5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
Published 15 months ago by Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suited to Android devices
This is a nice keyboard with the switches and LEDs on the top of the keyboard (for a change), but there are too many missing functions to make this practical for Android devices.

1. THIS IS AN AMERICAN KEYBOARD. Why-oh-why are these being sold in the UK? I wand to see "£" not "#" on the 3 key.
2. Pressing the Delete key locks the device...
Published 2 months ago by S. Haskins

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Anker® T320 Ultrathin (4mm) Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for iOS (iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad 2 / 3 / 4), Windows and Android 3.0 and above OS with Built-in lithium battery / Aluminum Body (Personal Computers)
I wanted to choose a keyboard to use with my Nexus 7 tablet. After much deliberation I chose the Anker Ultra-Slim, and have been using it for a couple of days now. It's arguably slightly less convenient than the type that clips onto the Nexus to form a hard case (which was my other option) but I believe the slightly larger size makes it more usable. It was supplied with low-profile rubber feet, and a micro USB cable but no charger, Anker expect you to use your tablet/phone charger.

The keys are well spaced and have a very positive 'springy' feel to them which, although I'm no touch typist, I find allows me to type at roughly the same speed as on a full size keyboard. Bearing in mind it's only 40mm wider than the Nexus when in landscape format I'm more than happy with that.

Although it's as light as a feather, and extremely thin, the build quality is fantastic. The back of the keyboard is actually aluminium, and the front has a soft rubbery type coating which looks great but can show greasy finger marks. The keys have the characters printed onto them, but the printing looks exactly the same as my 8 year old Logitech MX3000, so I have no concerns about the print wearing off over time.

There are three keys which, when used with the 'Fn' key, set the keyboard up for iOS, Android or Windows. The only downside I can find is that it has a US keyboard layout. However I got around this by using 'External Keyboard Helper' from the Google Play Store which re-maps the keys to a UK layout. It pairs easily, and stays paired, to both my Nexus 7 & Windows PC. I'm using it now to type this review on the PC and, when compared to my full size Logitech keyboard, it doesn't feel at all cramped or unnatural.

I do have to use a separate device to prop the Nexus up at a suitable angle - Anker make an iPad version of this keyboard that does just that, it's a pity they didn't think to include that feature here as it would be a great benefit.

Overall though I'm very happy and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and very lightweight yet sturdy - Excellent, 28 Aug 2013
Anker® Ultra-Slim(4mm) Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Keyboard Review

This is my first review of anything on here to date, I've decided I am going to actively review more of my purchases to make other people aware of any pros or cons with products that I have tested. As such I will be going back though my hardware purchases and adding in unbiased reviews.

There were specific reasons that I chose this particular product over the many alternatives that I looked into before making my final decision:

It has an inbuilt (rechargeable) battery
The keyboard is only 4mm thick
The price point (£19.99) is excellent

Having a built in battery, aside from meaning that I don't have to purchase batteries for the keyboard, also means that it can be manufactured much thinner than competing products as it doesn't have to house any relatively bulky standard AAA or even AA batteries.

Being chargeable via USB cable (supplied) means that I can recharge this with my Anker Astro E5 (other portable battery packs are available :P) so I never need to worry about running out of power.

Overall I am extremely pleased with this keyboard, it is sleek and very easy to type on. In fact I am writing this review on it right now.

The keyboard is supplied with a user manual, USB cable and 8 tiny rubber feet which you put on yourself. The manual must have been updated following previous reviews as other people stated that it didn't point out what the shortcut keys do, it does now so that's nice to see a company actually taking on board customer feedback.

Without the feet the keyboard will slide around slightly on a flat surface and these feet do a great job of preventing that.

They do add a tiny bit of depth to the keyboard taking it above 4mm at its thickest point, but not so much that it bothers me in any way.

You do need to be careful where you put them as the keyboard is so thin that it will flex under pressure if they are not thoughtfully placed. I put four in the corners around 2mm from the edges and then 4 more in a square towards the centre of the keyboard spaced out around 2 inches apart from each other.

To give you a better representation, the feet I placed in the middle are roughly beneath the following keys... "5", "8", "V" and "M" I did this because I had read previous reviews saying that the keyboard was flexing in the middle. This eliminated that problem completely and the keyboard feels sturdy under every key press regardless of which key I am applying pressure to.

Setting up the keyboard is a doddle even if you are non-technical, it's literally just a case of turning on Bluetooth on the device and clicking the connect button. When you tap on the "Keyboard" from your list of detected Bluetooth devices it prompts you to press a combination of four keys on the board and then it pairs.

One very minor gripe with the keyboard is that the aluminium on the underside of the keyboard is very easily scratched. I am gutted that I have already scratched mine. I accidentally let the metal hinge of my Smart Cover run across the back of the keyboard and it has put a minor surface scratch in the back. With this in mind it may have been nice if Anker included a soft fabric bag/cover for the keyboard when not in use to prevent it getting scratched putting it in and out of your bag.

The layout of the keys on the keyboard is very natural and there is only one point that will mean it takes a tiny bit of getting used to... The right hand shift key is very small and very close to the "up" key, which your little finger may find accidentally at times. So I've taken to using the left shift key as an alternative when I'm typing very quickly.

The only other thing I would have changed from a design point of view, personally, is I would have had the rubber feet in black, but permanently built into the underside of the keyboard. This way they could have been lower profile and much less likely to fall off once the keyboard has aged a little.

Both permanent feet and a supplied bag for protection would have increased the price point of this product so for 20 quid I think they have got it spot on. I would have paid £25-30 for it if it had a bag and some permanent feet, but I think for 20 pounds you really can't go wrong.

I can't really recommend this keyboard enough. It is brilliant. It is so thin that it actually fits inside my Belkin Pleated sleeve along with the iPad which has a Belkin Snap Shield Secure and a Smart Cover in place.

One thing I will say, of you are planning to work on this and using the "£" sign a lot then you have to use the iPad keyboard to do this as the Anker has a $ sign instead. This is not a real issue and it made considerably less of a ball-ache by the fact that pressing F4 on the Anker brings up the on screen keyboard; a nice touch.

I am so pleased with this purchase, although it is very early days I can see it lasting a long time if you take good care of it.

Although I am reviewing it from an IOS users perspective, it is worthy of note that it will also work with a Windows or an Android device.

In short, if you have 20 quid and want a highly portable Bluetooth keyboard, buy this.

I have given this product 4 stars, which for me is VERY good, I am not going to give a product 5 stars unless it really blows me away and I can't find any flaw at all.

If this was out of 10 I would have given 9, the only thing that lets it down, in my opinion, is having no £ sign for UK customers. The fact that I scratched mine within minutes of opening it is bugging me, but only because I'm an absolute perfectionist and I'm angry with myself that I wasn't more careful.

/edit since writing this review I have since learned that you can hold down the shift key and press 3 to get the £ sign! Have 5 stars Anker... Very, very well done.

Cheers,

Alex

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly slim, light, & portable, 15 May 2013
(ultra-slim 4mm version). There's plenty of super-small bluetooth keyboards around, this one is fantastic. Bought it to use with my ipad mini. It's about an inch wider than the mini - but only an inch narrower than my full-size macbook keyboard. This makes it extremely comfortable to type on - it's nowhere near as cramped as many of the other units around I've tried. It is well-built in aluminium and solid ABS plastic, and feels sturdy enough (although being so thin, its got quite a bit of flex so be aware). Paired quickly and with no issues, and no lag. I've written a couple of 2,000 word essays on it, and have had no problems. The upper row of function keys are super useful with the iPad as well. This coupled with the mini is the most incredibly portable near-laptop-replacement I could have wanted. It weighs nothing, works seamlessly, and is a great deal at this price. No idea about battery life - I've been using it plenty for the past 3 weeks and is still going strong.

One little tip - the keyboard comes with a pack of 8 sticky rubber feet dots; if you put them on the back of the keyboard around the edge, typing in the middle becomes quite bouncy and flexy. I recommend getting some thin strips of rubber tape for grip instead, to support the centre where your fingers are typing the most.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for Apple products, 14 May 2013
T. Smith (In front of this computer) - See all my reviews
I have requested this keyboard as part of the Anker Power user program, where by products are exchanged for honest feedback. I am a student and cannot afford an iPad but I do own a Android Smartphone. I am currently writing this review from my mobile phone, which would normally take forever, but with this keyboard it is as quick and easy as typing on a PC.

First Impressions - The keyboard is very thin, it is much thinner than my phone and is consequently easy to transport. It doesn't feel flimsy, and is made of good quality materials. The keys feel like an Apple product, and are laid out out as such with no windows key or ctrl alt delete familiar to windows users.

Setting Up - This took mere seconds. Simply turn it on, and pair with your bluetooth device. It comes with some charge and it is ready to rumble out of the box.

Using the Device - The typing experience is much the same as typing on a netbook. The keyboard is smaller than a keyboard for your desk, and it doesn't have any ergonomic tilting so it tires your wrists after a while. However, this is meant to make typing easier when out and about, and not necessarily to replace your laptop or desktop. I can achieve a reasonable touch typing speed using the keyboard. It comes with some gel dots to stick on the corners of the keyboard and stops the keyboard sliding about on the table top. There is a series of useful keys along the top, for volume, the home button and searching etc. I expect these are Apple optimised, but work well for Android also. Finally, this keyboard is either an Apple style or a US style board, the @ symbol is above the 2 and the punctuation is laid out differently. This is fine, but my phone maps this to a standard UK keyboard, so for example, pressing shift+2 should give an @ but instead gives ". This is not a problem however, and I am probably able to fix this in my phones settings.

Summary - Anyone with a bluetooth enabled portable device would benefit from this product. For the more tech saavy user, this is a key component to using your android phone as a desktop device, with a bluetooth mouse and a mhl adapter. However even for the average user who finds typing a drag on a smartphone, this can be really useful. I will certainly be using it for making lecture notes, posting reviews, and doing uni work whilst out and about.

Thanks Anker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice keyboard, ultra portable, 25 Aug 2013
I bought this keyboard to extend the capability of my Nexus 7 as a tool for creating documents and writing lengthy emails when travelling.
I have to say that I was delighted by the overall experience of using the product. I bought the version focused more specifically for the iPad but it still has buttons that apply to Android such as home etc.
I liked the action of the keys whilst typing, I used the keyboard continuously for about a week when I got it to see if I could use it for typing and as a touch typer I didn't have any problems, though it was slightly trickier than using a full sized computer keyboard.
The Bluetooth pairing works perfectly and so far it hasn't dropped connection.
As for weight and sturdiness, the aluminum backing gives it a robust feel despite the ultra slim profile and it weighs next to nothing. Certainly no problem to bring traveling.
They also included the USB charger cable and the documentation was clear and concise.
In summary this will be perfect for times when I only take my tablet traveling but still want the ability to write long documents or emails without wearing my finger out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suited to Android devices, 15 July 2014
S. Haskins - See all my reviews

2. Pressing the Delete key locks the device. Very annoying!
3. There is no 'Back' key only a 'Home' key.
4. There is no 'Menu' key.
5. The right shift key is next to useless, I keep pressing the up key instead.

A complete waste of #20

I previously had a Sandstrom keyboard which included all these features, but the build quality was so poor the power switch fell off after a few uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 27 July 2013
This is the 3rd keyboard I've purchased. The other 2 were incorporated into a case and were silicone keyboards. They have both stopped working after only a matter of months. This Anker keyboard has proper hard keys and is great. Much easier to type on. Easy to set up. Just looking for a suitable case to keep it in to protect it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, excellent customer service., 12 Nov 2013
Updated: My initial review mentioned a niggling problem with the space bar failing to register presses when typing fast. As a result of that review Anker customer services got in touch and sent me a replacement which works perfectly. Superb customer service. Review updated to reflect experience with the replacement.

I've had this keyboard for a month or so now, and have written about 20,000 words on it at this point.
The keyboard looks good, is well made and syncs easily with my Nexus 7 tablet. Battery life is excellent (I charge it every few days when I remember and have never had it die on me).
Typing on it is smooth and easy - the keys are well spaced and the layout is good in spite of the small size of the keyboard.
It's compact and lightweight, and is a much better addition to my bag than a laptop or netbook.

Would recommend to anyone who wants to be able to type efficiently on the go. The only downside is the lack of built in stand for phones and tablets, but this is easily overcome. At the current price (£19.99 at time of review) it's superb.

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap, very light and convenient. missing cut/paste/copy shortcut keys though, 8 May 2013
Silverfrog (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Anker keyboard review
I already have a Zagg Folio keyboard case which I really liked but this is much lighter and thinner. When Anker stated that it is ultra-slim they weren't kidding. It's about a third less thick than my Zagg keyboard and far lighter. I used to own an Apple bluetooth wireless keyboard too but found it far too long and bulky. If you have an carry case for your Ipad you might be able to fit the keyboard in as well as it's about 2/3 the width of my ipad 2 at it's thickest part (which is at the top of the keyboard) and drops to half as thick at the thinnest part (which is most of the keyboard space)
The keyboard comes with a USB to micro-USB cable charger which connects to the right side of the keyboard as well as 8 adhesive rubber feet to stop your keyboard from slipping around (although the 'manual' states that they supply you with 6 which is more than enough to cover the base of the keyboard). Connecting the keyboard to my Ipad was extremely simple - just ensure bluetooth is switched on your Ipad, switch on the keyboard power and press the connect button and you will be prompted to enter a 4 digit code on the keyboard.
I was disappointed about the so called ínstuction manual as it just lists the package contents, keyboard specs, charging and pairing instructions. No guide to the keyboard shortcuts is mentioned, even on the online version but this is not a huge deal. The shortcut keys at the top are from left to right;
-Home key
-background light up/down
-onscreen keyboard toggle
-photo slideshow of your pictures (which will also lock your Ipad)
-search key (although this could have been a more useful key function as the pressing the home key twice will go to search anyway)
-International keyboard toggle (if you've activated this on your ipad under settings)
-music controls back track, pause/play, forward track
-volume controls mute, down/up
-lock ipad key
If you're a mac user you may appreciate the control, option, command keys at the bottom of the keyboard (which I'm not).
I think the only things I really think are different to my Zagg keyboard are;
- the cut/paste/copy shortcut keys which would have been more useful than some of them
-there is no groove similar to the Zagg keyboard to slot your ipad on.

It is however very comfortable to use and type on (I'm doing this review on the keyboard) and extremely light for travelling and is designed for users flexibility in mind. You'll need either an Ipad case of your own or a Smart Cover so that you can prop your ipad at a convenient angle. The one benefit compared to the Zagg Folio is that you are not restricted to only one angle with the groove in the keyboard.z
Overall an extremely light keyboard which is comfortable to use and at 1/3 the cost of a Zagg keyboard, it's very good value. If you're not bothered about colour, the white keyboard is cheaper by about £6 but one last thing to note is that that there are no £ signs and you need to use the onscreen keyboard for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb keyboard! (Running on Android), 22 May 2013
Just received this today, a day earlier than anticipated! The keys are smooth and refined and the whole keyboard has a premium feel to it due to the aluminium back and solid structure. The layout of the keyboard isn't traditional so it took me all of two minutes to get used to typing on it. Seriously though, there is ample space for both hands to operate the keys simultaneously. The tablet specific hotkeys at the top are immensely useful and function normally and as would be expected.

Tried on my Note 10.1, iPad 3 and my S3. All synced with no difficulty whatsoever and no lag in key presses being registered on the word processing apps (QuickOffice, Kingsoft Office, OfficeSuite).