4.0 out of 5 stars small, light, sleek.
Brilliant for a DVD player. would give it 5 stars if I could use all the "smart" facilities that are on it. but I can't because it needs ethernet connection to the the wireless router instead of having built-in wifi. but it's still a great little machine for the price.
Published 17 months ago by MattP

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!
Having recently acquired a new Panasonic 3D TV, I thought it was about time I upgraded my standard 2D Blu ray player. I had temporarily been using our PS3 to test out the new TV's 3D capabilities, the games console itself usually resides in another room where the kids can play and leave us in peace, and was extremely impressed by the effect and picture quality. So, having...
Published 18 months ago by JAYLF001

4.0 out of 5 stars small, light, sleek., 20 Dec. 2013
MattP (Liversedege, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung BD-F5500 3D Network Blu-ray and DVD Player (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought instead of a smart TV, 25 May 2014
Mr. M. Regan - The Regsy "THE man in black" (Cumbria) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I had been looking for an update for our TV, but was loathe to spend hundreds of quid on a new one when the old one is working fine. Then I spotted this, its great but not quite as great as Amazon and Samsung would have you believe.

First off its small, looks good among all the stuff under the TV and has a decent remote. Set up was a doddle, Network cable in the back and in a few minutes we were connected up, updates had been checked for and all working. Put in Netflix details and everything worked like a charm.
Streaming is fast with no lag, all works great, then we discovered that there is a USB port on the front and it looks like it will play almost anything from a memory stick, photos, MP3's DivX and Xvid all seems to be very good.
It looses a star as it claims on the Samsung webpage that it also streamed lovefilm (now Prime video) and it did for a while one here, it doesn't and it doesn't look like there will be an update for it either. It looks like Amazon have changed their details on the device but be warned about Lovefilm.
There is a review somewhere on here complaining about no wi-fi sorry but it clearly says no wi-fi but on the whole a really good little device that I haven't any complaints about, no high pitched whine from ours.
Excellent alternative to shelling out for a smart TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung 3D network blue-ray and DVD Player, 29 Dec. 2013
easy to set up. excellent value for money. previously bought this item , so pleased I got one for other room kids can watch 3D or blue-ray films everybody happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine, 17 Nov. 2013
We are very pleased with this, it arrived promptly, not overly packaged, but adequately. It was simple to wire up to our 3D TV. It works perfectly and when you stop the 3d disc playing for a while to go and do something else it starts again exactly where it was stopped like old VHS tapes used to, very handy feature.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Blu-ray and USB/DLNA player, 19 Aug. 2013
Brought on of these to turn my spare older sony LCD tv into DLNA, Works perfectly, shame not more apps, but iplayer is good...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 9 July 2013
Easy to setup and very good quality
Nice and sleek design means it is is not so noticeable on the unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of home entertainment kit!, 9 Oct. 2013
I chose this as I have decided to go PC gaming and sold my 360 as I was using it as a DVD player mostly. I chose this model as I didn't need the model above with internal storage or wifi connectivity as it is in the same room as my router so a wire is fine, which saves me £50~. Like the title states it is an amazing piece of equipment and I am glad I bought it. I can only pick out bad points if I am being very picky. The first is that it didn't come with a HDMI cable. I know that is being extremely picky but I would personally expect it after paying so much for this and with it being a TOP brand they could provide the cable, (but the did supply batteries for the remote at least). The last bad point I find is just the design of the interface. Being a designer it is in my nature to be picky about these sort of things but again it is me being a bit more expectant of the brand. The interface is functional and you only use it to navigate to what what you want, be it on your External Hard-drive or you DVD/BR-DVD. But it still wouldn't hurt to look pretty.

Anyhow hope this helps.

Pros:
Non intrusive lighting,
Touch Buttons.
Amazingly light weight, I thought that the box was empty!

Cons:
Menu graphics are not designed well (me being picky, I know)
Didn't come with a HDMI Lead - I know that it is not a biggie but I would have thought a big brand would be able to supply such an import piece, especially paying a considerable amount for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Nov. 2013
Great value for money. Good size. Didn't think Avatar could look as good at home as it did in the cinema. But it did. Great Buy

5.0 out of 5 stars great value for money, 30 Jan. 2014
We have watched our first 3D blu ray this afternoon - brilliant!!! Cant believe you can get this quality for this price. I love it. Combined easily with the TV and the glasses Amazon recommended were great too, Very happy with this purchase.
We were not aware of any whirring noise mentioned by earlier purchasers. The player is compact, quiet and sleek looking. I dont think it looks cheap and dont regret buying this model. The Blu ray movies start up almost immediately and the player is very quick to respond to the control. My previous player was a 2D Samsung player and this, at roughly the same price, compares really well. I just dont quite believe you can have this quality for this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars great service and quick to BFPO, 14 Oct. 2013
although it's Region 2... it did play my other Region DVDs..
just as described...
great built and easy to use..portable... ...
would recommend others too.
,,,, ,,, ,, ,, , ,,