5.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea BUT...
Published 3 months ago by Peter Stephenson

1.0 out of 5 stars Do the manufacturers know?
I ordered Smart Straw. It came with single straw; Then I found that the straw was unusable=the nozzle would not accept the straw-so frustrating.Obviously the 400ml size cannot be used with a straw.
Published 5 days ago by Edwin Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea BUT..., 15 April 2014
This review is from: WD40 44034 Smart Straw 400 ml (DIY & Tools)
I don't know if its just my can but I get the impression that the lubricant is not under the same pressure as the ordinary can. In addition the spray (ie with the straw folded down) is more of a jet than the atomised spray. I like the product but if what I have is anything to go by you still need the old cans for generally spraying things or a strong jet from the (old-style detachable) straw, while the new can is more for less forceful directed application.

A possible reason for lower pressure (if this is the case generally) could be that the rotating valve that switches from "spray" to straw can’t handle the normal pressure without leaking lubricant over the user's hand.

A possible reason for the “spray” being more like a jet is that the stray has to pass through rotating valve before it emerges – so its more like using a half-inch straw than a normal aerosol spray.

The weakness seems to be that the old-fashioned aerosol valve (as found in every aerosol can) has been refined to the point where it can handle high pressure. The new rotating valve, that switches from “spray” to jet can’t handle that sort of pressure and so the can has had to had to have its pressure lowered to allow for this.

But still, a good product so long as you regard is a useful alternative to, and not a replacement for, the old (and more feisty) can and straw. It is much more convenient for general use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and works well, 11 Jun 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: WD40 44034 Smart Straw 400 ml (DIY & Tools)
I love WD40 because of its versatility and great number of different uses.

I've used it for all kind of things... The most recent being my bike shed which is locked with a combination padlock. Unfortunately the padlock had decided to become stuck and had rusted up a little. I sprayed with WD40 and the padlock is working perfectly once again.

Other things I have used this product on is my bicycle chain, squeaky doors, hinges in need of a little help, and also my car door - the key no longer wanted to go in and actually turn. Again, the WD40 worked a treat and I encountered no further problems.

Around the house it is like magic on skirting boards - as advertised, it really does get those scuff marks off! I had got so used to getting frustrated and endlessly rubbing them to get marks off. This makes life altogether easier....

I've had WD40 in all sorts of different dispensing packets over time from normal sprays through to those with the straws etc. to be honest, for my everyday needs, I just buy the cheapest available option these days as I find that they are all capable of doing a good job regardless of the delivery method.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 30 Sep 2013
It's WD40.

It has a straw and a nozzle for fine and wine spray respectfully.

I always buy the smart straw bottle now.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 2 Jun 2014
Mrs. S. E. Goodluck (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WD40 44034 Smart Straw 400 ml (DIY & Tools)
The new straw adapter is simple yet brilliant. I would highly recommend this item over the original WD40 in a can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 22 May 2014
This review is from: WD40 44034 Smart Straw 400 ml (DIY & Tools)
Perfect as it was described. value for money, good brand. no problem at all. arrived when it was expected.Recommended 100%

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value WD40 fromt this supplier, 10 May 2014
This review is from: WD40 44034 Smart Straw 400 ml (DIY & Tools)
I purchased this from this supplier as it worked out the best value. The flip up pipe does actually work well especially as I had lost the ones that came attached to the side of the can with an elastic band when I really needed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but you get what you pay for!, 7 May 2014
I've tried the cheaper alternatives and they work OK.. but not like WD40
I think it's slightly over priced but as yet I've not found anything quite as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 26 April 2014
This review is from: WD40 44034 Smart Straw 400 ml (DIY & Tools)
I am very happy with this product. It is exactly as advertised and what I wanted. Delivery was also spot on!

5.0 out of 5 stars oil well?, 22 April 2014
This review is from: WD40 44034 Smart Straw 400 ml (DIY & Tools)
not much to say it does the job that it was meant to do the smart straw is a good idea

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 14 April 2014
This review is from: WD40 44034 Smart Straw 400 ml (DIY & Tools)
no surprises the product is good for what is for, easy to use and fast results. good stuff.. . .

WD40 44034 Smart Straw 400 ml