on 1 April 2013
Easy, entertaining & sizzling! Quite short story, but totally captivating! Read it in a 2 hour journey! I liked the build up to the sexual attraction & romance between Daniel & Maddy. Made it more plausible & both characters are very believable and likeable. The beginning was a bit weird and at first I struggled to get into both characters because they seemed so business like & unfeeling, but that soon changed as they quickly became more human! Read this if you enjoy a good, easy romance.
on 1 April 2013
I really enjoyed this book, Daniel seemed very appealing, mmm!! nice short story to lose yourself in for the day. Knew how it would end, but for every romantic out there its a fun sexy easy read.
on 3 August 2013
well this isnt a bad story but its different, not sure how much I enjoyed it, was a pleasant read bit cheesy and silly for me I think, prefer more of a story than a simple marriage of convenience for USA residency status, then realise they are truly in love! The story continues in 2 follow on books but I dont feel compelled to read them as I usually would, kind of sums up my opinion of this book I suppose!
on 13 May 2014
This was free so I will be kinder..
A little scattered in the storyline, feels she read 50 shades half way through and thought, do you know what let's throw a bit of bondage in... I don't believe billionares need to con the INS ..... Do they care if your a citizen... A bit dated.
The end felt a little rushed, like she had got bored with it. Again billionaires who have conquered what ever.... Can't express himself
on 9 June 2014
brr so cold and shallow, reading this is like asking your imagination to thrive in a cold glass building of empty panic attack proportions. If you were looking to cuddle up and sink into a book of warmth this isn`t it
on 27 August 2015
I got this book free on Amazon and read on my phone on my way back from San Diego. Its a quick, enjoyable read.

The book is told by Maddy Wainright, a graphic designer who leads a pretty quiet and romantically depressing life.

Maddy works for Daniel Thorne, really rich, obviously good looking (because when is the main guy ever not good looking), and smart guy; who is about to get deported back to Canada. Of course Mr. Smart Guy has a plan to avoid deportation; a marriage of convenience (because that never goes wrong).

Well, Daniel makes Maddy the offer, they marry, she gets to live a life of luxury and gets a few of her bills taken care of, who can really say no to having those dreadful student loans paid off, hells I'd take that deal right now. It wouldn't be a book if Maddy had said no; so yeah, she takes the deal, who wouldn't, oh, and did I mention at the end of the agreement she gets two million dollars.

Of course, Maddy falls for Daniel, who turns out to not be such a jerk, a little quirky, but overall really thoughtful towards Maddy. Don't fret, the attraction isn't one sided, they just both think that because, who really wants to tell their crush "hey I like you".

I enjoyed the book, the love story is sweet, I've already gone ahead and gotten the rest of the books in the series.
on 16 May 2014
Good little holiday read, simple, and hardly very deep, but enjoyable.
Nothing too taxing in this one for sure, but very predictable.
This book was free, which is why I took it. I didn't realise there are 2 other books in the series available. Not sure I'd actually hand money over for them, as it would appear the author may well have read 50 shades, and thought she'd give it a go.
on 27 May 2013
Just a bit more far fetched than usual, but still very readable. Overall I did enjoy it and would read this author again. Daniels foibles are never really explained, which is a pity because it does detract from the overall effect on the story. I really wasn't sure why Florence appeared right towards the end as she makes no real impact on the story line.
on 12 July 2014
This story started out as I expected...a feel good, predictable quick-read romance with Maddy entering a marriage of convenience to help out her handsome, rich boss, Daniel. I'm a huge fan of the movie 'The Proposal' so this was right up my street...until the caring, gentlemanly boss suddenly turned all 50 shades-Mr Grey-bondage man. It didn't fit with the way we'd be led through the story and, to be honest, it gave me the creeps. The tone of the book had implied he'd be inexperienced with women and together they'd achieve the passion they had missed out on...but in a much more mutually agreeable manner. For this reason alone I won't be buying the sequels.
on 7 March 2013
The main character in this book is very appealing; she's a modern, focused kind of woman. She doesn't have the silly meltdowns that some romance writers have their heroines doing - her emotional reactions are believable and real. A lot of the hero's character is implied rather than explored, which was a shame - this book could have been twice as long and I would have still read it in one sitting.
The writing style is light and refreshingly direct, with some nice touches and turns of phrase that made me smile. The sex scenes are quite subtle but still hot.
All in all, this is a fun book with a satisfying conclusion.