5.0 out of 5 stars another great addition to the series
I really enjoy the atelier games, Iris was the first I played and it has come a long way since then. I love the alchemy gathering and time management, this was another great addition to an already brilliant series, that said I prefer the Japanese voices to the English ones.
Published 5 months ago by K.J. Simmill

3.0 out of 5 stars Its missing something....
I've played all the PS3 Atelier titles now and this is my least favourite (apart from Rorona; we can chock that up to first try experimentation)

Published 23 months ago by Iain

5.0 out of 5 stars another great addition to the series, 4 Oct. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Another solid entry in the series., 19 Mar. 2013
J. Morgan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3) (Video Game)
Unlike the previous games, Ayesha has a different approach to Alchemy and to the progression of the game in general.
Alchemy starts off quite random,with skills added as you level which allow you to target specific properties.
I had a lot more difficulty initially with getting good weapons than in the previous games. But a much easier time making "super" weapons for the end game.

Story wise, it's very open. You have a goal "Find your sister" and beyond that you discover everything as you go.Notes are kept in a journal in no particular order and unlike previous games the progression is less linear.
I'd rescued the sister by year 2 , but the game keeps going.

It's an entertaining,fun game, without being spectacular. A completely new world and cast with nothing to do with Rorona,Totori etc. It's no Ni No Kuni (which anyone who wants to experience a JPRG should get) but it will keep you occupied for a couple of weeks.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great series. I really liked this game and plan ..., 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3) (Video Game)
A great series. I really liked this game and plan on doing a second playthrough if you were on the fence of getting this do yourself a favor and pick it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Enjoyable Game... Recommended for JRPG fans, 17 Mar. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am a fan of the Atelier Series and I wasnt disappointed
Another great addition with a new story
Even if u are new to the series, I think you will like it... the star of the game is definitely the Item synthesis system which pretty well crafted to be both enjoyable and very rewarding (Alchemy as it is known in the game)
I had a blast with this game !!

3.0 out of 5 stars Its missing something...., 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3) (Video Game)

First things first: on its own merits its a good game. Good battle system, nice little story (Bit cloying as always but this is a Gust hallmark) and the synthesis system remains excellent. This is the first installment to have almost total freedom - you have goals to meet, revolving around the mystery of your sisters disappearance, but apart from that you can basically do what you want, which is quite refreshing after the ( still lax compared to Rorona) deadlines of previous titles.

The graphics have got a bit of a boost again too and I do like a lot of the artwork and design.

What lets this game down is its the first PS3 Atelier not set in Arland. We're in a whole new territory here, with whole new characters...and they're a bit bland, in my opinion. Compared to Totori and co. and Sterk and Rorona, I found Ayesha and her friends to be disappointing company. Maybe its because we had three games to get to know the Arland crew.

Apart from Keith (whom I liked) and to a lesser extent, Juris (stereotype but still entertaining), Ayesha's cast is just plain inferior.

Also, what gives with not being able to make your own weapons and armour? This is game that revolves almost entirely around crafting. Now you have to pick up your togs from random monster fights? No thanks.

So all in all, a bit of a lacklustre effort I think. I'd rather play Totori or Meruru again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Oct. 2014
Craig Durham (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3) (Video Game)
same old IF you liked the previous ones

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but....., 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3) (Video Game)
As someone who has not played the Atelier series since Iris 3 I decided that with a new trilogy beginning now would be a good time to jump back on.

Pros
"OK" english voice acting.
Combat is fun, challenging and never gets repetitive.
Plot is mysterious and quite interesting.
The character models are well designed.
Funny dialog.(Though not as good as some other JRPG's)
Good music. (Not as good as the series sister game Ar Tonelico though)

Cons
Slightly dodgy UI.
Some of the characters are really annoying.
Really really really (Did I say really?)slow start.
Overly complex at times, I never had any idea what I was doing in the alchemy system and the calendar system.

Conclusion
Worth buying especially the price as it is now but don't go in expecting anything too amazing. I hope the next game fixes some of the problems I highlighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my gf and she loved it!, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3) (Video Game)
Bought this game for my girlfriend and she absolutely loved it! I do not play the series myself, but I the visuals are beautiful when I watched my gf play through it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good game, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3) (Video Game)
I had high hopes for this and it did not fail to excite me. Brilliant game well worth picking up if you love a good JRPG

2.0 out of 5 stars No Japanese voices, 1 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3) (Video Game)
All earlier PS3 Atelier games have Japanese voices so I just trusted than this has also. But no. This one has really terrible English dubs which means that I need to set voices totally off. I don't understand who would think that Japanese or original voices in general are unimportant.

Otherwise game looks promising and I love Atelier games. I just couldn't start this one because major part of game has cut out.

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3) by Tecmo Koei (PlayStation 3)