4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mid range handset
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:55 Mins
This is a brilliant mid range handset from Sony. Has a premium feel about it and actually feel much nicer in the hand than the plasticy Samsung range of handsets.

Published 19 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Great But On A Budget!
This phone is good for multitasking and playing games. When it comes to camera don't be fooled by the Exmor RS camera. Do check out the cons below!

Pros
----
+ 4.3" screen (480x854 pixels) with 228 PPI (sharper picture)
+ Android OS 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
+ Dual Core 1GHz Krait CPU
+ Adreno 305 GPU
+ Qualcomm MSM8230 Snapdragon...
Published 22 months ago by S. Miah

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mid range handset, 17 Oct. 2013
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Length:: 1:55 Mins

The design is really nice, it has a slight arch to it and a silver trim. Best of all it has a dedicated camera button! I don't know about you, but I've missed a camera button on mobiles, so much easier to use than the screen button. The actual camera isn't as responsive as I'd like, it sometimes feels like an age has passed between pressing the button and a photo being taken compared to other smartphones I've used.

The screen is a good size and is nice and clear. There are 3 software buttons at the bottom of the screen and these disappear in certain situations and can be fiddle to get back (e.g. when you want to exist picture view mode). Given there is space under the screen itself I'm surprised Sony didn't pop the buttons there as most other manufacturers do. At the bottom of the handset is a little light, one that's far more subtle than the light bar you see on some Sony handsets.

It's nippy to use, takes good photos and is a good all round handset. Perfect for anyone that wants a nice handset but isn't bothered about a massive screen of loads of processors. This gets the job done and looks good while it's doing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought to replace an old Nokia, 14 Aug. 2013
This is an excellent Phone and Great value for money.

I did quite a lot of research before ordering this phone from Amazon. I was looking for a mid priced Android phone with a larger than average screen, SD card slot and dual core processor, the Sony Xperia L matched the specification that I was looking for plus it is backed by a well known brand.

This phone lives up to what I expected and even more, the screen is a great size and very clear, still visible outside even in bright sunlight.

Thanks Amazon and Sony.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Phone, Must Buy, 10 Dec. 2013
This phone is fantastic for a mid range phone,i haven't had any problems with it, its does everything its supposed to. The phone its self is perfect to fit in your pocket, the camera is great for 8mp, the screen quality is fantastic, very clear, the battery life is great, but not so great if your playing games and going on apps but otherwise a great little phone... I would greatly recommend this phone to anybody. :) A+++

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Xperia L review, 21 Sept. 2014
Purchased this phone after owning a Blackberry curve for a couple of years. Did a fair bit of research on various alternatives such as the Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 mini, Blackberry 10 models, Nokia Lumia and a few others, however in the end I opted for the Xperia L. A major attraction was the brand. Sony in my opinion are a class leading, iconic brand and I have owned plenty of their products over the years, and been very pleased. And with the Xperia L, I am not dissapointed.

In terms of value for money I think this phone is superb. I only paid £120 (from another seller). The screen is a good sized 4.3 inches - the same as it's more upmarket brother, the Z1 compact. However I didn't want anything too big that I couldn't fit in my pocket. This phone is a great compromise in that respect. The screen resolution/clarity is excellent, it's userfriendly and easy to understand, and the internet is pretty quick. I like features like the built in 'Walkman' software also. The camera is also very good.
I also think this phone is a looker. Its sleek with some nice detailing like the aluminium power button, and curved rear. One my friends has an i phone 5c and - in my opinion - it looks cheaper and less classy than the Xperia L. The led notification light is also a smart touch. Build quality and fit and finish are also to a high standard. Battery life is very good and you have the option to use Sony's 'Stamina' powersave feature which helps run the phone more economically.

Downsides? Almost nothing really. I feel the back cover (as others have mentioned) is slightly fiddly to remove and the volume up/down buttons don't feel quite as nice to use as my previous Blackberry phone. It is also a touch on the heavy side but not that different from rivals.

Overall though, I would certainly reccomend this phone. If you want a mid range handset at an entry level price seriously consider an Xperia L. It really is excellent value for money these days at around the £120 mark. Although Sony's flagship Z models get all the attention this is still a great phone, that should not be overlooked. You also get to stand out from the many that buy Galaxy's and i Phones and that suits me.....

4.0 out of 5 stars sony xperia L, 25 Jan. 2014
A. Agrawal (UK) - See all my reviews
i have used an HTC and currently using a Samsung Galaxy S3, so naturally when i thought of buying my wife a new phone i looked at these 2 brands first. She didn't want a Samsung because I already have a Samsung and it would be 2 too many, and I didn't want to buy HTC because i have already had it once, and we definitely didn't want Windows phone or an iPhone either because they are too darn expensive and they are closed systems in which you can't even change the battery yourself. Being a supporter of open source Android was the only option left and having compared several makes like LG, and several of Sony's, we settled for Xperia L. Great looks and design, brilliant sound quality which Sony are known for, 8MP camera with 1Ghz dual core processor and 1GB RAM and a fantastic 4.3 inch display which is very ergonomic. At £190, this was a bargain deal!

And for people into smartphone photography, the camera in this phone does HDR (high dynamic range) photography as well, isn't that great? WE love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 13 Dec. 2013
Looks good, high quality feel, not too big like a lot of phones are these days. The camera is good although not outstanding, all apps run smooth, sony's android skin looks great. The back is a bit fiddly to get off, but that's not really a massive issue. Overall a great phone especially for the price.
Oh yeah it was delivered quickly and everything was intact when I got it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great But On A Budget!, 4 Aug. 2013
S. Miah "omiaho" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Xperia L SIM-Free Smartphone - White (Android) (discontinued by manufacturer) (Wireless Phone)

Pros
----
+ 4.3" screen (480x854 pixels) with 228 PPI (sharper picture)
+ Android OS 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
+ Dual Core 1GHz Krait CPU
+ Adreno 305 GPU
+ Qualcomm MSM8230 Snapdragon chipset
+ 1GB RAM
+ 8GB built in storage (5.4GB usable)
+ MicroSD supported
+ 720p video recording @ 30fps
+ Wifi
+ Bluetooth
+ NFC
+ LED strip for notifications

Cons
----
- Buggy software
- Software support is slow (don't expect top notch software update, this is where Sony fails)
- No 1080p video recording
- No Mobile BRAVIA (previous/olders models have it)
- Screen viewing angles are poor
- Big and heavy for for 4.3" phone
- Ridiculous way to remove back cover (Someone must have been drunk in the Sony design team)
- Battery life is poor and not optimised with software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Quality As Usual, 3 April 2014
I bought this phone as I have always bought Sony Ericsson previously. Sony isn't a cheap brand, but as I had a Sony Tv for 12 years before it died, I thought that I'd go for a Sony phone when they parted company with Ericsson. The phone is very easy to handle and as I have dropped it a number of times, it is also very sturdy.
The phone has so many functions that I doubt that I will ever use them all. Still I do like my phone and especially the Walkman music player. It is also possible to drag and drop music from your computer music folder straight to the device. It even imported my playlists too. The phone is very stylish and if you don't want to follow the crowd, (those with the Apple one) this phone is a good quality to compete with. The camera is very good as is the video player. The phone is easy to use as the functions are straight forward and easy for any techo-phob to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PHONE, 18 Sept. 2013
Battery and picture quality is very good.

Battery lasts me for more than 24 hours and would not mind buying it again

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it very much until I had bike accident where ..., 30 Aug. 2014
Previously I had HTC Wildfire S bought about 3 years ago. I liked it very much until I had bike accident where it was hit against hard place and its speaker makes very distorted sounds. I selected Xperia because I could not find a good equivalent to my loss with HTC. On the other hand my daughter has a similar Xperia phone and she recommended me this one. It works much better then Wildfire, has more features, better camera, sound, display, battery and of course everything is better than it was three years ago, and I payed less. The only small annoyance is that is hard to open when e.g. changing SIM card, but that's done once in a while.