5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic from the first listen
Published on 11 Sep 2011 by Andre

2.0 out of 5 stars depressing
I bought it on the strength of having heard hell on heels.I was very dissappointed with the rest of the songs and would not recommend this CD.
Published 5 months ago by sally jolliffe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic from the first listen, 11 Sep 2011
Andre (TURRIFF, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hell on Heels (Audio CD)
Generally my music taste is Electronic, Rock and easy listening pop. I happened across this when I was buying an mp3 album on amazon and needed something else to get the 2 for a tenner deal - I think this just came up as a new release and I clicked on the previews not expecting much. However, I was completely blown away by the incredible talent on offer here. I don't consider myself a country music fan but it's certainly something I'll be investigating more. I'd assume this to be very commercial country music, there's no filler on this album and I found myself liking every track on first listen and the songs get better and better from there on in. I guess in summary, country music for the casual music fan ? This deservers to sell squillions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trailer for rent....no down payment............, 5 Jun 2012
This review is from: Hell on Heels (Audio CD)
Nothing wrong with some good old down to earth healthy cynicism coupled with attitude by the bucket load and all splendidly packaged into 30 minutes of pure gold, plus some well placed humour thrown in for good measure.The Pistol Annies make such a refreshing change with their tuneful and well observed songs led by the ' Crazy Ex Girlfriend ' herself.....Miranda Lambert.Tell it like it is girls and if their future albums are as good as this then long may the cynics spew out their disdain.This album is an exceptional treat, musically and lyrically.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Country Trio Ever, 7 Sep 2011
Mr. B. R. Good (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Hell On Heels (MP3 Download)
Miranda Lambert has teamed up with fellow songwriter-friends Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley to create the perfect country album. The highlight of the album is track Lemon Drop. The vocals and recording sound incredibly authentic, as if it's been recorded at Sun Studios decades ago and the analogue recording now discovered.
Each artist is individually impressive and as a group they are great and they know it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rollicking good country album., 28 Mar 2013
Musicfan (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hell on Heels (Audio CD)
I have all the Miranda Lambert CDs and am not really sure what all the fuss is about. She is a pretty good singer and a pretty good songwriter but I am not sure she is worthy of all the awards she has been getting. Here she teams up with Ashley Monroe who is a quite superb country singer and for me a more expressive and better singer than Miranda. I don't know much about Angeelena Presley save she can sing. Miranda might be the sueprstar of this group but to her credit she does not lord it over the other 2 and this is a real group effort with vocals shared. It is an album that has the feel of 3 singers really enjoying making the album. The songs are more country sounding than on a Miranda Lmbert album. Right from the first track to the last this album is country with attitude and fun. Highly entertaining. A rollicking good listen. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing From Start to Finish, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Hell on Heels (Audio CD)
I bought this about 3 months ago after having completed my collection of Miranda Lambert Cds, and found this album has quickly risen to become one of my favourites. They work extremely well as a trio, and I've found there is no song I skip. I would highly recommend this, you won't regret it. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent country music, 9 May 2014
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Hell on Heels (Audio CD)
With a trio of top quality singers ibcluding Miranda Lambert, this album, like its sequel Annie Up, sounds more country than what I've heard of Miranda's solo music so fareen conceived partly as a way for Miranda to record some recognizably country music while recording other nusic to satisfy her record label and the fans who buy her solo music. Am I being cynical? Maybe, but I enjoy her solo music even though I question its classification as country, whereas I have no hesitation in classifying the music of the Pistol Annies as country.

Some of the songs are amusing including Trailer fir rent, which has some mild expletives in the lyrics. I generally prefer songwriters to avoid expletives of any kind, but they work well here.

This whole album is great from the opening Hell on heels to the closing Family feud.

4.0 out of 5 stars first album ive heard of theres, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Hell on Heels (Audio CD)
a very good country album does have a modern slant to it production is very clear the playings tight and focused

4.0 out of 5 stars Great songs. Poor value!, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Hell on Heels (Audio CD)
I bought this album because I am a big fan of Miranda Lambert, and absolutely love the songs, particularly the title song, and Lemon Drop, but I was shocked to find that the whole album only lasts for just over 30 minutes! I am not suggesting for one minute that the ladies pad out the album with filler tracks but I'm sure with the wealth of talent they possess they could have come up with more songs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls with attitude!, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Hell on Heels (Audio CD)
An excellent mix of songs from country girls who won't take any nonsense from their men - a refreshing change from the "stand by your man" kind of country song!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Hell on Heels (Audio CD)
I was bought this album for christmas and what a brilliant album it is. All the songs are excellent. The women sing so well together. The songs are upbeat. The lyrics are great. I hope they release another album in the future because they are very good. This one is not to be missed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›