on 4 September 2007
I have loved SBs books since her early Hero days - her later books have branched out, less the romantic suspense and more mainstream fiction. I suggest you read her earlier books particularly Hot Target otherwise a lot of this book will be meaningless. The main story of Ric and Annie is adequate but I did not find much chemistry between the leads and their reason for conflict did not amount to much. The secondary story between the 2 men, Jules and Robin took centre stage. I had not liked reading their story in Hot Target as I usually read SBs books for the hot romance between a feisty heroine and an alpha male but in this book, found myself skipping over the Ric/Annie paragraphs to read the Robin/Jules storyline. Is that their HEA, will have to wait and see!
Welcome cameo from Sam but the other Troubleshooters do not really appear. I hope SB picks up on some of the earlier characters such as Izzy (the new Sam/Wildcard?) for her next book and gets back to some SEAL action with the men doing what they do best as in her best books, Over the Edge and Out of Control.
on 22 August 2007
If you have read Suzanne's other books in the Troubleshooter's series (especially Hot Target) you will already know about the relationship between Robin Chadwick and Jules Cassidy. I just loved this book. I think it is the best one Suzanne has written so far in the whole of the series. Ric and Annie have a love-hate-love relationship which is mostly quite amusing and Jules just about keeps it together concerning his feelings for Robin. Mixed in with a good plot line and you have an amazing book. Don't just take my word for it, read it yourself!
on 13 September 2013
The best book so far in the series and I didn't think it could get any better. The love story between Jules & Robin really tugs on the heartstrings and it is action packed too.
Would recommend the whole series!!
on 4 March 2013
I liked the story, but not as much as some of Ms Brockmann's other novels but it was still gripping, and
held on to the suspense to the end.
on 21 June 2013
Love all the troubleshooter books they never disappoint action romance and humour all with characters you can't wait to hear more about
on 21 September 2014