on 2 October 2014
I really enjoyed this. Very American but easy to read and not too long, so even my husband read it. We were struggling to stay sane and calm with some tantrums from our 4 and 2 year old and it reminded us of why we want to parent in a peaceful way. After reading it we didn't feel we needed to resort to any hardcore discipline techniques, we rode it out and the kids very quickly returned to their usual lovely selves :-) Some of the stories in it are a bit idealistic, sometimes patronising and at times downright sickly but like with all parenting books you have to take from it what you need and ignore the bits you don't!
on 12 April 2013
A refreshingly honest and gentle book about guiding and nurturing your children not ruling or controlling them. Teaches you to enjoy and have fun with your children. Encouraging how this really pays off when they are teenagers. Also explains our children are not perfect and nor are we! Good buy
on 6 April 2013
A fantastic book, I wish i had read it 4yrs ago with my 1st it might of gave me a bit more confidence in myself as a parent.
on 10 May 2014
If only every new mother or father were given this to read the world would be a better place. This is the ultimate guide to communicating with your baby/child/teen and with each other.
on 12 June 2013
Read it cover to cover as soon as it arrived. Great book, thought provoking, inspiring and easy to read :) Definitely recommend.
on 25 January 2015
Lots of interesting ideas and explanations about developing young people and the absolute importance of nurturing their vulnerable brains and how it can be done without need for power struggles. I really like the messages in this book and already feel it's contributed to a happier, warmer and more loving home.
on 17 November 2015
I enjoyed reading this book very much. If "traditional parenting" is not sitting comfortably with you, this book is for you. It is a great introduction to gentle parenting. Everything resonated with me and I still keep going back to the book when challenges arise! Highly recommended.
on 20 March 2013
Love the way Knost respects and validates children's feelings - a gem. As with everything her caring attitude shines throughout- not preaching just offering information :)
on 17 November 2014
Wonderful book with lots of gentle advice. I would definitely recommend it for anyone who is looking for a bit of support or reassurance that gentle parenting is the way forward
on 18 August 2015
We love L.R. Knost. She's an inspiration. Everyone should own one of her books.