Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.71

on 15 September 2013
As a Truth Student I have a voracious appetite everything written on the subject. The problem is that very often the arcane style of writers such as Troward and Behrend overshadows the value of the content. Not so with Scovel Shinn. From start to finish the book flows seamlessly and is beautifully illustrated with living examples from within her store house of experience. It difficult to believe that this small volume was written almost 100 years ago save for some of the more obvious sayings of the day. In every other way this is a work of ageless wisdom, andi commend it to you without hesitation.
on 7 November 2012
Not knowing what to expect,i was delighted and pleasantly surprised at just how much i enjoyed this book,and agree with other readers who say read one of Florence Scovel Shinn`s books and you have to read them all. I intend to do just that and look forward to it.Excellent.
on 29 April 2013
This book will change your life forever. The wisdom is humbling and transformational. I know it will be a book I will read again and again, hopefully until it all sinks in and I am able to live this enlightened Truth. Florence must have been an amazing person and I would have loved to have met her. She encourages an absolute fearless faith in God and an awareness of the infinite power at our disposal when linked with God within. She impresses upon the reader the vital importance of choosing your words carefully and making powerful affirmations to create your hearts desires. If only this sort of wisdom was taught in schools!

I also love the 1920's style of language throughout, it gives it such an innocence, however, that and the many typos can make it a little difficult to understand at times.
on 21 October 2013
This is a lovely simple book with a wonderful message

I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to better themselves
on 8 September 2012
Bought this book because I did already know the power of the spoken word and needed to hear how other people had experienced it-I just love it-use it everyday!
on 6 February 2014
I love this lady's writings. She was at her best in 1920's New York and her prose reflects a 'well-to-do' social background of her era. Get past the archaic language and absorb the message and the zeal with which it is delivered - she was (and, through her writing, still is) an inspired, motivational teacher of Truth.
on 28 December 2012
loved it, very powerful you just have to apply it to your life and stick to it and that is the most hardest part, killing old habits and negative thoughts.....
on 24 May 2014
Certainly a message like this can only bring clarity in a mind that is searching for answers ...it is a door to a wider view of yourself and the world we seem to live in
on 31 October 2011
THE POWER OF THE SPOKEN WORD By FLORENCE SCOVEL-SHINN Explores The Fantasies Of Traditional Christianity, And Gives Light Exposure To Science - Science Being 'An Angle Of The Law' (Angel Of The Lord) - An Angle Of The Laws Of Nature And Of Man.

The Angle? Metaphysics - The Attitude Of Being - The Blessings - (The Beatitudes) - And Curses - (Curses Are Really Just Indirect Blessings, Blessings In Disguise - The Cloud With Silver Lining, The Cloud With A Gold Template [ie: Potential] For Doing Good.
It's A Bit Like 'Bad Luck', It's Still Luck As Opposed To Being 'Un-Lucky' - {ie: Not-So-Lucky}).

The Law? The Disciplines Of All Sciences - (ie: Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Formal Sciences, Professions And Applied Sciences).

THE POWER OF THE SPOKEN WORD By FLORENCE SCOVEL-SHINN Is An Excellent Book That Confirms 'The Holy Bible's View Of John 1: - 'In The Beginning Was The Word, Then The Word Became Flesh'.

THE POWER OF THE SPOKEN WORD By FLORENCE SCOVEL-SHINN reveres, reveals and explains in plain simple language how we get fat on the fruits of our laborious words. How we eat own our words, how our words come back to haunt us, how our words take set/take root and manifest in our lives, how our non-physical words become physical realms of who we are, why we do, and what we become. How the non-physical matter transforms itself into physical matter to become physical physical entities in 'our own personal' world.

THE POWER OF THE SPOKEN WORD By FLORENCE SCOVEL-SHINN highlights how the very words we speak is the 'Magic Wand' we ourselves wave over our lives. Anyone who knows anything about Magic tricks, knows that when the 'Magician' waves a 'Magic Wand' over a situation or trick the Magician utters/mutters words like 'Acracadabra', then the trick is done. Fairy Tale Wizards and Witches cast their spells and say something like 'Hocus Pocus'....., then the spell is cast and the deed is done.
We are 'The Magicians' of our lives. Our 'Acracadabra', our 'Hocus Pocus' is Spoken 'Out Of The 'Overflow' Of The Heart'.
'The Mouth Speaks' - 'Justly' - only to sign, seal and deliver 'The Overflow' - then the deed is done.
'Your Word' Is The 'Signature' Needed To Complete The Transaction - 'Your Signature' - To Your Life Path, Deeds, Ailments Of Needs Must Wants - Cast And Set In Stone.

If your motivation for 'Being/Doing/Having/Living/Representing' is contradictory to the Good, Well Being or Advancement of yourself, any individual or humanity - well let's just say 'Be Careful What You Wish For'.... - life has a sure way of biting us in the 'ifs, ands, buts, maybe' - you reap what you sow - what goes around comes around - opposites attract - and all that.
In other words, if you 'think' jealousy, jealousy happens - ie: if you want to make someone jealous of you, you might find yourself in a stormy jealous relationship, or that you become jealous and vindictive of others.
If your 'ambition' is to be 'rich and famous' and become a 'celebrity', you could find your life spiralling upwards/downwards/out-of-control in the criminal fraternity of notoriety.
At the other end of the scale you might find yourself 'earning a record' compensatory financial figure payout for your sufferings.

But it's not all doom and gloom, nor does it have to be as any individual or any group that has crossed frontier barriers knows - ie: Paralympians Do A Fantastic Job Of 'Being/Doing/Having/Living/Representing' Their Country As The Best Display Of Professional Sportsmanship, thereby revealing that in general, living life is ever so fascinating and exciting.
By Contrast, All Public Sector Workers Do A Fantastic Job Of 'Compliance' With And 'Observance' Of Statutory And Mandatory Law.

It's all about the sub-conscious mind.
It's what goes on in the sub-conscious mind that counts.
What we 'Say' (conscious and sub-conscious words and thoughts), 'Do' (conscious and sub-conscious acts) and Believe (sub-conscious thinking), reinforces our sub-conscious mind.
Each faculty has to be Synchronised in Perfect Harmony with the other.
That's what this book is all about, how one thing precipitates another - how one action precipitates another.

THE POWER OF THE SPOKEN WORD By FLORENCE SCOVEL-SHINN is the 'Written Word' of a woman who in the 1920s understood THE POWER OF THE SPOKEN WORD - something that only in the last decade we are coming to terms with, with regards to verbal abuse and negative words and influences of the society around us.

Thank You!
on 21 December 2014
This book has revolutionised my thinking! I identify with the people Florence quotes who have negative and positive thoughts, as I am in the process of allowing Godly principles, concepts penetrate my thoughts and words. Where I'm successful at doing this I see the miracles and wonders of God, although not in the way I would have thought it would manifest!

This book articulates the transition I'm experiencing. Love it!!