6month old, it worked perfectly - made the room pitch black at night!

Since returning I have used it in my LO's room as the sunrises through his window and although we have a blackout blind they never completely cover the window - and this totally stopped any sunlight getting through!

I was very dubious about the suckers and if they would work but they do perfectly and stay stuck they do not fall off. It's also of such a large size that it fits lots of different sized windows.

My only downside and this is of no fault of the product, but after long term use and not opening the window in the bedroom over winter mould started to form where moisture had built up behind the blackout blind, I now don't use it all the time as I need to open the window to ventilate and the blind makes it hard to do that.

Overall amazing product as always from the Gro company!

Please give me a thumbs up if you found this useful!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 November 2015
I bought this in the flash sale so I got a bit of a bargain. The main purpose for buying it was to block out the sunlight during the day so I could game on my projector. It worked really well and I've used it quite a lot of times since buying it. The only downside is that the pouch it comes in it quite small so it's a little tricky to fold it back up when you've finished using it. I'm not going to drop any stars for that though as it's probably just me being stupid :)!