on 12 January 2014
I have fallen in love with this camera, it is easy to use, gives great pictures and with the feature of holding picture firm even if I am shaking a little I am delighted with it. Even with arthritic hands I can operate it easily.
on 5 September 2013
My previous Coolpix camera died after being head butted by the dog! I liked the set up, light weight and quality of the image so chose an up to date Coolpix camera as a replacement. This is even lighter, has an excellent zoom and so far has produced good pictures. If you want a point and shoot camera but with lots of easily used functions consider this - great for the price.
on 2 January 2014
Brought this for my husband for Christmas for his hobby which is fishing this is a small compact camera which fits in the palm of your hand takes excellent pictures my husband is very happy with this camera
on 8 February 2014
Takes great pics in auto mode. Am coming to terms with the other settings which are quite easy to understand. Some I will use and some I will not. Overall the operation is quite simple and it is very compact which enables you to take it with you whenever you go out. Only downside is lack of an instruction manual, although you can download one but it is bulky.
on 25 September 2014
I bought this as a nifty "top pocket" camera that would be easy to carry around. Did everything I would expect --for 7 months-- and then let me down bad on my holiday in South of France. The lens unit went haywire, I lost all auto focus and definition, pictures appeared as "X.RAY" I had to go and buy another camera ! Nikon have since repaired/replaced under warranty F.O.C. But only 3 stars because of the failure when it mattered most. And now I'm left with 2 camera's.
on 10 January 2014
Nikon COOLPIX S3500 Compact Digital Camera - Black (20.1MP, 7x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCDHaving bought one of these cameras I have taken a few days to really try it out in various situations. I have found that in the close up mode is very difficult to obtain a sharp focus. In landscape mode it produces acceptable results. My biggest doubt about this camera is it's claim to be 20.1 megapixels. My Canon SLR, which is 18 megapixels produces full frame pictures which average around 9.5mb, this camera produces pictures which average around 4.5mb, which leads me to suspect that the camera is, in fact, no more than 12 megapixels. It will never replace my SLR in terms of the quality of the pictures it produces, or in terms of sheer versatility. It is, however, pocket sized, and therefore fills a completely different niche.
on 22 July 2013
I have taken a few good pictures with this camera by using the available functions. I do find digital noise can be a problem unless you have very good light and I have yet to take a decent close up picture. I tend to only use the 10 megapixel option and find this gives a better quality image. The sensor really isn't big enough to cope well with 20 megapixels. The colour especially blues are not particularly true. All a little disappointing. I haven't found the night landscape option much good either.
I use a DSLR for serious photography which I bought because after using a Fuji finepix Z1. I got irritated by the time it took to focus a shot. It did however produce the most amazingly sharply focussed images with very little noise and remaining so when zoomed on a computer until it pixilated. The coolpix S3500 does at least focus incredibly quickly for such a tiny camera and is truly pocket sized.
So if you want a little camera to carry everywhere in your pocket or bag thats easy, at the ready and quick to use, at this price it's a bargain. With the odd tweek on a Mac or with Photoshop you could produce a few decent pics (better than an iphone).
on 1 March 2014
This camera certainly packs a punch for such a small and compact camera the images it produces are of excellent quality and sharpness and the optical zoom allows distant objects to be brought not just closer but much clearer
on 24 February 2014
A very neat compact camera. I first used it to take some shots of central heating controls for them to be analysed. It was done with ease and the company I forwarded them to were very pleased with the definition.
on 27 December 2013
I was struggling for ideas for my 9 year old Daughter this christmas.

I decided to get her this camera and she loves it. Its easy enough for her to use, including some of the features, but its also grown up and not baby-ish. She loves the colour, as it makes it a bit more fun and the photo quality is good too :-)