TOP 100 REVIEWERon 21 May 2015
Anker is a brand which makes very good items, they also have very good customer services, for any problems which you may have!

~This keyboard can come in really handy, it will work on Android, Windows, IOS and even on the Play Station!
~The keys are low profile which feel really nice when you type and all the keys are placed in the right place, making this keyboard comfortable to use.
~The key has Fn like most keyboards on laptops, which allows you to use the shortcuts, making life easier and saving time!
~The keyboard also have a slight rubber coating which helps to prevent scratches, the keyboard is also very thin but at the same time it's strong which its metal body, so it wont be easy to bend!
~ Also Anker gives you the choice about adding gel fit to this keyboard or not, they give you a strip of self adhesive gel feet, so depending what you plan todo with this keyboard, you have the choice of adding feet or not.
~They supply a good quality USB cable to charge this keyboard up and it has a Velcro strap on the cable, which allows you to keep the cable nice and tidy when not in use.
~The battery will last you weeks (depending on use) but the battery also charges up fast! and you can still use it when charging.

There isn't much more to say really, apart from that it does everything a keyboard should and it does even more with loads of shortcut keys! All together this keyboard is a nice little package which will easily fit inside a tablet carry case, making it really portable for us!
I have uploaded a few pictures which may help you decide if this is right for you or not.

If this helped you, can you please tick this was helpful, Thank you.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 28 August 2013
Anker® Ultra-Slim(4mm) Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Keyboard Review

This is my first review of anything on here to date, I've decided I am going to actively review more of my purchases to make other people aware of any pros or cons with products that I have tested. As such I will be going back though my hardware purchases and adding in unbiased reviews.

There were specific reasons that I chose this particular product over the many alternatives that I looked into before making my final decision:

It has an inbuilt (rechargeable) battery
The keyboard is only 4mm thick
The price point (£19.99) is excellent

Having a built in battery, aside from meaning that I don't have to purchase batteries for the keyboard, also means that it can be manufactured much thinner than competing products as it doesn't have to house any relatively bulky standard AAA or even AA batteries.

Being chargeable via USB cable (supplied) means that I can recharge this with my Anker Astro E5 (other portable battery packs are available :P) so I never need to worry about running out of power.

Overall I am extremely pleased with this keyboard, it is sleek and very easy to type on. In fact I am writing this review on it right now.

The keyboard is supplied with a user manual, USB cable and 8 tiny rubber feet which you put on yourself. The manual must have been updated following previous reviews as other people stated that it didn't point out what the shortcut keys do, it does now so that's nice to see a company actually taking on board customer feedback.

Without the feet the keyboard will slide around slightly on a flat surface and these feet do a great job of preventing that.

They do add a tiny bit of depth to the keyboard taking it above 4mm at its thickest point, but not so much that it bothers me in any way.

You do need to be careful where you put them as the keyboard is so thin that it will flex under pressure if they are not thoughtfully placed. I put four in the corners around 2mm from the edges and then 4 more in a square towards the centre of the keyboard spaced out around 2 inches apart from each other.

To give you a better representation, the feet I placed in the middle are roughly beneath the following keys... "5", "8", "V" and "M" I did this because I had read previous reviews saying that the keyboard was flexing in the middle. This eliminated that problem completely and the keyboard feels sturdy under every key press regardless of which key I am applying pressure to.

Setting up the keyboard is a doddle even if you are non-technical, it's literally just a case of turning on Bluetooth on the device and clicking the connect button. When you tap on the "Keyboard" from your list of detected Bluetooth devices it prompts you to press a combination of four keys on the board and then it pairs.

One very minor gripe with the keyboard is that the aluminium on the underside of the keyboard is very easily scratched. I am gutted that I have already scratched mine. I accidentally let the metal hinge of my Smart Cover run across the back of the keyboard and it has put a minor surface scratch in the back. With this in mind it may have been nice if Anker included a soft fabric bag/cover for the keyboard when not in use to prevent it getting scratched putting it in and out of your bag.

The layout of the keys on the keyboard is very natural and there is only one point that will mean it takes a tiny bit of getting used to... The right hand shift key is very small and very close to the "up" key, which your little finger may find accidentally at times. So I've taken to using the left shift key as an alternative when I'm typing very quickly.

The only other thing I would have changed from a design point of view, personally, is I would have had the rubber feet in black, but permanently built into the underside of the keyboard. This way they could have been lower profile and much less likely to fall off once the keyboard has aged a little.

Both permanent feet and a supplied bag for protection would have increased the price point of this product so for 20 quid I think they have got it spot on. I would have paid £25-30 for it if it had a bag and some permanent feet, but I think for 20 pounds you really can't go wrong.

I can't really recommend this keyboard enough. It is brilliant. It is so thin that it actually fits inside my Belkin Pleated sleeve along with the iPad which has a Belkin Snap Shield Secure and a Smart Cover in place.

One thing I will say, of you are planning to work on this and using the "£" sign a lot then you have to use the iPad keyboard to do this as the Anker has a $ sign instead. This is not a real issue and it made considerably less of a ball-ache by the fact that pressing F4 on the Anker brings up the on screen keyboard; a nice touch.

I am so pleased with this purchase, although it is very early days I can see it lasting a long time if you take good care of it.

Although I am reviewing it from an IOS users perspective, it is worthy of note that it will also work with a Windows or an Android device.

In short, if you have 20 quid and want a highly portable Bluetooth keyboard, buy this.

I have given this product 4 stars, which for me is VERY good, I am not going to give a product 5 stars unless it really blows me away and I can't find any flaw at all.

If this was out of 10 I would have given 9, the only thing that lets it down, in my opinion, is having no £ sign for UK customers. The fact that I scratched mine within minutes of opening it is bugging me, but only because I'm an absolute perfectionist and I'm angry with myself that I wasn't more careful.

/edit since writing this review I have since learned that you can hold down the shift key and press 3 to get the £ sign! Have 5 stars Anker... Very, very well done.

Cheers,

Alex
55 comments|152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2013
(ultra-slim 4mm version). There's plenty of super-small bluetooth keyboards around, this one is fantastic. Bought it to use with my ipad mini. It's about an inch wider than the mini - but only an inch narrower than my full-size macbook keyboard. This makes it extremely comfortable to type on - it's nowhere near as cramped as many of the other units around I've tried. It is well-built in aluminium and solid ABS plastic, and feels sturdy enough (although being so thin, its got quite a bit of flex so be aware). Paired quickly and with no issues, and no lag. I've written a couple of 2,000 word essays on it, and have had no problems. The upper row of function keys are super useful with the iPad as well. This coupled with the mini is the most incredibly portable near-laptop-replacement I could have wanted. It weighs nothing, works seamlessly, and is a great deal at this price. No idea about battery life - I've been using it plenty for the past 3 weeks and is still going strong.

One little tip - the keyboard comes with a pack of 8 sticky rubber feet dots; if you put them on the back of the keyboard around the edge, typing in the middle becomes quite bouncy and flexy. I recommend getting some thin strips of rubber tape for grip instead, to support the centre where your fingers are typing the most.
44 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 June 2013
I wanted to choose a keyboard to use with my Nexus 7 tablet. After much deliberation I chose the Anker Ultra-Slim, and have been using it for a couple of days now. It's arguably slightly less convenient than the type that clips onto the Nexus to form a hard case (which was my other option) but I believe the slightly larger size makes it more usable. It was supplied with low-profile rubber feet, and a micro USB cable but no charger, Anker expect you to use your tablet/phone charger.

The keys are well spaced and have a very positive 'springy' feel to them which, although I'm no touch typist, I find allows me to type at roughly the same speed as on a full size keyboard. Bearing in mind it's only 40mm wider than the Nexus when in landscape format I'm more than happy with that.

Although it's as light as a feather, and extremely thin, the build quality is fantastic. The back of the keyboard is actually aluminium, and the front has a soft rubbery type coating which looks great but can show greasy finger marks. The keys have the characters printed onto them, but the printing looks exactly the same as my 8 year old Logitech MX3000, so I have no concerns about the print wearing off over time.

There are three keys which, when used with the 'Fn' key, set the keyboard up for iOS, Android or Windows. The only downside I can find is that it has a US keyboard layout. However I got around this by using 'External Keyboard Helper' from the Google Play Store which re-maps the keys to a UK layout. It pairs easily, and stays paired, to both my Nexus 7 & Windows PC. I'm using it now to type this review on the PC and, when compared to my full size Logitech keyboard, it doesn't feel at all cramped or unnatural.

I do have to use a separate device to prop the Nexus up at a suitable angle - Anker make an iPad version of this keyboard that does just that, it's a pity they didn't think to include that feature here as it would be a great benefit.

Overall though I'm very happy and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
on 20 September 2014
I wanted a keyboard that I could use with my iPad Air as I am a touch typist, capable of 90 words per minute. The tablet is capable of accepting inputs at that speed, but after a frustrating two hours, noticing this keyboard dropping letters all over the place, I finally gave up on it as I could easily out-pace it and found with the prediction on the iPad could type faster using two fingers and the prediction rather than this keyboard, so it wasn't of much use for its intended purpose, to enable me to type fast on my Tablet through the use of an external keyboard rather than using the prediction built in.

The Caps Lock light didn't even work for me when I pressed the caps lock button, nor did the power light come on when the switch was in the "On" position, so not sure what the point was of having one. The Charging light didn't come on either when I had it charging, only when the power in its internal batteries was getting low.

On the plus side, it has internal batteries, and charges from a USB power cord enclosed with the product. However, due to the flaws of the Caps Lock light, and power light, I wrote to the manufacturers whom sent me a replacement, which did the same thing, so in the end they refunded me. Their customer service was first rate hence my two stars. Shame the keyboard is slower to type on for me than using the iPad Air's prediction built in to it's on-screen keyboard.
66 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2015
A petite keyboard, very light, quiet, and comfortable to use provided you don't have fingers like cucumbers. I bought this keyboard mainly because my full-size Anker keyboard was a bit too big for me desk. And with all my books and paperwork spread all over the desk, the old keyboard was too dominating.

The feel is similar to that of a Mac keyboard, but the size of the Anker Ultra-Slim A7709 is a bit smaller, and perhaps not everybody's cup of tea. Like I mentioned above, If you've got big hands, it'll probably be difficult for you to use it comfortably. I'll make sure I'll keep my weight as it is now, or otherwise I'll end it having to go back to the old full-size Anker keyboard.

The build and design are particularly appealing. The keyboard feels like a quality item, with aluminium back and laptop like multi-media functionalities.

the only downside, at least for me, is the fact that this keyboard probably needs to be slightly higher on the back and tilted forward, which will give the user a more natural typing position. The 'transparent' mini rubber legs that come with the keyboard are well thought of to prevent slipping and keep the keyboard stuck to the desk, but I had to use a pair of much bigger rubber legs which allowed the keyboard to tilt forward for a more comfortable hands position.

All in all, I'm happy with this purchase.

Please note that if your PC doesn't have bluetooth (which is the case for most desktop computers), you'll need to purchase a bluetooth dongle. I bought mine off Amazon for £4.99, and it connected to the keyboard almost effortlessly.
review image review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 October 2015
I bought this Anker Bluetooth keyboard to go with my Yoga 2 8 Windows tablet. I could have opted for the 10" Yoga, which comes with its own keyboard, but the 8" is easier to carry around (lighter and fits more easily into a handbag) and the keyboard which comes with the 10" Yoga doesn't have particularly good reviews. So this was the better (and far cheaper) option.

The Anker keyboard worked immediately, pairing with the Yoga 2 8 with no problems at all. As a long-term touch typist I like the keyboard for its very 'definite' response and travel, which so many portable keyboards simply don't have. I can't touch-type on the keyboard - but I wouldn't expect to be able to do this because my desktop keyboard is completely different (it's a Truly Ergonomic) and I can't touch-type on any regular keyboard any more anyway. However I use a text expander (Breevy) and I was anxious to know if this program would cope with the Anker keyboard (and vice versa) - there were absolutely no problems. This means that I can achieve a very good typing speed with the Anker keyboard, and it's comfortable enough to type for a good length of time.

As the Yoga sits up like a regular screen, with the Anker keyboard sitting in front of it what I have is basically a mini PC. This means I can work anywhere, even when I'm out and about, but all I'm carrying is a regular handbag. The keyboard is so light and thin that it can be just slipped into my bag along with the tablet and I don't even notice the weight or the space taken up.

When setting up the keyboard I designated it as 'UK' and so the pound sign is accessible on the keyboard (above the 3). Most of the other keys are where they say they are on the keys - with some minor exceptions and one notable one: no backslash (\). This is not a problem if you use a text expander because you can simply put one into that (if I type 'bss', a backslash appears instantly, for example) or if you don't think you're ever likely to need the backslash - but it's just a slight warning. To be honest, though, if you're going to be typing a lot on a small Bluetooth keyboard it's probably wise to use a text expander anyway, for the sake of your arms and wrists.

The keyboard has a 'Connect' button (which is a press one) and an 'Off/On' button (a slider). There are four lights which show when the Caps Lock is on, when the keyboard is looking for a connection, and when it's charging. The fourth light is marked 'Power' and this simply comes on briefly when you turn on the keyboard, just to let you know that it's working OK. The Power button also starts blinking, apparently, to warn you when the power is getting low - however, given the incredibly long time the battery lasts before needing to be charged (the manual says 140 hours), and the fact that it has the power-saving feature of turning itself off after fifteen minutes of inactivity, I've never seen the Power light signalling a low battery and probably won't ever see it.

The instructions which come with the keyboard are very clear and in good English, so there are absolutely no problems there. There is also a full technical specification list, so you know exactly what's what whatever you're trying to do and whatever you're trying to pair with the keyboard.

Apparently the battery lasts for three years - but this must be a very average estimate because presumably it'll depend on use. I intend to use the keyboard a lot both in the house (so I can work away from my PC and not be fixed in the office) and outside so I can do emergency work when I'm out and about. So far the keyboard has performed very well in both capacities.

The Anker keyboard is very well made indeed and I have no doubt it will last. The only problem at all is that it has no cover and keys can be depressed by other objects when the keyboard is in your bag. Whether or not this will reduce the life of the keyboard, I'm not sure. However at this excellent price, even that wouldn't be the end of the world.

Highly recommended.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 3 January 2015
It's the best keyboard of its type that i've seen, but it has some problems:
This may be a Bluetooth problem, but there's quite often button lag or double input. Sometimes the device just stops working all together. (This is distinct from the useful energy saving mode it goes into).
It's too small - you can practically feel the RSI. I'd suggest lengthening the keyboard. As it stands, you're not going to want to type for more than a couple of minutes at a time on it.
It has all the keys needed to work on iOS, Android and Windows, however, the alt key and the Windows key are switched round. This is infuriating and there's noway to change this, expect to use some key binding software. This is perhaps the biggest problem - it brings typing to a halt when you have to relearn how to type just to temporarily switch keyboard. It's not the keyboard's fault that my typing is so dependent on the key layout, but it's the sort of problem that a great product would have the ability to deal with.
It's a bit irritating that it doesn't obviously say in the product description that it has a US Keyboard layout. This isn't much of a problem, all the UK key combinations work (shift + 3 = £), but it can be a pain to remember when the keys are labelled differently.
While you can pair it with as many devices as you like, it'll only work on whatever it was last paired to. Thus, if i want to use it on my tablet and then my computer i seem to have to repair it on the computer each time. Not sure if this is the tablet or my Bluetooth.

The good points:
The price,
The build quality. It feels robust.
The included silicon feet keep it held firmly in place.
It's incredibly thin and very portable.
Can be paired with just about anything, pairs up easily and switch between OSs on the fly.
Includes almost all of the special keys found on a full size keyboard.
Full size keys - the keys don't feel small, it's just the length of the keyboard that gives it the cramped feeling. It's very much like a mac air keyboard.

Overall, it's really good, but be aware of the US key layout and its potentially cramped size.
on 11 January 2015
Purchased a while back and never used it that much hence the late review. I find the keyboard press feels and is a single press but on my ipad the entry is a double letter in the document. It is very very very annoying and so cannot continue to use it unfortunately. I might have just been unlucky but I'm now outside my warranty I guess. It is very light and very thin but very very annoying.
on 18 August 2015
I initially loved this keyboard. It's comfortable to type on for its size and the bluetooth connection is great with my iPad 2 and iMac. However, after less than ten days of use, many of the keys have stopped responding for no apparent reason. The entire row of number keys, the delete key and the volume controls just stopped working. Anker have emailed me to ask how I am getting on with their products (I also bought their bluetooth speaker, which has been amazing) and reminded me that their products have an 18 month warranty, so I will see what their response is to my email and update this review accordingly.