1,194 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Gro bag!
I have to admit I am a big fan of Blackout blinds. I know, it sounds sad, but when you love sleep as much as I do, they can be your best friend. My lovely daughter has had both a blackout blind and blackout linings on her bedroom curtains since she was born, and I'm convinced thay have contributed to her having a great sleep pattern. There has always been a problem...
Published on 18 July 2010 by Lisa Storey

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, bad product.
The idea is great. I thought this could help me getting a good night rest, but I was wrong. T
he suction pads don't stick on the window glass and after a while (sometimes just a few seconds) they fall.
Even when you're sticking them on the window, sometimes it feels like an horrible game, after you put the second or the third pad, the first one is already...
Published 2 months ago by Angelo Fernandes

1.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressed, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
This blind claims to fit any window. Tried it in my daughters nursery & it was impossible to get it to 1 - fit her small window & 2 - stay stuck to the window. Tried everything, cleaned the window again to make sure there was no residue preventing it from sticking, moistened the suction cups, followed the instructions to the letter but nothing worked. Thought it could just be because of the size the window so tried it on numerous windows throughout out the house, but still no joy. I did on one occasion get it to fit to the living room window & stick, but within 5 minutes it had fallen off! When stuck to the window it worked great to black out the light, but I don't fancy waking up every 5 mins to stick it back up!! Had purchased as we do a lot of traveling to see family & the 'gro-anywhere' aspect would have been great. Unfortunately the product doesn't appear to work at all. Not impressed!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea for a patient customer, 8 Mar 2011
I've waited some time before I review this product because I wanted to make absolutely sure that I wasn't being too quick to criticize. In principal, this is a fantastic idea- especially for someone like me who struggles to sleep in a light room (and does not have the authority or ability to put up a proper blackout blind) but who also likes to enjoy natural daylight when I'm ready to get up by whipping off the blind in a flash.

I've had the Gro Anywhere blind for 1 month now and every week is a different story. When I first assembled it, it was a mild evening and the suckers (apart from those damaged in transit) were super strong when attached to the glass of my window. I left the blind up for a few days without removing it and it stayed in place, despite me rolling it up halfway to get some natural light. Since then, I have been taking it down every morning to get light but as it has got colder, the suckers do not seem to re-attach so well in these conditions at night. I have also had lots of condensation on my window of late and again the moisture on the window does not do the product justice- the same offenders seem to be becoming unstuck through the night.

Having said all this, the blind will stay up and has never fallen down but it is annoying that most of the time the corners fold back or somewhere the blind bows to let light in at the top. However, I find that if I don't remove the blind everyday then it has more chance of staying perfectly put. Before this I was using bin liners to block out light which meant I could not enjoy any natural light when I wanted (as well as looking a bit creepy) so this product has transformed my bedroom and my quality of sleep nevertheless.

I have found that giving my windows a little wipe down and a clean every week (as well as cleaning the suckers on the blind) has helped to provide the strongest hold.
I'm avoiding to remove the blind during the week so that I don't have to keep putting it up every night and this helps the blind to stay put for longer.
Also, the more force I apply to the suckers when putting it up the better.
I'm considering purchasing some velcro stickers to help keep the corners up as the blind is relatively light and should hold perfectly with some extra support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
Easy to put up and pack away. Perfect for keeping out these long summer evenings

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 5 Sep 2014
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
This blind is doing the job well. We bought initially to block my youngest son's bedroom window because we were moving & didn't want anything more permanent. It was quite a small window but it still covered well & we could use the Velcro to reduce the size. It is now up in my eldest son's bedroom window which is much larger, but it still covers well. In the main it has stayed up well. Even when the odd sucker comes detached the rest hold it up well enough to keep the room dark.
We took it on holiday with us & it folded up well to pack & did the job while we were away.
We have had no problem with removing the suckers, having read the reviews online we are always careful to remove by lifting the suckers & there has been no damage to any of our windows.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
Literally won't stick on the window for more than 5 minutes. Suction cups simply don't work, it's almost as if the blind is too heavy for the suction cups. Fails entirely at what it is designed to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant blackout blind, bought it several years ago and still use it. Superb purchase., 30 July 2014
Purchased this many years ago, but still use it. Kids now 4 and 1.5 and it is very useful when we go away.

I have two of these, and some of the suckers have been ripped out when it's not been removed with enough care. They can stick so strongly that you have to break the suction and not just pull on the fabric of the blind. Also been caught out when opening the window during summer to allow a breeze and it stretched the blind so much the suckers ripped out.

Other than that (which is a fault of ours not the product) it is easy to transport and pretty small and light, and fits every window we've ever tried to use it on - and they've been fairly different shapes and sizes.

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought my Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind because as a ..., 22 Sep 2014
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
I bought my Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind because as a doctor working in an A&E, I work quite a few night and twilights. I am also a light sleeper and am disturbed by sunlight. The blind worked really well, and in conjunction with my blackout lined curtains, I managed to sleep really well.

The blind was larger than my window so the Velcro strips enable adjustment to fix the window. The suction cups allow quick application to the window - but remember to moisten them first, otherwise they won't stick. If you have a big window it is probably easier to have two people attaching it, as it kept coming off the window in one corner. If it hadn't I would have given it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference!, 23 July 2014
ABShaef "ashaef" (Durham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
Simply put, we love this black-out curtain. Love it.

We have noticed a marked improvement both in how well and how long our baby sleeps with the curtain up. It is easy to put up and easy to take down. And it is easy to transport, which will come in very handy as we travel this fall. The suction cups are sturdy once attached and need to be taken down with care (you can't just yank them off willy-nilly). But using the tab on each cup makes removing them easy to do.

I can only say that I wish we had this five years ago when our first child was an infant.That would have been lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
Very effective, suckers really do stick, good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those inventions that you can't live without as a parent with small children., 31 July 2014
There have been some recent modifications (I've just bought a second a year on for my second child) to the suction pads and method you make the blind smaller, which improve it all the more. Totally shuts out light and worth taking the time to get the suction pads to work. So handy to take to Granny's house or on holiday and also as an extra barrier on the window to the heat of the sun on a very hot day. So far I haven't found a window it doesn't fit, even used it on patio doors recently.

Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind