4.0 out of 5 stars Juat what I needed
Published 12 months ago by Orlando

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what it's cracked up to be
I was really quite disappointed with this little USB stick. Yes it does have all of Bach's works on it, but all the keyboard works are on a harpsichord and can get a bit grinding after a while. The cantatas sound a bit rough and I wish I'd gone for a different version of them.
Published 3 months ago by Mr. C. A. Stewart

4.0 out of 5 stars Juat what I needed, 7 Aug 2013
Orlando (Whitehaven, Cumbria (UK)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Bach Edition [USB MEMORY STICK] (Audio CD)
This USB edition of Bach's complete works fulfills a very real need to me. I spend much of my time business-travelling, and I rely on Bach's music for spiritual refreshment - I need it as much as the air I breathe. With this practical USB in my pocket I can always listen to Bach when I am on the move on planes and trains or during the lonely hotel nights away from home and family. Consequently, I am very satisfied with the purchase. I will not extoll the high quality of the performances because this has already been done before in the detailed online reviews available elsewhere. But I can praise the idea of packaging the music, PDF's, documentary and other information, as well as the handy program provided to select any piece you want. I don't give it 5 stars merely because the texts of the cantatas are not included, but these are easy to obtain online, anyway. It doesn't take a genius to figure that a CD will sound better than a compressed mp3 file, but I knew that well enough before I purchased the set. Nevertheless, at the encoding rate of 320 KBPS, with the mobile equipment I use (aided by high-quality headphones) this is perfectly fine for me. For top-quality audiophile levels of sound purity I have my CD set of Bach's complete works waiting back at home, anyway. So, if you need Bach on the move (and don't want to spent ages encoding your 150 CD Bach collection in a usable way) then this is definitely good for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! Fantastic Set!, 13 May 2013
David (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Bach Edition [USB MEMORY STICK] (Audio CD)
If only more complete editions would be issued this way! This USB key contains some fantastic recordings and all encoded at a high enough rate (320kbps) to make it eminently playable. Great recordings with comprehensive sleeve notes from the CD set and a bonus hour documentary taken from the BBC Great Composers series. Lacking libretti but that would be my only criticism!

Please publishers, let us have more complete sets issued on USB keys!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what it's cracked up to be, 19 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Bach Edition [USB MEMORY STICK], 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Complete Bach Edition [USB MEMORY STICK] (Audio CD)
It's a great idea. Wonderful!!!! The complete Bach edition is fantastic. I'm very satisfied. Cantata, orchestral music, vocal music, great maestros and musicians!

1.0 out of 5 stars The dumbest idea: Bach in a lossy format in a USB drive, 13 July 2013
This review is from: The Complete Bach Edition [USB MEMORY STICK] (Audio CD)
I have 2 sets of Bach's complete works: Hänssler and Brilliant Classics. And as much as I'd like to have a third one, I don't see the point in paying 136 pounds for such sublime music in a lossy format.
It doesn't matter how good are the files: if you have a nice equipment, you'll notice the difference and wonder why you wasted your money in this.
If this is the way Warner is trying to keep up with the times, someone should tell them about HDtracks or, for that matter, that there are lossless formats.
I just can't see the point in selling lossy formats to an audience interested in buying a set with the complete works of JS Bach.

The Complete Bach Edition [USB MEMORY STICK]
The Complete Bach Edition [USB MEMORY STICK] by Ton Koopman (Audio CD - 2013)