4.0 out of 5 stars Large Box
The first thing that struck me when i opened this set is its size. Its pretty large in the days of silm line box sets, about 9 inches by 9 inches (8 inches tall) and dominates my DVD collection. The box top lifts off to show the 11 dvd boxes side by side (the 11th box being the extras). No inserts in the boxes which is a shame.

It contains all star trek movies...
Published on 23 Nov 2009 by Joseph Churcher

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Fully worth it for fans!
Published on 7 May 2011 by Paul

4.0 out of 5 stars Large Box, 23 Nov 2009
Joseph Churcher (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews

It contains all star trek movies from 1-10 as described, they are the theatrical versions and not the extended versions. Each film has the language options of English / French / German (bar the extras disc, this is English only). All Discs have subtitles as well, including on the commentary, in the following languages;

Subtitle languages - English / English for hearing impaired / Danish / Dutch / Finnish / French / German / Norwegian / Swedish

Commentary Subtitle languages - English / German / French

In short, pretty box, good movies, slightly disapointing extras. If you are a fan who dosnt currently have the DVDs, its a good price to get them.

5.0 out of 5 stars HD heaven, 6 Dec 2009
S. R. Williams (London) - See all my reviews
Having had the Star Trek movies on Video, Laserdisc, DVD and now Blu-ray I can state without fear that the Blu-ray discs are the best I have seen these movies, why does everyone go on about the Directors cut, the only movie that was a directors cut was the motion picture (and much improved it was too), Star trek 2 & 6 had extra scenes which to be honest are my preferred cuts but as the Director has stated in the recent edition of Star Trek magazine he refused to let the DVD releases be call Directors Cuts as they were not, they just has a few seconds of footage inserted that he lost the fight over at the editing stage prior to release.

Was I disappointed that Star Trek I, II & VI were not the extended editions, of course but even so sit back and savour Star Trek in glorious HD, you will not be sorry.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Fully worth it for fans!, 7 May 2011
OK Its Star Trek, its going to be great!! But the Box sets are NOT Special Editions. Ok you will moan at me saying who cares about 5 -10 minutes of extra filming or different versions etc. I say "good point" however, IF they have released the Box Sets before with everything, including Directors Cuts, why not just do the same with the Blu ray? I have noticed most films have been down graded for Blu ray release only to be up graded once you have bought the others. See my point? I still have my old Box Set on DVD from 2006 release with all the directors cuts, no point getting the Blue ray versions yet!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek, 10 film DVD boxset - Excellent all round release, 4 May 2010
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This is a great release of the ten Star Trek films. If you are looking here you're probably familiar with the films, so I will just discuss the release itself.

The films have all been remastered, cleaned up and presented in the best possible quality. Having owned a few of the previous editions I can say that the picture quality is excellent. Especially on the older Kirk and Co films the difference is really noticeable, and they look almost as though they were filmed last year. The sound has also been fully cleaned up, and is presented in 5.1 surround. Again, the effort is noticeable and the result superb.

The ten films are each in normal wide DVD boxes, all gathered into a large, stylish cardboard cube. My only gripe is that the box is too big to fit in my DVD shelf, it would have been easy to make it a bit smaller.

There are a wealth of extras with each film, and a further 2 discs of extras. In the main these are reasonably interesting and add to the set, but I suspect some of them will be of interest to the more serious Trekkie.

In summary, for the low price being asked when I bought this, it's an excellent set. The films are in the best possible condition, and it's really worth replacing the previous editions with these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still boldly going then..., 28 Nov 2010
B. J. Davies "EntilZha" (The Rhondda, South Wales) - See all my reviews
I bought this set based on the majority of the reviews here that said the picture quality, especially over the original case films was much improved over the DVD versions, and having watched movies 1 - 4 so far I cannot argue with that assessment, they are indeed a lot sharper and much clearer. This will be immediately obvious in the very first scene of the very first movie with the three Klingon ships approaching the VEGER cloud, a massive difference. However there are some oddities in this first film, the first is when Kirk is being given a tour around the refitted Enterprise in the shuttle, as the shuttle pulls out in front of the gantry a part of the cloud on the planet below passes in front of the gantry! It catches your eye the first time making you uncertain what you saw. Next, when he is going under the saucer section and the screen switches to a view up to the underside there are some very large and obvious dirt marks on the camera, at least three that I counted. Finally, when Aylia is walking down into the VEGER pit it is really grainy, so it looks like this scene could not be made better. In the end none these things really matter to me, they are a minor and fleeting annoyance as the set is well worth having purely for the better quality.

The box is nice but way to overpowering in size for my liking so I have made a custom 10-DVD case to hold these films and put the box away in the attic saving space on the shelves and looking better (in my opinion) in the bargain. The cases as individual films though would look really nice together on a shelf if you, like me, do not want to use the box.

None of the films are the special or extended editions, not really a bad thing as the specials and extended versions did not really have a lot more in them, certainly not enough to make owning these a bad thing.

The four movies with forced stream subtitles work perfectly and are all automatically switched on, at least on my Panasonic. This is an important point as on the same machine one of the DVD's did not do this and I had to select it manually when I wanted to watch the film.

On my Onkyo AV Receiver I am getting something called Dolby EX 5.1 Surround (connected via HDMI) which I have never seen before. The sound is crisp and clear, bass is superb and not overpowering, a vast improvement over the original DVD's in every way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Star trek box set, 20 Jan 2010
John Hamilton "Hammy" (Aberdeen, Scotland uk) - See all my reviews
This is a must have box set for any star trek fan.
Well worth every penny the bonus disc is great as it has Kirk,Spock,Picard & Ryker being interviewed by Whoopi Goldberg absolutely brilliant listening to them all talking about there individual experiences on making the films & series. ITS A MUST SEE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trekkie Heaven!, 22 Sep 2010
Buy this for the Trekkie in your family! All 10 movies from Kirk Scotty & co's first big screen outing up to the last from Capt.Jean Luc & his crew in one beautiful big cube.
Husband & I bought this as a gift - for ourselves!
We had seen it at a far larger price elsewhere - so thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice boxed set, 9 Jun 2013
Some have complained that this release is missing this and that, or that no-one would buy this because they should have bought some other edition. So what. I wanted the movies on Blu-ray. I didn't have them. Now I do and I am very happy with this set for the price that I paid - just over £7 per film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Damn it Jim I'm a theatrical cut not a directors!, 15 Nov 2011
Not going to bore you with my opinion on each movie but lay down the important info for these blu rays. Firstly good news is they are region free I bought from England and play on my jap ps3. Picture can be sublime on some movies (motion picture, khan, first contact and Nemesis) and not so great on others (search for Spock, final frontier) tho they are all a marked improvement on the DVDs. Most of the special edition extras are ported over from the DVD special editions and you will find HD exclusives such as an interview with James Horner on Khan and a roundtable discussion on the next generation movies by a collection of relevant fans. There is also a HD exclusive two disk extras blu Ray with the highlight a roundtable discussion with shatner, Nimoy, Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes hosted by Whoopi Goldberg. You'll find HD exclusive commentaries not on the DVDs so overall it's an impressive package (a giant box set blu enterprise cover encasing 11 standerd blu Ray boxes). I have one problem with this box set and that is we are denied the directors cuts of motion picture, Khan and undiscovered country. In my opinion they are all superior to the theatricals (scottys personal loss in khan, scooby doo ending in country, a mercifully shorter and tighter version of motion picture!) This leads to quite a stripping down of extras for the motion picture and to not even give the viewer the option of which version to watch is a slap in the face to the late Robert Wise and Nicholas Meyer director and writer involved with 3 of the better treks khan,voyage home and undiscovered country. Overall a solid package but not perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars star trek dvds, 29 Jan 2012
bought this set as a gift for my partner, he was absolutly delighted with this set, could not believe how good the picture was looked like they were made yesterday. would recommend to any star trek fanatic.