5.0 out of 5 stars Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind - Night time at bedtime :)
Published 1 month ago by Miss R. Frail

3.0 out of 5 stars Gro Nearly Anywhere Blind!
This is a reasonably good product, it comes in a great little bag, is well manafactured (I cant see it ever falling apart!) and is sweetly covered in little silvery stars.

Published on 10 Aug. 2011 by Mr. P. Rice

5.0 out of 5 stars Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind - Night time at bedtime :), 19 May 2015
Miss R. Frail (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
I am very fortunate my son has always been a good sleeper, he settles himself in his cot and falls asleep quite quickly. Once the nights started to become lighter, he was restless once put down at 7pm and became frustrated and not to mention over tired. A friend suggested a black out blind and after a quick search, I found the Gro anywhere black out blind. I have a few Gro products so did not hesitate to purchase this blind as it is a brand I trust.

The blind arrives in a travel bag for easy storage/transport when not in use. The blind measures 198 x 130cm but can be reduced in size to fit a smaller window by the Velcro tabs, as detailed in the attached photo. The blind is fairly thick and reduces the light dramatically. The star design is subtle and not too visible when in use. The suction cups can at times can fall down if they are not pushed firmly against the glass, providing they are slightly moist and fixed firmly against the flat glass you will not have a issues in my experience.

As you can see from the before and after photographs, my sons room is very bright at his bedtime. Once the blind is up, his room is extremely dark ... I had the landing light on so there was sufficient light to make the window visible. :)

I highly recommend this blind, it really does black out most unwanted light meaning you can have a restful night without the sun disturbing your sleep.

I hope this review was helpful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gro Nearly Anywhere Blind!, 10 Aug. 2011
Mr. P. Rice "philip" (Enlgand) - See all my reviews

Its a good thick fabric, which means its ever so slightly heavy, so occasionally, it will slip down the wondow a few millimetres, but thats it, so give it an upwards nudge every few days if its place for a while.

The only real draw back is that its slightly too big for our daughters window! This isnt a massive problem, it just means that we need a bit of black Duct Tape to fold it over at the top, as a few big 'creases' appear in it vertically, as the Suction Cups are distanced a little too far apart. It means that a fair bit of light creeps in if you don't stick the fold down!!

I'd suggest that you check your window dimensions before buying it.... otherwise some closely cut cardboard or thick black cloth and the same roll of duct tape might be cheaper! :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Gro bag!, 18 July 2010
Lisa Storey (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
I have to admit I am a big fan of Blackout blinds. I know, it sounds sad, but when you love sleep as much as I do, they can be your best friend. My lovely daughter has had both a blackout blind and blackout linings on her bedroom curtains since she was born, and I'm convinced thay have contributed to her having a great sleep pattern. There has always been a problem however when we go away, or if she sleeps at her grand parents, where she will awake at some ungodly hour and then be very sad and grumpy by mid afternoon. After several years of draping duvets, towels, coats and more recently a flattened out cardboard box over various windows to little avail, I finally decided enough was enough. I hoped I had struck gold with the " Gro Anywhere Blind" , and thank goodness, it appears I have. I was already a fan of the wonderful Gro bags, and was therefore keen to try their blackout blind. So far it has been used at both sets of grandparents, in a caravan and at friends houses, on windows of varying shapes and sizes. It has been easy to fit and easy to repack. Yes some of the suckers have been mis-shapen after unpacking, but after following the instructions as to what to do about this ( included with the blind) I had no problem. Yes there are cracks of light that get through, but in all honesty, unless you were to fit chemical darkroom type blinds with tracks, I'm not really sure that anything will ever provide 100 per cent black out.Put it this way, this weekend we visited my Mother in Law. My daughter slept in her lovely darkened room until 8:30 am, whilst my husband and I were both awake by 5:00 am , light streaming through the bedroom window, and with no hope of getting back to sleep. We will be back to stay with mum in law again next month, and guess what I will be buying before then? Yes, a second Gro Anywhere Blind, so that my husband and I are not the ones who are sad and grumpy by mid afternoon! Well Done Gro Bag for a fantastic product, and Well Done Amazon for fast delivery and great service as usual.

1.0 out of 5 stars They saw me coming, 24 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
What a massive disappointment! Wish I had read the reviews before buying as this very nearly got ripped to shreds and thrown out of the window . The suction cups do not stick-1 out of the ones on mine sticks, the others may or may not stick very loosely for no longer than a few minutes. The Velcro tabs to make it smaller just make lovely places for light to come in through. I think if you were using it on a window that it is the correct size and not in direct sunlight it might be worth the ridiculous amount of money. I have just had enough of mine after a few weeks of persevering and have hung a furry throw (£2 primark) at the window-it's darker than ever and baby is asleep within ten minutes-thus leaving me some free time to slate this "look we saw you coming mug parents who will buy anything" product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
Easy to fix to window and does job well.

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 26 Feb. 2010
suckers are tricky - do keep trying - but very good blind - does job

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% black out and easy to fit, 8 Jan. 2013
Bought it to black out the nursery room for the little one. Our windows open inwards so fixed blinds haven't been a solution for us in our master bedroom and blocks out only about 70% of light.

Love the idea that we can take this gro blackout blind anywhere we go and when we need it and that it seems easy enough to put on. It is in fact so easy that within three minutes my 135x135cm window is all covered. I did it this morning, turned around and lost my way out of the room! The suction cups are great (except one at the corner for me but that suits me fine as with that little leakage I could just about see what furniture I'm running into), and it means the blind can be reused over and over again.

One suggestion would be for the manufacturer to make different sizes, to fit different windows better. Overall speaking, I cannot fault this product so far, it will be a lifesaver in the summer I'm sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
brilliant, well worth the price and portable, perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!!!, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind (Baby Product)
My wife and I are genuinely impressed with the quality and performance of the Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind, such that we have recommended it to several other friends and colleagues with babies/young children who have themselves purchased the blind with identical results; babies/young children who go to sleep at a more reasonable hour at night and who stay sleeping until an appropriate time to wake in the morning (this particularly applies during the summer months).

We have used it at home, with relatives and whilst travelling, with equal success.

As I feel we have already had our money's worth from this product in a few short weeks, I honestly cannot recommend the blind highly enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Go Anywhere Blackout Blind, 22 May 2011
We purchased this blind for our Babys bedroom. It easily covers the window with room to spare and it does a great job of keeping the light out. It has small suckers which hold it in place on the window, with a small overhang so it covers the frame, keeping small cracks of light at bay. All in all we are very happy with this item, its a fair bit of money for a simple blind, but we know many parents who use this and love it.

The only snag with this item is that on opening the suckers were squashed and wouldnt stick to the windows, it took a few days for them to relax, they now stay in place easily enough, but the initial bedding in, when they were falling off all of the time was a pain. We are taking them on holiday with us next month and thats got to be a good thing, transportable blackout.

In a nutshell, an easy solution for keeping your childs room dark and I would recommend.

Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind