5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable
Published 11 months ago by MrsAnn3

3.0 out of 5 stars Morocco-was a rough guide...
Published 6 months ago by S J Austin

3.0 out of 5 stars Morocco-was a rough guide..., 25 Sep 2013
We used this book extensively, had 3 weeks and travelled from Marrakesh-Rabat-Larache-Chefchaouen-Al hoecima-Nador. Although I realise the book is probably based on last summers prices?! Alot of the room prices were way out; as in listed cheaper and the descriptions were too kind! Travelling to and from, places, info was subject to a lot of leeway as well as dates and times being incorrect. But on the main the info about places to visit, sites of interest was generally very informative. I usually prefer Rough Guide to the opposition but would be interested to do a comparrison with this particular country's book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing new edition - but I would not travel without it!, 15 Jun 2013
I have explored Morocco many times using the previous edition of the Rough Guide. The new 2013 edition is a disappointment.

The maps, although slightly bigger, have smaller print against darker backgrounds and I therefore find it almost impossible to read the place-names. Also, the maps are still distributed throughout the book so you don't know where to find them, or even that there is a map of a particular area. All the maps need to be bigger, plainer, and in one section.

The only improvement is that hotel prices are now quoted as an actual price, rather than by means of a code. However, many good medium-priced hotels, which luckily I found from previous editions, have been omitted. Some of the cheap hotels listed and described as good, are actually dire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 27 April 2013
Excellent guide. Really helped us get the most out of our stay in Morocco with good background on history, flora and fauna and culture. Especially interesting on Berber culture. We found the accomodation recommendations very helpful. We could have done with a better map as we travelled extensively and road maps are not a strong point in Morocco. The suggested walks were first class, especially in the Atlas Mountains and the south and the pointers to off the track sights were very helpful. We often were the only people there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Essentials covered, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Morocco (Rough Guide to...) (Kindle Edition)
I had been hoping for more history. For example, who exactly built the Casbah in Tangier? And perhaps more insightful maps. I couldn't place places I had visited in Fez. What about a plan of Volubilis? Maybe this information was there, but I haven't found it yet. Would have liked more links in the Kindle version to be able to jump around a bit.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Rough Guide to Morocco, 7 Sep 2013
I may be use to lonely planet's guides, but I did not like this rough guide to Morocco. Information are not properly organised. I am taking a long trip visiting all over Morocco. I am booked in 4 stars hotels. But out of six hotels I only find information on half of the hotels my tour operator has booked. I purchased this book because it is a more recent 2013 edition, but overall I am disappointed with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GUIDE, 12 April 2014
hAVE HAD THIS FOR YEARS BUT BOUGHT THE KINDLE VERSION. WILL BE USING NEXT TIME I GO TO MOROCCO. ALWAYS FOUND THE GUILDS TO BE USEFUL AND INFORMATIVE.

5.0 out of 5 stars All You'll Need, 17 Feb 2014
Everything you'll need to know in this handy guide that is easy to carry around and wont take up too much space.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, just the maps, 23 Nov 2013
D. Ellis "Bonecutter" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
Very good book. Independant travellers doing Marrakech, Atlas, Essaouira. Paid for itself just with recommended taxi fares and advice to use Supratours busses rather than grand taxis |(not usually as grand as they sound). Found restaurant reviews accurate. Usual Rough Guide gripe (multiple users, most of the guides) that maps are spread through text, eventually get use to finding them, but prefer all at start of book or at start of each chapter. Review is for paperback edition. I downloaded sample to Kindle (Nexus 7) and whist more portable and potentially searchable (maps could possibly be bookmarked too) the ability to pass book around group still the trump card, and less clearly a 'valuable' in cafes and streets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaced the earlier edition, 2 April 2014
Raymond Stephenson (UK) - See all my reviews
We're returning net year and we want to avoid large seaside complexes but at the same time require cmfortable. affordable accommodation in areas with a lot of interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide to Morocco, 12 Nov 2013
Will be going to Morocco in Jan and this guide could not have come at a better time! Love the pictures too!

ARRAY(0xab43bf30)