5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and just what I needed
This product arrived last week and I have purchased it to get me through the Glastonbury Festival in the summer.

I have been running an experiment on my iPhone 4 since last Monday afternoon charging my device with nothing other than than this product and it works a treat. Today (Sunday) was the sixth day and it finally ran out of power.

During the...
Published 13 months ago by Lazzareo

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery Power not as good as expected.
I bought this to provide additional power for my Apple devices when out for the day away from a power socket. I use a Cycle Computer (CycleMeter) app which uses the GPS to plot my position, has an on screen cycle computer and also downloads the maps from the internet.

Published 23 months ago by smiffydotinfo

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and just what I needed, 24 Feb 2013

During the last 6 days I have charged my device 9 times with varying degrees of battery power left in the phone. The table below shows (Start of charge battery %, End of charge battery %, Total charge % & No. of powers bars left on device ranging from 1-4)

38% 99% 61% 4 bars
32% 95% 63% 1 bar
44% 100% 56% 1 bar
24% 66% 42% 0 bar
Total charge 601%

It took approximately 90 mins to do a full charge.

Overall a very good product and should do me nicely at Glastonbury.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, but understandably bulky, 2 Oct 2013
Mr. Simon P. Russell "cessquill" (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews
First off - I apologise if any of this is patronising; it will likely contain points which may be obvious but I feel it's right to raise them to make sure people purchase the right tool for the right job. I purchased this unit to replace a failed Anker 8000mAh unit I purchased last year.

The version I'm reviewing is the 12000mAh version. I can't speak for the other capacities just yet (but I will be ordering one soon).

This unit is great, and it has come in handy all ready. Some points follow which may be good or bad for your usage. Either way, they should be handy if you're considering this...

This thing has so far charged everything I've thrown at it. A 2013 Nexus 7, two Kindles, a HTC One X and an old HTC phone. You get a couple of leads with it and a bunch of converters to make up iPhone/Nokia leads, etc. However, you've probably got a bunch of USB leads lying around that will work just as well.

It charges through its Micro USB port on the side. Personally this was one of the selling points. When I travel I like to carry as little as possible. Most things I take charge off Micro USB, so the lead will not be a problem. Then, I only need to take one USB wall charger.

That's if it needs recharging whilst you're away. I took this to keep phones, tablets and sat-navs fully charged when we were travelling without power. At our destination it had hardly made a dent in its capacity. I dare say that if you were taking a phone on a camping trip it would keep it powered up for your duration.

Beware that - although it charges up over Micro USB - you can't just plug it into your laptop's USB port and fill it up. It will need a decent wall charger and a fair bit of time to fill it up. In fact I think it refuses to charge unless you give it enough juice (not tested fully).

Although this might seem obvious, it's worth pointing out - you need to realise that this thing has the battery capacity of over 8 iPhone 4's. This means that it takes a while to charge (I haven't tested full charge times yet - mine was pretty much full on receipt, and I've kept topping it up since), and it might be a little larger and heavier than you're comfortable with.

This thing is about the size of two HTC One X's on top of each other (so two quite large smart-phones). It's also quite heavy. Whilst it's possible to carry it around with you in a pocket, its bulk makes it more suited for a bag or ruck-sack. Or to keep in a vehicle (although you'd likely have a car-charger). It's not huge by any means, but it is a bit bulky. And it has to be to cram in all of those mAh's!

My previous power pack (8000mAh-ish) was just about practical to carry around in a coat pocket all the time in case of power requirements. Not so with this - when I purchased it, I went for the largest capacity Micro-USB power bank that I could find. Having thought it through, I'm still very glad that I've got it, and it will come in handy, but I will be getting a smaller-capacity version as a carry-about.

In summary, this is a really great unit, but consider the size and weight required to support its capacity. If you want something more portable, you may have to compromise on capacity. If this is the capacity you need, then this is the unit for you. When you then factor in the price, it's a no-brainer.

Fingers crossed for a smaller and lighter breakthrough in battery technology...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy piece of device, 11 July 2012
Excellent portable charger that charges my phone in emergencies when i need it the most.
The external charger is a very sturdy device which does weigh slightly more than i expected but this is not much of an issue as u get use to it. The charger itself has four LED lights which indicates the amount of power left in the device. 2 USB ports ( one of them a 0.6A and the other a 2.0A which charges your phone/ desired device faster). It has 1 mini usb port which use to charge up the external charger itself through an AC outlet. The charger itself is roughly the size of a pack of cards.

I would say the portable charger charges my samsung galaxy s2 about 3-4 times before it dies. However i only use it in emergencies when my phone battery is about to die when im out and charging through an AC output is not possible so it can last for a few weeks between charges easily. It really depends on how u use it. Also dont be alarmed if on the 1st charge cycle your external charger loses battery quickly as this gets better in time as you give it a few more charges. I would suggest to let it charge 1st time overnight b4 using it to charge any of your devices.

Along with the charger included are two USB cables of different sizes which u connect into the external charger and the other side of the cable is a port which fits several small pieces included. I generally use the micro usb piece of which they include two of which is quite helpful as i can use 1 cable and 1mini usb piece primarily for charging the portable charger through an AC output and the other cable and mini usb for my phone so i dont need to switch bits and bobs about. There are also few more pieces which u can attach onto the cable to charge different devices. I have tried an old nokia with the bigger circle connector and a nokia e6 which has the smaller circle connector and both charges perfectly fine. There is also an piece to charge apple devices and i've tried this on my girlfriends iphone and ipod nano and its charges fine. I was pleasantly surprised when a piece connected into my bluetooth ps3 controller and started to charge, which was a great addition. However, there wasn't a piece to fit for my nintendo 3ds( which i hoped as it said it charges nintendo ds so i was hopeful it charged the 3ds also but this wasnt to be) Nevertheless a great piece of kit.

the only downside was that it did not include an UK adapter, which they did mention but i still thought they shoud provide this for immediate use. However as i knew about this i bought an EU to UK adapter on amazon along with this so they got dispatched the same time. I would suggest buying an EU TO UK adaptor at the same time as the easyacc8400maH portable charger.
The adapter i bought was for £1.04(prices may change overtime) which can be found here:
[...]
and it works perfectly fine with the external charger.
If u have a 3pin shaver adapter that also works as i tried this out of curiosity when i received the product.

All in all, i would give this product 10/10 and highly recommend it to everyone.

update 27/07/12 (Customer service review): Had a slight problem with the product and easyacc store was quick to respond and despatch me a new one free of charge. They were very helpful. One of the best customer services i have received.

Update: 11/12/12 - I recently bought a ps vita handheld console and the battery on that is fairly average and gaming really drains the battery out severely. The playstation external battery pack for the PS Vita was over 45pounds which is quite expensive. I was curious to see whether the easyacc external charger would charge my ps vita and to my surprise the handheld console was charging just fine. Using the USB lead that came with the PS vita console, I inserted this in the easyacc external charger on the 0.6A and problem solved (Note: the ps vita only charges on the 0.6A output not the 2.0A) Now gaming on the go has got even better as i dont have to worry about the battery on my ps vita. Great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy, 9 Feb 2014
Always never enough battery when on the go so ordered this works really well!!that good i have ordered another one for a friend !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb device, worth every penny, 20 April 2013
This is just a superb piece of kit to have with you if you commute or otherwise are away from charging for long periods of time and still need your devices to keep on kicking all day long. The two ports really does help matters if you ever travel with friends or co-workers. It has an absolutely massive capacity which means you can happily charge tablets from it with no worries of running out. This comes with a convenient selection of cables to use with it: A micro-USB one for most devices, a 30 pin Apple cable, and a multi-tip cable that has micro-usb, apple and sundry other options. It's a fairly chunk device, as you would expect for the capacity, but the pictures don't give a great idea of scale, and particularly it is thicker than it looks. That's not a big deal, just something to bear in mind.

Two major things that make this a far better choice over similar products: Firstly it charges from any micro-USB charger including car chargers and mains chargers, and for everyone other than iPhone users that will be the same charger for their phones. That might not sound like a big deal but it really is. The other battery pack I bought could only be charged via one of the included charging tips and if you lost it (which is very easy) the battery pack would be useless.

Secondly, you can charge devices from any USB cables that you have for your devices not just the included ones. Again, this might not seem like a big deal, but since you aren't ever happy to take the one with removable tips out of the house (because you WILL lose them) its good to know that any cable you can put your hands on will work fine. Similarly if any other person needs to charge their device and have the cable you are good to go. Again, other battery packs force you to only use the cables they supply. A side benefit from this is that you can use longer cables that let the battery pack sit in a jacket pocket or bag while you still use your device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power to the people..., 24 Sep 2013
DARKcell - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
***DISCLOSURE***
'EasyAcc' provided this item free of charge for me to test and evaluate. In exchange, I agreed to provide an honest review detailing my thoughts. This is said review.
----------------------------------------------

This product has a black and silver plastic exterior. It has a button on the side that will cause the lights to come life, indicating how much battery power remains. This button can also be used to start/stop charging when something is plugged in. It has four slots to charge devices. Each slot is 5V, and each one is rated at a different amperage. You have 0.5A, 1.3A, 1.0A and 2.1A. This is useful if you are charging different devices that can handle more power. This power bank is changed via a micro USB cable and doesn't take very long at all. It is supplied with a carrying case for the power bank. This is a little confusing as the device doesn't actually fit fully within the case. My only thought is that this was deliberate, to allow access to the four ports whilst the power bank was in the case. In my opinion this was a mistake, as the materials of the case and the power bank together create very little friction, resulting in the device simply falling out. Bottom line, don't use it to carry the power bank around.

In the couple of weeks I've had this product, I've come to the conclusion that it can charge an iPhone 5/5S around 5-7 times from empty(ish) to full- which is more than enough for most people. It charges the iPhone at the fastest that is possible since it has three ports that push out equal to or over 1.0A. The power indicator lights are extremely handy and let you know when it's time to recharge it.

All in all this is good quality product that I simply can't find fault with. It will charge multiple devices at full speed and keep you going for a long weekend of decent usage, or a week of light to medium use.
One final note. I've had a small amount of dealings with 'EasyAcc', and can say nothing but positive things about them. They've never given me a reason to complain or be unhappy with their service.

OVERVIEW
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes

PROS:
+ Easily see how much power is remaining
+ Four separate slots to charge devices, each pumping out a different amount of amps
+ Able to charge an iPhone fully around 5-7 times
+ Recharges itself in a respectable time
+ In my opinion this is being sold at the correct price point for what you get

CONS:
- Device doesn't fit properly in supplied carrying case
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------

5.0 out of 5 stars very compact and useful battery, 12 Jun 2012
Size is perfect (much smaller than other similar batteries with the same capacity). Has many accesories to be connected to almost any common mobile phone. Works very well. The LED light is very useful. I'm very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery, 9 Jun 2013
The battery works well and seems well built. I would have no problem in recommending one. Please read all the info though as the charger is not included which could surprise some people

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery Power not as good as expected., 27 April 2012

As an iPhone 4 spare battery this product is great it's capable of providing just over two full charges.

I also have a "New" 3grd generation iPad which is basically just a large battery with a screen attached. The iPad 3 battery has a capacity of 11,600 mAh - so I had hoped that I could get almost a 50% charge from the EasyAcc 5600mAh device. However in my tests I've only been able to increase the battery level by between 25% to 30%.

However, for the price of £21.99 I'm happy with the purchase.

Please be aware that you don't get a UK mains adapter, just a European one as per the photos. Also the provided USB to Apple adapter isn't great in the iPad - so expect to use your original lead.

The EasyACC is recharged from a Micro USB connection, which is quite tiny and fragile. I'd have preferred a more robust Mini USB socket for filling the device.

The manual is tiny, and poorly translated, but at the end of the day you charge it, and then recharge your devices. You can turn the battery off by holding down the button, and a double press turns on the single LED for torch mode! There are also four blue LEDs to indicate the remaining battery level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, 6 Jun 2012
I went for the 8400mah charge pack ready for a few weekends away/long flights etc and I've managed to get at least five full charges from this. Well sized and sleek, it charges in your pocket with minimal fuss. Absolutely fantastic, if your dithering about buying, don't, just buy one and enjoy a nice bit of kit!...

ARRAY(0xaa5a67c8)